• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

Hasek - The 3rd Defenseman?

Rate this topic

I didn't like it against Nash, I don't like it now... when Doan scored a couple of games ago, he was FALLING DOWN. He never could have gotten that up in the air, all Dom had to do was LAY DOWN.

His judgement has been pretty bad lately. I just hope this isn't an omen of what's yet to come. I trust him, he'll bounce back from a couple of misplays.

And to everyone that says he just wanted a challenge... wasn't it challenging enough already?!

Perhaps a "challenge" to Hasek is seeing only 16-20 shots per game, half of those legitimate scoring chances that he has to stop even when he's cold and has had no work. Perhaps his way of revving up the recently sloppy play in the neutral zone and covering for the normally great defense that hasn't been so great lately, is to play differently, to take more chances, to change it up. Dom hasn't cost the Wings any more goals than the other players who've made unforgivable turnovers, allowed odd man rushes, made bad passes, and kicked or accidentally bounced goals into our own net. To believe that Dom is responsible for goals against the Wings, any more than any other player, is just plain silly. Of course, Dom is expected to be perfect every time out. Anyone who is a long-time fan knows he has little rough patches, like every other player does.

As someone said, with Hasek's level of play and pedigree, I really don't think we should be questioning Hasek's decisions. Babcock, Lidstrom, Lang... they all say he's fine, and seem to have no problem with Dom's play.

Opinions are fine, though. Just don't expect anything to change Hasek's play, unless Hasek decides it should happen. He is still the best chance the Wings have at a Cup, not that he will be able to pull it off alone. The Wings haven't been particularly stellar in the last few games, either. Most of us are not big enough homers to believe the rest of the team has been playing that well, and that Hasek's "mistakes" are costing the team.

I expect all of the Wings to be playing better down the stretch, and that includes Dom.

I don't care if it might be another challenge, as a goalie, keep your rear end in the net. And I don't care if it is Hasek or Greg Goldberg from District-5, we can question whatever players and styles and decisions they make as we see fit, heaven forbid Hasek gets some criticism.

If you didn't question somebody's decision-making in your own business or a job for the company you'd work for even if the decisions have minimial doubt or the company is doing well, probably wouldn't do the company too good to completely maintain a status quo.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I don't care if it might be another challenge, as a goalie, keep your rear end in the net. And I don't care if it is Hasek or Greg Goldberg from District-5, we can question whatever players and styles and decisions they make as we see fit, heaven forbid Hasek gets some criticism.

If you didn't question somebody's decision-making in your own business or a job for the company you'd work for even if the decisions have minimial doubt or the company is doing well, probably wouldn't do the company too good to completely maintain a status quo.

Don't you imagine Babcock and Lids have had a little chat with Dom about this? He'll do the right thing for the team, never fear! :thumbup:

...or this new thing that he's gotten into where he comes out of the net to do the flying death-charge on breakaways....because the latter is not really working anymore....the

LOL... new??!?!?!?!? . go check the '92 stanley cup finals highlights and you'll see him doing that for the hawks against the penguins when belfour got pulled. he's been nutmegging guys for years. he did it with us in 01- '02 (including against carolina in the finals) and all thru his career in buffalo. he's always been a nutmegger and a wanderer. i dont' think at this point in his career it'll ever change.

Edited by Lidstrom Rules

LOL... new??!?!?!?!? . go check the '92 stanley cup finals highlights and you'll see him doing that for the hawks against the penguins when belfour got pulled. he's been nutmegging guys for years. he did it with us in 01- '02 (including against carolina in the finals) and all thru his career in buffalo. he's always been a nutmegger and a wanderer. i dont' think at this point in his career it'll ever change.

nutmegger... I love that term! :P Kinda spicy, like the Goalie. I remember that game. Jagr knew Hasek from playing against him in Czech. When Keenan pulled Belfour and sent Dom in, Jagr reportedly skated to the bench in a panic and said, "We have to beat this guy, we have to!"

Perhaps no one else knew who Hasek was on that bench, but Jagr did. Dom didn't win it back for the Hawks, the game was too far gone when he was sent in, but he made an impression. Literally. :hehe:

nutmegger... I love that term! :P Kinda spicy, like the Goalie. I remember that game. Jagr knew Hasek from playing against him in Czech. When Keenan pulled Belfour and sent Dom in, Jagr reportedly skated to the bench in a panic and said, "We have to beat this guy, we have to!"

Perhaps no one else knew who Hasek was on that bench, but Jagr did. Dom didn't win it back for the Hawks, the game was too far gone when he was sent in, but he made an impression. Literally. :hehe:

The big thing was that he turned Lemieux away every time. I saw an interview with Hasek one of the times that Lemieux retired and he said that was what made buffalo take any interest in him at all for that whole Beauregard, Ruuttu three way deal.

Edited by Lidstrom Rules

Haven't people been watching the games this year...DH does a "death-charge" like every five games or so since the beginning of the year. I have watched and recorded every game this year and it didn't start with the Nash one, nor the one vs. New Jersey. Obviously lately he's done it about five times over two games, which obviously means he's been using it more because it's been working. Now that it has been yielding some goals, he probably won't do it quite as often. He's a smart guy, that's been his thing for his whole career, watching what works and doesn't work and adjusting. However, for the naysayers, it's clear we haven't seen the last "Hasek Death Charge". :!: