31 replies to this topic

#21 Winged Scooter

Winged Scooter

Future NFL Hall-of-Famer!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE(sibiriak @ February 8, 2007 - 11:42PM) View Post

Oh, yes, the dreaded Russian Greed. So much greedier than the Swedish greed, Finnish Greed, Canadian Greed, and the american greed which really isn't greed at all, it's just sound business practice. tongue.gif

Yeah but aren't the Russian players greedy simply because the FEAR THE RUSSIAN MAFIA?? tongue.gif
That being said, I hope they find a way to keep both Zetterberg AND Datsyuk they are crazy-good together!!
"Aw, you cheap sonofab@#$h. Are you crazy? Those guys are RETARDS!!" -- Reggie Dunlop
"I got a good deal on those boys, scout said they showed a lot of promise." -- Joe McGrath
"They brought their F$%&@*# TOYS with them!!" -- RD
"Well, I'd rather have them playing with their toys, than playing with themselves." -- JM

#22 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(WingNutt @ February 9, 2007 - 09:44AM) View Post

I don't want to take anything away from Hank but Why does everyone give him all the credit and say we must do everything to keep him at all cost, and then act like Pavel is disposable ??? Like I said not to take anything away from Hank but he wouldn't be as good without having Pavel around and the same goes for Datsyuk He wouldn't do the same without Hank, They are the EuroTwins and you know what you have to do with Twins right??? Never Seperate them.

It's not a matter of "let's get rid of Pavel." It's more like "if I had to choose I would keep Hank, not Pavel." They are both amazingly skilled players. And yes, they play great together. But Zata's (seeming) ability to bring it every night, along with high praise from coaches around the league, a nod to the All-Star game, consideration for the Selke, maturity and leadership to acquire the "A" all make him a more desirable mainstay in Detroit. See what I'm saying?

#23 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(WingNutt @ February 9, 2007 - 07:44AM) View Post

I don't want to take anything away from Hank but Why does everyone give him all the credit and say we must do everything to keep him at all cost, and then act like Pavel is disposable ??? Like I said not to take anything away from Hank but he wouldn't be as good without having Pavel around and the same goes for Datsyuk He wouldn't do the same without Hank, They are the EuroTwins and you know what you have to do with Twins right??? Never Seperate them.

Because Pavel is a greedy Russian and everyone knows Hank would play for minimum wage just for the honor of being a Red Wing. Duh sly.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#24 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ February 9, 2007 - 01:17PM) View Post

Because Pavel is a greedy Russian and everyone knows Hank would play for minimum wage just for the honor of being a Red Wing. Duh sly.gif

laugh.gif Minimum wage! laugh.gif

I mean, Hank once called me and said, if they don't pay me to play for the Red Wings...I'll pay them to play!

#25 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

I didnt read any of the thread.

But I do have just one question. WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG?

#26 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

zata the next great captain
Posted Image

#27 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(WingNutt @ February 9, 2007 - 05:44AM) View Post

Is Nick Lidstrom greedy?? since he is the highest player on the team?? Nope I wouldn't say so but with your theory one could say so.

Actually, Nick decided to stay in Detroit for the same amount as he was making last year, even though it was widely speculated that he could have gotten the league max somewhere else. So no, I wouldn't call him greedy.

#28 LivingtheDream

LivingtheDream

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

Someone raised an interesting question - Hank or Pavel? Wow, this is intriguing! Perhaps we should ponder this most original thought on making a choice between these two unique players. I know we are all busy, but we should devote a thread to this particular topic. I bet it would lead to some interesting debates!

Someone else brought up Russian greed. Fascinating! I had never heard such a thing. Is there some environmental factor of the tundra that leads to this condition? Perhaps this topic also deserves it's own special thread!

Keep up the good work guys! Such fresh and original web based content is quite rare these days!

Come to think of it. I had an idea. Lilja is a bit of a dissapointment. I'd like to see a lively discussion on his merits as a Wing!

#29 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(LivingtheDream @ February 9, 2007 - 07:52PM) View Post

Someone raised an interesting question - Hank or Pavel? Wow, this is intriguing! Perhaps we should ponder this most original thought on making a choice between these two unique players. I know we are all busy, but we should devote a thread to this particular topic. I bet it would lead to some interesting debates!

Someone else brought up Russian greed. Fascinating! I had never heard such a thing. Is there some environmental factor of the tundra that leads to this condition? Perhaps this topic also deserves it's own special thread!

Keep up the good work guys! Such fresh and original web based content is quite rare these days!

Come to think of it. I had an idea. Lilja is a bit of a dissapointment. I'd like to see a lively discussion on his merits as a Wing!

EDIT: I had to remove that comment b/c I didn't want it miscontrued as rude to LTD b/c he was kind enough to think of me in another thread.

Edited by HenrikRules40, 09 February 2007 - 07:05 PM.

#30 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(LivingtheDream @ February 9, 2007 - 05:52PM) View Post

While we're at it, I'd like a discussion on whether the Wings need toughness.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#31 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ February 9, 2007 - 08:00PM) View Post

While we're at it, I'd like a discussion on whether the Wings need toughness.

And real quick, can we please talk about Lang? Is it just me or is he kind of...what's the word I'm looking for? He's kind of lethargic...doesn't want to work hard...what's the word! And also he sort of is not good, but like bad...but really bad...what's the word?!?!?

Ok I'm done.

#32 ZatasGirl40

ZatasGirl40

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

Zetterberg is definitely top 5 and he's the most selfless player ever. I can't wait for him to be captain one day. biggrin.gif