• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Airborn

TSN: Red Wings interested in Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

What makes you so sure? He was having a bad year before the incident in '04. He had a bad year in '05. Compound that with playoff no shows. Suddenly he doesn't look so enticing.

60 and 71 Pts in those two years, and a combined 20 PP Goals.

Not bad.

What makes you so sure? He was having a bad year before the incident in '04. He had a bad year in '05. Compound that with playoff no shows. Suddenly he doesn't look so enticing.

'04 wasn't that bad. He only wasn't putting the puck in the net like the previous few seasons. I'd say '04 was more of an off year for him. But he was still regarded as one of the top power forwards in the league prior to the incident. As for last year, 90 out of a 100 players would've been affected mentally/psychologically in the situation he was in. He needed a change of scenery, as would most other people in that situation.

60 and 71 Pts in those two years, and a combined 20 PP Goals.

Not bad.

25 goals doesn't impress me when we've got Mikael Samuelsson who can basically do the same thing (in the regular and post season). First round pick and Rex, for maybe a decent post season run? That isn't supported by anything he's done since '03? Pass.

Nor should he. First, Bertuzzi may not have even been the one that crippled him. Did you see that pile-up? Can you say without question it was the hit from Bertuzzi that did him in? Neither can a doctor. Second, if Moore had turned to face Bert as he was grabbing on to the back of his sweater they would have exchanged maybe one or two punches before the linesman were all over that and it would have been over. Cowardice is a poor excuse for injury. Third, Moore didn't seem to mind taking liberties by inflicting a hit which could have blown out Naslund's knee and ended HIS career, which was then and is now worth a whole lot more "dimes" than Moore's was ever going to be. Bert did something that EVERY member of this board wanted one of our players to do after cheap shots to Williams, then Franzen, then Cleary, then Hasek... the list goes on. Bert has balls. Bert has good hands. Bert has a mean streak. Bert has size. Bert has loyalty to him teammates. Make the trade Kenny! He didn't intentionally cripple Moore. It's not like he was thinking, "ya, I'm gonna cripple this guy, derail my own career, become a hated NHL'er, get traded to a crappy team, and face years of legal battles", as he was tugging on Moore's jersey while skating down the ice. He just wanted to slap him in the face and say, "Don't take out our star player's knee, be more careful you spineless, third line, cowardly Avs monkey". If Shanny had crippled poor Roy when he jumped at him, or if Mac had crippled poor Claude when he pummeled him as he turtled on the ice would you portray Shanny or Mac as vile villians who should be hung in the town square? I think not...

Trade for Bert. Hudler and a pick. My only concern is that Bert should sign here for at least another year or two as part of the deal. He's exactly what we need. Filpulla with Bert on his wing would be deadly.

This thread should've ended after this post right here.. you hit the nail on the head...its good to see that someone understands what went on...nobody can prove Moore's injury was a direct result of the punch... i feel bad for what happenend to Moore but the fact of the matter is there have been way worse incidents of violence in this league..crosschecks to the face..spears, stick swinging incidents, that dude on Nashville sucker punched someone this year..the only difference with those incidents and the Bert incident is that there was a freak injury. As for the people who claim they won't cheer for the Wing's if Bert shows up in Detroit..cya..and enjoy watching mens gymnastics or sychronized swimming or something!!

I'd be cool with the Wings picking up Bertuzzi, but not for a first-rounder and a top prospect. Bertuzzi had an amazing season several years ago, but ever since the Moore incident, he's looked like he's on the downswing. I'd take him for a mid-range pick and Williams, perhaps one of our less heralded prospects if necessary.

I would hope that the Wings would have enough class in their organization, to refuse to hire an unrepentant violent criminal, however good a player he is. I certainly would have hard time rooting for them, when Bertuzzi is on the ice wearing red.

