• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#21 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:18 PM

My fault for the double post. Computer was being stupid.

Edited by tazzer82, 07 February 2007 - 10:24 PM.

“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond

#22 bcwingsfan19

bcwingsfan19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ February 7, 2007 - 07:13PM) View Post

I completely agree. The problem is his complete and utter lack of remorse. I won't rehash the whole scenario and I hope no one else does either. We don't need to debate it again. I also can't deny the Wings need a physical presence, especially since anyone could pull up at least 10 threads where I advocate it. I just wish we had better options.

Exactly what I think.

Good luck Lang!

#23 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII don't know.............................. unsure.gif
Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#24 yzerman&thewings=CUP

yzerman&thewings=CUP

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 972 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(sibiriak @ February 7, 2007 - 10:15PM) View Post

I would hope that the Wings would have enough class in their organization, to refuse to hire an unrepentant violent criminal, however good a player he is. I certainly would have hard time rooting for them, when Bertuzzi is on the ice wearing red.

grow up man, he took a cheap shot that ultimately cost him. You dont think Chelly ever took a cheap shot on anyone? He might not have hurt them like Bertuzzi did, but to not watch the wings because we acquire Bertuzzi is ridiculous. I remember when we traded for Chelly so many people said that they would never watch the wings, and look what happened, Chelly ended up playing for us for 7 years. Although I dont think we should give up too much to get Bert, he would be a HUGE addition for the playoffs.
When our time here on Earth is done, we will leave everything we have behind. But, we will take with us all that we are - Adrian Rogers

#25 wingsfan40

wingsfan40

Zetterberg: Simply Impresses Everytime He's On The Ice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

The nice thing about taking Bert is that we wouldn't be giving up very much to get him. I think he's cleaned up his ways a lot since the whole Moore incident. I just hope that we manage to keep hudler and filpulla some how, I really like these kids.

#26 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

I don't know what to think.

We all know he is a GREAT player and can make a huge difference on any team really..but I just keep thinking of the incident and don't know if I'd want him on the Wings. Sure what's done is done, but stil...
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#27 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(vladdy16 @ February 7, 2007 - 10:13PM) View Post

I completely agree. The problem is his complete and utter lack of remorse. I won't rehash the whole scenario and I hope no one else does either. We don't need to debate it again. I also can't deny the Wings need a physical presence, especially since anyone could pull up at least 10 threads where I advocate it. I just wish we had better options.

Wish all you want...Shane Doan ain't happening. Nagy and Gagne are not what this team needs. Roberts, Guerin and Tkatchuk are going to be as effective as Wendle Clark was to this team. Forsberg, Sundin, and Jokinen are all centers. WE DONT NEED ANYMORE CENTERS!!!

Bertuzzi and Nolan are the only 2 guys I am in favor of getting...unless someone else can inform me of another big, physical, scoring winger who is hungry for a chance at the Cup.

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#28 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(yzerman&thewings=CUP @ February 7, 2007 - 10:33PM) View Post

Although I dont think we should give up too much to get Bert, he would be a HUGE addition for the playoffs.

Choo choo! Here comes the Pain Train, headed by one Todd Bertuzzi. Look out, he's a force!

Six

Count 'em,

SIX

playoff goals in 24 games.

Hank managed to equal Bert's entire playoff goal totals in a single run last spring. I know he had that big season four years ago, but it may just be that that's potential he no longer has.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 07 February 2007 - 10:41 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#29 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ February 7, 2007 - 10:53PM) View Post

How was it that he behaved in the aftermath?

Um, played like s***, was by all accounts a locker room cancer...

Edited by dicksmack, 07 February 2007 - 10:43 PM.

Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#30 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(sibiriak @ February 7, 2007 - 07:01PM) View Post

If I ever cripple somebody, even inadvertently, I hope that i'd be man enough and own up to it, and pay the appropriate damages to the victim. Especially if I could afford them, like Bertuzzi can. You do realize that Moore still haven't seen a dime from Bertuzzi, right?

Well i hate to say it, but your soo wrong... Bert had a press conference and apologized on national tv and was crying and had a huge speech so where you get that he didn't own up to it, i have no idea...

