• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lfd250

We have no power play

Rate this topic

Just got home from the game tonight, great win. However, there is no extra power in the pp. We run our first two lines as normal the only difference is the other team is down a man. Granted we have the best first line in the NHL, but we have one to really make that second line a POWER line.

Guest Crymson

Just got home from the game tonight, great win. However, there is no extra power in the pp. We run our first two lines as normal the only difference is the other team is down a man. Granted we have the best first line in the NHL, but we have one to really make that second line a POWER line.

That line WAS a power line until Homer--Dats--Zetts came online. Did you see the stats they played in the game?

In any case, our power-play is middling (17th)--not great, but certainly not catastrophic unless the perceiver is spoiled.

By the way, do you have any solutions to offer to the problem you perceive, or did you just post to complain?

Nope, just to complain so you could have another post. And that is my point. They are a great line, but they are together all the time pp or no pp. We need a second unit for the power play. And yes I know their stats, take away that line and we are in trouble. As far as solutions, I like yours.

Nope, just to complain so you could have another post. And that is my point. They are a great line, but they are together all the time pp or no pp. We need a second unit for the power play. And yes I know their stats, take away that line and we are in trouble. As far as solutions, I like yours.

ouch,..settle down boys, save it for the other team. Honestly what i've been saying all year is why don't we shoot closer to the net, our powerplay and the way it set up is always get the puck to the D, let them unleash a giant slapper and hopefully someone will connect on a rebound. That worked fine last year but for some reason won't this year,..i propose that instead of cyling to the D men we can cycle to the wings (granted this would be helpful if we actually had one) but to me a shot from 10 feet seems to work better than a shot from 20 feet

ouch,..settle down boys, save it for the other team. Honestly what i've been saying all year is why don't we shoot closer to the net, our powerplay and the way it set up is always get the puck to the D, let them unleash a giant slapper and hopefully someone will connect on a rebound. That worked fine last year but for some reason won't this year,..i propose that instead of cyling to the D men we can cycle to the wings (granted this would be helpful if we actually had one) but to me a shot from 10 feet seems to work better than a shot from 20 feet

I think most teams try to defend against the closer shots. That's why the point shots are always open and why we always take them.

I would like to see what Flip can do on the PP. Stick him with Lang and Cleary for a 5 or 6 game tryout on the PP. It wouldn't disrupt the lines too much anyways as Babs seems to always come back with Draper's line after a PP whether we score or not. I'm all for giving Willy's pp time to someone else though... even Franzen, lol

I think most teams try to defend against the closer shots. That's why the point shots are always open and why we always take them.

yes i'm aware of that, but i'd rather see a powerplay that paitently waits for that opportunity than sends 5 shots that all miss the goalies net by 2 feet. I'm in no way saying we shouldn't take shots from the point, by all means. But i just fail to see why every powerplay shot we have to take begins at the point.

Our power play definitely needs to be tweaked...but it's certainly better than it was in the beginning of the season. I'd be happy if we could get our special teams into the top ten by season's end.

The power play lacks that sniper sitting in the faceoff circle that was vacated when Shanahan signed with the Rangers.

Heck, the Wings have missed a big threat off the wing all season, and that weakness has helped bleed out the PP's effectiveness.

The power play lacks that sniper sitting in the faceoff circle that was vacated when Shanahan signed with the Rangers.

Heck, the Wings have missed a big threat off the wing all season, and that weakness has helped bleed out the PP's effectiveness.

Agreed... Last year our PP was great and our 5 on 5 goals were way down... Now, this year our 5 on 5 goals are up and PP is down....

^^^ They have more goals since December than Joey-T's line in San Jose.

Briere's line has been falling off of late.

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

So currently yeah..... It is the best performing line in the NHL.

How about Tampa, Atlanta, or potentially even Pittsburgh.

The Power Play has been lagging for sure.

PP has been lagging this series.

But I wouldn't discount it just yet.

Great PP all year. Great PP all playoffs long.

Jesus, you guys act like 1 or 2 games defines a team.

Detroit could score 6 out of 6 PP chances game one, but if they go 0-6 in game 2, the threads pop up......."Powerplay sucks now".

So big ****** deal. We've had a few bad games. Pittsburgh IS getting better, that much is pretty clear.

Will Detroit answer? Will Pittsburgh be able to keep it up?

We're at the MOST EXCITING POSSIBLE point in hockey right now.

Stop bitching, and enjoy you're hockey :)