• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jason_0931

I Hope We Trade Kronwall

Rate this topic

There was an article on Mlive in which it's stated that (the author) suspects Kronner might go in a deal for forsberg. I think that's ridiculous, cause you'd get alot more from Edmonton, who desprately wants a puck moving Dman. Kronner looked like crap last night, by far the worst dman, and probably the worst on the ice. But that's only one game, that's not how it is night in and night out. I think he's a good player, but has shown nothing to even come close to earning the contract he got. Gamble by managment is an understatement. I couldn't believe it when I heard it, more so the length but the price is too much also. I wouldn't mind him being dealt, depending on return. And it's alot easier to deal a young guy like him who's under contract, than if he was a FA. But to be open to the other side of the arguement, many Wings fans wanted Lids traded early on too.

When I say upside I mean potential. Lebda I think is more consistent defensively, he seems to know when to join the rush and he has phenomenal speed. He doesn̢۪t make poor decisions in his own zone and he doesn̢۪t pinch when he should retreat to a defensive posture.

Does that answer your question?

I don't believe this to be true.

Also, Lebda has made his share of mistakes as well.

There was an article on Mlive in which it's stated that (the author) suspects Kronner might go in a deal for forsberg. I think that's ridiculous, cause you'd get alot more from Edmonton, who desprately wants a puck moving Dman. Kronner looked like crap last night, by far the worst dman, and probably the worst on the ice. But that's only one game, that's not how it is night in and night out. I think he's a good player, but has shown nothing to even come close to earning the contract he got. Gamble by managment is an understatement. I couldn't believe it when I heard it, more so the length but the price is too much also. I wouldn't mind him being dealt, depending on return. And it's alot easier to deal a young guy like him who's under contract, than if he was a FA. But to be open to the other side of the arguement, many Wings fans wanted Lids traded early on too.

Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard! Yeah, lets ship out a Dman that is going to be a major factor of our defense in 3 years for a quick rental player thats a UFA next season.

Funny nonetheless!

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard! Yeah, lets ship out a Dman that is going to be a major factor of our defense in 3 years for a quick rental player thats a UFA next season.

Funny nonetheless!

Yeah, I said I thought it was pretty ridiculous myself. I don't know how to do links, but here it is (from Mlive)......

"Gormley is DEFINITELY dreaming:

A similar Swedish connection makes Detroit a popular destination. Two of the Red Wings' top four scorers, defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom and left wing Tomas Holmstrom, are from Sweden and there is talk the Red Wings would part with defenseman Andreas Lilja or perhaps Niklas Kronvall in exchange for Forsberg.

But is there fire where there's smoke?"

Maybe if Pitkenen (sp) came back the other way also. :D

Yeah, I said I thought it was pretty ridiculous myself. I don't know how to do links, but here it is (from Mlive)......

A similar Swedish connection makes Detroit a popular destination. Two of the Red Wings' top four scorers, defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom and left wing Tomas Holmstrom, are from Sweden and there is talk the Red Wings would part with defenseman Andreas Lilja or perhaps Niklas Kronvall in exchange for Forsberg.

lilja for forsberg... hmm... wait, let me think

Lilja or Kronwall???? :rotflmao:

Talk about Rags or Riches!

Funniest sh*t I've heard all week!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I am suprised that someone says Kronwall has been playing his best hockey while Schneider was out. I thought he looked his worst. To me he doesn't jsut give up the puck occasionally, but often and when he is the last defenseman. Lebda will play in more situations later this year and next. Remember Kronwall has had an opportunity for 4 years, and due to injury's has not played 100 games. Lebda, on the other hand, has played nearly 5 more games and looks much better.

While I agree that Kronwall hasn't been "special", his game has been solid. Also, remember top flight defenseman are now earning 7-8 million so his contract isn't that out of whack with his game.

Also, I would avoid making a rash decision on a kid that hasn't played more than a 100 games. Defensemen take longer to develop than forwards.

I am suprised that someone says Kronwall has been playing his best hockey while Schneider was out. I thought he looked his worst.

I'm not sure you know what the words 'best' and 'worst' mean then, because it was blatantly obvious he had his best games with Schneider out.

Lilja or Kronwwall???? :rotflmao:

Talk about Rags or Riches!

Funniest sh*t I've heard all week!

I'm going to lunch, so if anyone responds to me, I'll get back to you in an hour.

Cheers

Yeah, they go on to rip on the guy a bit later on in the article also. While Kronner is a better player for sure, I don't believe Lilja to be as bad as everyone makes him out to be. If you liked this one, I'm sure you'll like the speculation by Eklund of a Hatcher return. Or how can we forget the famous "Z for Belfour" of last year.

Well Lebda has 3 goals and 13 points and a +8 shooting percentage of 4.1. Kronwall has 1 goal and 16 points and a +1 and a shooting percentage of 1.4. You tell me who is better and sounder defensively and has better offensive capability!

I agree that Kronwall does have his moments where he looks out of place. But he is ususally good with the puck and can make some good passes. He is also, besides Markov, the only person on the team who actually hits people. In time he may be our best d-man.

I hate Jackman.

I do too. Not for the Calder thing so much, but because he plays with an edge and just makes you so angry at him with all the pushing and facewashing after the whistle. I think a lot of teams and players around the league hate him. How many players on the Wings are hated by other teams? Maltby? He's pretty insignificant these days. Chelios? Maybe for the way he played in the past but probably not too much today.

Yeah, we should have someone like that.

I am suprised that someone says Kronwall has been playing his best hockey while Schneider was out. I thought he looked his worst. To me he doesn't jsut give up the puck occasionally, but often and when he is the last defenseman. Lebda will play in more situations later this year and next. Remember Kronwall has had an opportunity for 4 years, and due to injury's has not played 100 games. Lebda, on the other hand, has played nearly 5 more games and looks much better.

Exactly, there isn't enough to judge him on just yet. However, he has a ton of potential. The Wings organization has taken a gamble, and we'll all have to wait and see if it pays off. Simple as that.