• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:31 PM

The only time he actually looked good coming out of the net like that was against Rick Nash, and that's because Nash had his completly down (he was looking back because the pass to him was slow). The first time against St. Louis was horrible, and McClement knew he was coming, but lucky for Hasek he lost the puck. The other times... well, you know the story there. wink.gif

#22 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(ForsbergisaFairy @ February 9, 2007 - 11:05PM) View Post

you should really take a look at some film of dom before this season

I was talking about this season alone.

#23 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

Well, he has racked up 6 Vezina trophys playing like... Dominik Hasek. He knows what he is doing, just chill.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#24 StayStevieStay

StayStevieStay

Rookie

• Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:37 AM

The only times DOM gets me mad is when he lays across the ice and tries to cover the ground 5 seconds before the puck is even shot.

#25 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:18 AM

I also have seen Dom do this throughout his whole career. I'm just wondering why all of a sudden has he started doing it the last 5 or 6 games this season. He went the whole first half of the season without doing it, except for I think the NJ game, and he has been pretty damn good. So why all of a sudden start taking all the risks?

I don't know. Can't really tell someone what to do when they have that mnuch hardware...

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#26 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:34 PM

I didn't like it against Nash, I don't like it now... when Doan scored a couple of games ago, he was FALLING DOWN. He never could have gotten that up in the air, all Dom had to do was LAY DOWN.

His judgement has been pretty bad lately. I just hope this isn't an omen of what's yet to come. I trust him, he'll bounce back from a couple of misplays.

And to everyone that says he just wanted a challenge... wasn't it challenging enough already?!

#27 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:22 PM

Perhaps a "challenge" to Hasek is seeing only 16-20 shots per game, half of those legitimate scoring chances that he has to stop even when he's cold and has had no work. Perhaps his way of revving up the recently sloppy play in the neutral zone and covering for the normally great defense that hasn't been so great lately, is to play differently, to take more chances, to change it up. Dom hasn't cost the Wings any more goals than the other players who've made unforgivable turnovers, allowed odd man rushes, made bad passes, and kicked or accidentally bounced goals into our own net. To believe that Dom is responsible for goals against the Wings, any more than any other player, is just plain silly. Of course, Dom is expected to be perfect every time out. Anyone who is a long-time fan knows he has little rough patches, like every other player does.

As someone said, with Hasek's level of play and pedigree, I really don't think we should be questioning Hasek's decisions. Babcock, Lidstrom, Lang... they all say he's fine, and seem to have no problem with Dom's play.

Opinions are fine, though. Just don't expect anything to change Hasek's play, unless Hasek decides it should happen. He is still the best chance the Wings have at a Cup, not that he will be able to pull it off alone. The Wings haven't been particularly stellar in the last few games, either. Most of us are not big enough homers to believe the rest of the team has been playing that well, and that Hasek's "mistakes" are costing the team.

I expect all of the Wings to be playing better down the stretch, and that includes Dom.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#28 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

I don't care if it might be another challenge, as a goalie, keep your rear end in the net. And I don't care if it is Hasek or Greg Goldberg from District-5, we can question whatever players and styles and decisions they make as we see fit, heaven forbid Hasek gets some criticism.

If you didn't question somebody's decision-making in your own business or a job for the company you'd work for even if the decisions have minimial doubt or the company is doing well, probably wouldn't do the company too good to completely maintain a status quo.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 10 February 2007 - 05:20 PM.

#29 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(SouthernWingsFan @ February 10, 2007 - 04:16PM) View Post

I don't care if it might be another challenge, as a goalie, keep your rear end in the net. And I don't care if it is Hasek or Greg Goldberg from District-5, we can question whatever players and styles and decisions they make as we see fit, heaven forbid Hasek gets some criticism.

If you didn't question somebody's decision-making in your own business or a job for the company you'd work for even if the decisions have minimial doubt or the company is doing well, probably wouldn't do the company too good to completely maintain a status quo.

Don't you imagine Babcock and Lids have had a little chat with Dom about this? He'll do the right thing for the team, never fear! thumbup.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#30 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(Valtteri Filppula @ February 8, 2007 - 03:50PM) View Post

...or this new thing that he's gotten into where he comes out of the net to do the flying death-charge on breakaways....because the latter is not really working anymore....the

LOL... new??!?!?!?!? . go check the '92 stanley cup finals highlights and you'll see him doing that for the hawks against the penguins when belfour got pulled. he's been nutmegging guys for years. he did it with us in 01- '02 (including against carolina in the finals) and all thru his career in buffalo. he's always been a nutmegger and a wanderer. i dont' think at this point in his career it'll ever change.

Edited by Lidstrom Rules, 10 February 2007 - 06:12 PM.

ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#31 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(Lidstrom Rules @ February 10, 2007 - 05:11PM) View Post

LOL... new??!?!?!?!? . go check the '92 stanley cup finals highlights and you'll see him doing that for the hawks against the penguins when belfour got pulled. he's been nutmegging guys for years. he did it with us in 01- '02 (including against carolina in the finals) and all thru his career in buffalo. he's always been a nutmegger and a wanderer. i dont' think at this point in his career it'll ever change.

nutmegger... I love that term! tongue.gif Kinda spicy, like the Goalie. I remember that game. Jagr knew Hasek from playing against him in Czech. When Keenan pulled Belfour and sent Dom in, Jagr reportedly skated to the bench in a panic and said, "We have to beat this guy, we have to!"

Perhaps no one else knew who Hasek was on that bench, but Jagr did. Dom didn't win it back for the Hawks, the game was too far gone when he was sent in, but he made an impression. Literally. hehe.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#32 Lidstrom Rules

Lidstrom Rules

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ February 10, 2007 - 06:32PM) View Post

nutmegger... I love that term! tongue.gif Kinda spicy, like the Goalie. I remember that game. Jagr knew Hasek from playing against him in Czech. When Keenan pulled Belfour and sent Dom in, Jagr reportedly skated to the bench in a panic and said, "We have to beat this guy, we have to!"

Perhaps no one else knew who Hasek was on that bench, but Jagr did. Dom didn't win it back for the Hawks, the game was too far gone when he was sent in, but he made an impression. Literally. hehe.gif

The big thing was that he turned Lemieux away every time. I saw an interview with Hasek one of the times that Lemieux retired and he said that was what made buffalo take any interest in him at all for that whole Beauregard, Ruuttu three way deal.

Edited by Lidstrom Rules, 10 February 2007 - 09:36 PM.

ontariowingsfan is soooooooo my girl
I said, "Even though you know what you know, I know that I'm ready to leave 'cus you're making feel like I've never been born." ~John Lennon

#33 shadow47

shadow47

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:54 PM

Haven't people been watching the games this year...DH does a "death-charge" like every five games or so since the beginning of the year. I have watched and recorded every game this year and it didn't start with the Nash one, nor the one vs. New Jersey. Obviously lately he's done it about five times over two games, which obviously means he's been using it more because it's been working. Now that it has been yielding some goals, he probably won't do it quite as often. He's a smart guy, that's been his thing for his whole career, watching what works and doesn't work and adjusting. However, for the naysayers, it's clear we haven't seen the last "Hasek Death Charge". exclamation.gif
Golman Dominik Hašek povede Eaton HC Pardubice na ligový titul 2009/2010!