• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Kudos to Zetterberg 100th goal

Rate this topic

Just wanted to make a post for Hank, after his two goal game last night, The guy isn't just your average hockey player he thinks different. After watching the patience with the puck when he skated around the back of the net and waited for Cujo to sweep for it, then roofing the shot upstairs. Awesome goal.

so Congrats Hank and good luck in tonights game against St. Louis.

also should mention Lang and Lebda's awesome play. Both Brett and Bob both had perfect passes til the final shot by lang went in.

Pavel also had a nice open netter, ;)

Awesome game last night

Just wanted to make a post for Hank, after his two goal game last night, The guy isn't just your average hockey player he thinks different. After watching the patience with the puck when he skated around the back of the net and waited for Cujo to sweep for it, then roofing the shot upstairs. Awesome goal.

Congrats to Zetterberg on his 100th career goal and I agre that he isn't just your average hockey player (but no one thought that anyway) and I agree it was a great goal, but I cannot agree with your description of it.

He didn't skate around the back of the net and use great patience to wait for Cujo to sweep at it, he actually lost control of the puck for a second coming around, that's why he didn't get the shot off as quick.

Edited by toby91_ca

Congratulations Zata! You single-handedly bring joy into my life on a regular basis with your skills. It's a pleasure to watch you play and an honor to have you on my favorite team. Please stay in Detroit forever...otherwise I will be forced to shoot you in the foot so you can't play anywhere else. :hehe:

Congrats to Zetterberg on his 100th career goal and I agre that he isn't just your average hockey player (but no one thought that anyway) and I agree it was a great goal, but I cannot agree with your description of it.

He didn't skate around the back of the net and use great patience to wait for Cujo to sweep at it, he actually lost control of the puck for a second coming around, that's why he didn't get the shot off as quick.

Z doesn't quite agree.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../702080456/1053

"Cujo tried to poke-check but I saw that coming, so when he did that, it was an open net," Zetterberg said.

He's usually one of the first to deflect credit for something unintentional or playing it off to just being lucky. He wouldn't mention anticipating the poke-check and reacting if he didn't do precisely that. He may have gone further out with it than intended (making it a slightly longer shot), but I didn''t look like he was trying to shoot much quicker than he did (his body wouldn't have been far enough out to get anything on the shot). Just come more directly in front of the net.

Z doesn't quite agree.

"Cujo tried to poke-check but I saw that coming, so when he did that, it was an open net," Zetterberg said.

He's usually one of the first to deflect credit for something unintentional or playing it off to just being lucky. He wouldn't mention anticipating the poke-check and reacting if he didn't do precisely that. He may have gone further out with it than intended (making it a slightly longer shot), but I didn''t look like he was trying to shoot much quicker than he did (his body wouldn't have been far enough out to get anything on the shot). Just come more directly in front of the net.

Score

NN 1, Toby 0

Z doesn't quite agree.

Is the dude honest or what ???

Z doesn't quite agree.

Have a look at the replay, unless my eyes are not working properly today, it is very clear that he loses control of the puck.

Oh, don't be such a sourpuss, toby. For one, you've got it straight from the horse's mouth: done by design.

If you look at the replay, he takes his stick off the puck as he turns the corner and lets it slide a little bit away from the net before regaining control. He does this because Cujo comes flailing over to that side looking for the pokecheck. The timing is absolutely beautiful; JUST as Joseph slides his stick, Hank dangles the puck away.

Have a look at the replay, unless my eyes are not working properly today, it is very clear that he loses control of the puck.

Looks to me like he let go for a second. I'll get the video on YouTube in a second so we can debate.

I'm thinking his comments about the poke check relate to after he gets control again.

Maybe I am looking at a different video with a different angle. You cannot see what I see from the right side of the rink.

edit: I just had another look at it and slowed it down as much as I could and it actually looks like the puck hits the side of the net on the way around, causing him to lose control.

Edited by toby91_ca

HA!!! I told you. :D

Norris I agree totally thats the way I seen it. But Toby, Zetterberg lost control of the puck alittle bit yes but he was waiting Cujo out, He knew he was going to try and sweep the puck away from him. Cujo is not new to the league either, You can tell Hank wasn''t just going for a wrap around because he didn't cut right to the net he came out infront of the crease alittle ways then fumbled the puck a bit and then roofed it just as Cujo was finnishing the motion with his stick trying to knock it away. It might not have gone exacly to plan but He knew coming around he wasn't going to attempt the wrap around or Cujo would have had his number all day long.