I agree 100%,Bertuzzi is a bum and a dirty player,keep him in florida where he belongs,we dont need any cowards who hit people from behind breaking their necks Edited by Draperfan

Nor should he. First, Bertuzzi may not have even been the one that crippled him. Did you see that pile-up? Can you say without question it was the hit from Bertuzzi that did him in? Neither can a doctor. Second, if Moore had turned to face Bert as he was grabbing on to the back of his sweater they would have exchanged maybe one or two punches before the linesman were all over that and it would have been over. Cowardice is a poor excuse for injury. Third, Moore didn't seem to mind taking liberties by inflicting a hit which could have blown out Naslund's knee and ended HIS career, which was then and is now worth a whole lot more "dimes" than Moore's was ever going to be. Bert did something that EVERY member of this board wanted one of our players to do after cheap shots to Williams, then Franzen, then Cleary, then Hasek... the list goes on. Bert has balls. Bert has good hands. Bert has a mean streak. Bert has size. Bert has loyalty to him teammates. Make the trade Kenny! He didn't intentionally cripple Moore. It's not like he was thinking, "ya, I'm gonna cripple this guy, derail my own career, become a hated NHL'er, get traded to a crappy team, and face years of legal battles", as he was tugging on Moore's jersey while skating down the ice. He just wanted to slap him in the face and say, "Don't take out our star player's knee, be more careful you spineless, third line, cowardly Avs monkey". If Shanny had crippled poor Roy when he jumped at him, or if Mac had crippled poor Claude when he pummeled him as he turtled on the ice would you portray Shanny or Mac as vile villians who should be hung in the town square? I think not...

Trade for Bert. Hudler and a pick. My only concern is that Bert should sign here for at least another year or two as part of the deal. He's exactly what we need. Filpulla with Bert on his wing would be deadly.

#1 Bertuzzi was the one who crippled him,ive seen it umpteen times,he hit him from behind(like a coward) then fell on top of him first before the pileon,so quit making excusesfor him. #2The cowardice you were refering to i hope that was aimed at Bertuzzi because he was the one who hit him from behind #3The hit by Moore on Naslund was legal as i recall ther was no penalty.#4 How can you compare Shanny and Mac to Bertuzzi? what an insult,they fought their guys face to face unlike that coward Bertuzzi.....Please Holland,dont acquire Bertuzzi,like someone said earlier "hes a cancer in the locker room" plus he takes a wayyy to many stupid penaltys

Well, if the price really is only a 1st rounder and a decent prospect, what better options are there available without giving up Filppula or Kronwall or one of our blue-chip prospects..?

It's a gamble alright but not a very high-risk one at that price.

Plus there's a chance that he could address one big issue that we constantly whine about. :P

As long as we aren't giving up my boy, Rex.

Like some have mentioned..Todd is exactly what the Wings need and while he's rarely if at all played this year I think he'd be better off with a fresh start elsewhere (Detroit possibly). He could do some DAMAGE and help the Wings out big time. He hasn't exactly shown up in the playoffs, but who's to say that would happen if he were to be here with the Wings? For all we know he could tear it up and be our best guy in the post season. I guess im saying IF the Wings were to get him I wouldn't mind EVEN though I dislike him VERY much. I guess I'd just have to put my feelings aside and hope he'd do great and help out our team.

If not Bertuzzi, I'd like to see Fedotenko and Roberts or Lapointe.

:clap: I strongly approve of and agree with this statement.

A sixth defenseman won't be anywhere near enough for Florida to make that deal.

Yeah I guess. Quincey will be top four at least in his career though.

Edited by superstarsingh

I say get him...we need that one person who will lay a hit on someone and take them off the puck plus be able to shoot. Did you guys hear last night when the few times we acually checked someone the crowd went nuts!!!..now i know thats not a real big thing but how many times do you hear our fans go nuts???? not much. I think we need someone like that in more ways then one. Our fans our craving that one guy.

I want him. I just want somebody here who is big, physical, and can do something with the puck (1st priority) and will also break some necks (2nd priority), if sombody will hurt our star players (Zetta or Dats). Just like he protected Näslund.