Side Note: I was at that game in van since i live in bc and it was crazy.. your going to love this, i ended up beathing the s*** out of an avs fan as did many nucks fans that night since the score was 9-2 avs
IPB Image

#31 datsyukiandeke

datsyukiandeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:58 PM

f@ck bertuzzi

#32 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(dicksmack @ February 7, 2007 - 10:43PM) View Post

Um, played like s***, was by all accounts a locker room cancer...

That was a result of him being distracted by the incident, not him behaving badly....
In any event it shows that he was remorseful because if he didn't care about it, it wouldn't of affected his play.....

#33 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(datsyukiandeke @ February 7, 2007 - 07:58PM) View Post

f@ck bertuzzi

And why's that, explain more on that
IPB Image

#34 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(yzerman&thewings=CUP @ February 7, 2007 - 09:33PM) View Post

grow up man, he took a cheap shot that ultimately cost him. You dont think Chelly ever took a cheap shot on anyone? He might not have hurt them like Bertuzzi did, but to not watch the wings because we acquire Bertuzzi is ridiculous. I remember when we traded for Chelly so many people said that they would never watch the wings, and look what happened, Chelly ended up playing for us for 7 years. Although I dont think we should give up too much to get Bert, he would be a HUGE addition for the playoffs.

A someone mentioned before, he HAS NOT paid for his deed yet. When he shows his remorse by reaching a decent settelement with Moore, instead of stonewalling him every way he can, I'll start counting him as a human being again.
Until then, I don't want this sleeze wearing the Winged Wheel.

#35 A.T.Hun

A.T.Hun

You wouldn't like Wayne when he's angry . . .

• Gold Booster
  • 484 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 7, 2007 - 11:38PM) View Post

Choo choo! Here comes the Pain Train, headed by one Todd Bertuzzi. Look out, he's a force!

Six

Count 'em,

SIX

playoff goals in 24 games.

Hank managed to equal Bert's entire playoff goal totals in a single run last spring. I know he had that big season four years ago, but it may just be that that's potential he no longer has.

That "big season" isn't even that impressive when you figure what happened in the playoffs.
Regular season: 82 GP, 97 points, 144 PIM
Playoffs: 14 GP, 6 points (2G, 4A), 60 PIM

So while he didn't score in the playoffs he made his team shorthanded an average of just over two times per game. He's big, but his back is questionable at best and even when he was at his best he brought very little to the table offensively in the playoffs. I'd like to see the Wings get some more size for the playoffs too, but by "size" I would mean much more than "the ability to displace air."

#36 Lhockeytowngirl

Lhockeytowngirl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:08 PM

Do we need a tough guy who can score? YES! Do we need him? Hell NO!!!!!! Don't like him and don't want him!

#37 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(sibiriak @ February 7, 2007 - 08:05PM) View Post

A someone mentioned before, he HAS NOT paid for his deed yet. When he shows his remorse by reaching a decent settelement with Moore, instead of stonewalling him every way he can, I'll start counting him as a human being again.
Until then, I don't want this sleeze wearing the Winged Wheel.

Its really not Berts fault that nothing has been settled yet, it was the judge in Col that threw the case out the door, so i don't understand how you can blame bert for paying up
IPB Image

#38 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(wingslogo19 @ February 7, 2007 - 09:57PM) View Post

Well i hate to say it, but your soo wrong... Bert had a press conference and apologized on national tv and was crying and had a huge speech so where you get that he didn't own up to it, i have no idea...

Side Note: I was at that game in van since i live in bc and it was crazy.. your going to love this, i ended up beathing the s*** out of an avs fan as did many nucks fans that night since the score was 9-2 avs

Talk is cheap, and tears are even cheaper. If he is remorseful, why hasn't he told his lawyers to settle with Moore, instead of doing their damnedest to avoid paying anything, even if that would mean paying a little more?

#39 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:09 PM

I say get him. He's what we need.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#40 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE(sibiriak @ February 7, 2007 - 08:09PM) View Post

Talk is cheap, and tears are even cheaper. If he is remorseful, why hasn't he told his lawyers to settle with Moore, instead of doing their damnedest to avoid paying anything, even if that would mean paying a little more?

You can't just pay someone out, it has to go to court which like i said it did, and the COL judge threw it out.. Then moore tried to get it to a canadian trial but that was also denied.. SO most likly he won't see anything from Bert
IPB Image