Williams/Hudler + 1st pick <> Bertuzzi

Roster at the playoffs:

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Samuelsson

Holmström - Zetterberg - Lang

Franzen - Draper - Maltby

Kopecky - Filppula - Hudler/Williams

Edited by Henkka

Guest GordieSid&Ted

A someone mentioned before, he HAS NOT paid for his deed yet. When he shows his remorse by reaching a decent settelement with Moore, instead of stonewalling him every way he can, I'll start counting him as a human being again.

Until then, I don't want this sleeze wearing the Winged Wheel.

And what exactly is the dollar amount that makes him a human being again? Is it whatever dollar amount Moore and his lawyer want? Have you been following the case to the point that you have any idea what demands are being asked or what damages have been awarded? Are you familiar enough with the legal system to provide more than your personal feelings and commentary on the subject? I don't know spit about this case. i don't know where it stands and I don't know who is stonewalling the settlement. For all I know Moore and his crew are asking for 50 million dollars or 100 mil or a freaking billion. I don't know. Maybe you could provide some insight on this situation to which you seem to be up to speed on. I for one would greatly appreciate the update.

A first rounder and a prospect are WAY too much to give up for Bertuzzi in my opinion. Sure, it'd be a great deal if it was Bert for 03 but it isn't. By the time he gets back on the ice he might play in a mere 5 games to determine if his back if fine or not. That's not good enough for me.

I'd hate to give up a 1st and even Meech for Bert because for all we know his back will go out by March 1st and then we're screwed.

If we're giving up that much then I'd be far more comfortable going after guys like Doan, Nagy or Guerin.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

#1 Bertuzzi was the one who crippled him,ive seen it umpteen times,he hit him from behind(like a coward) then fell on top of him first before the pileon,so quit making excusesfor him. #2The cowardice you were refering to i hope that was aimed at Bertuzzi because he was the one who hit him from behind #3The hit by Moore on Naslund was legal as i recall ther was no penalty.#4 How can you compare Shanny and Mac to Bertuzzi? what an insult,they fought their guys face to face unlike that coward Bertuzzi.....Please Holland,dont acquire Bertuzzi,like someone said earlier "hes a cancer in the locker room" plus he takes a wayyy to many stupid penaltys

Actually, McCarty sucker punched Lemieux in the face. Just because Lemieux was facing McCarty when it happened doesn't change the fact that Lemieux didn't know he was about to get punched in the face and the event itself is the epitome of what a sucker punch is. Furthermore, McCarty pummelled a turtled opponent. Yeah, we all think its great but if we were on the receiving end we'd all be talking about how you don't punch a guy who is on the ground in a fight or you don't punch a guy who has his jersey up over his head. Bottom line is Mac (god love him for it) sucker punched Lemieux and continued to beat on him even though Lemieux showed no indication fo trying to fight back. McCarty also tried to knee Lemieux in the face along the boards when the refs intervened. Don't think so? Watch the clip again. Mac clearly tries to get his knee up in Lemieux's grill because the refs have his arms tied up.

I'm not defending Bertuzzi. It was a cheapshot. IMO, the act itself wasn't as bad as Matt Johnson's punch on Jeff Beakeboom where he wound up from right field and unloaded a brutal haymaker to the back of Beukeboom's head and effectively ended his career. I also think it isn't as bad as the bare-knuckle KO punch Domi threw on Ulf Samuelsson that knocked him out. In both those instances the punches were more violent IMO and the deeds more dastardly. Unfortunately for Moore and Bertuzzi in that incident Moore's neck got fractured. Talk about a fluke. The Bert punch pales in comparison to other things i've seen in NHL games but it stands as the standard for evildoing because of the resulting injury. Like I said, i'm not defending Bert, it was a cheapsot, but anybody who doesn't think McCarty cheapshotted Lemieux is just being a homer. It was the greatest game I ever watched but a sucker punch is a sucker punch no matter which jersey you are rooting for.