• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jason_0931

I Hope We Trade Kronwall

Rate this topic

I think Kronwall's bad play recently could be related to him having to wear the cage, which is certainly not a great excuse, but probably does affect his passing. That's why I think maybe he's been carrying the puck too much, in order to avoid getting picked off by someone he can't see in his peripheral. In any case, Kronwall should probably be considered a more defensive style D-man and why Babcock still has him on the PP I can't figure out. I'm willing to give him a few more years to really develop, as development is on an individual basis and you can't say just because Lebda improved his game that Kronwall should do it in the same amount of time. And if things don't pan out, I'm sure some team would want him in a trade down the road.

5 years is a long time to gamble in the new NHL! When is the last time we made a trade or signed an important UFA. Gambling in today's NHL is not practical.

The same could be said to the contrary. Teams *HAVE* to gamble in order to put a truly competitive team (that could win it all) on the ice.

Edit: Clarity

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I have to agree with NFM25

Gambling in the new NHL is probably needed. Think of what would happen if the Wings signed Zetterberg to a 1-2 year deal. His price would be going up after this season. Instead, the Wings keep him at a steal of a price for two more years.

Same with Kronwall, what if he blows up next season and has a huge year? He's still under contract for a reasonable price.

Obviously, he could turn out to be a bust. That's why it's a gamble. But I think with Kronwall and his potential, the good outweights the bad.

Anyone else thinks the fullvisor is in the way for Kronwall? Ive noticed it myself, that its sometimes alittle bit more difficult to handle the puck with the visor covering the chin.

--------

haha a fuse broke.. i got it fixed.. and when i posted it again it was already said....

Anyway... like someone already said, he only has below 100 games in total. He needs more games! Also its important in my opinion to let him make a few mistakes, he will never reach his potential in an enviroment where doesnt get to play his game with hits and creativity.

Edited by Lilja

Kronwall's contract is like it for a few reasons.

1) Length, 5 years is a good commitment that you want to be with the organization and Holland/Illich are big on loyalty. If he were on a team like Nashville who has loads of defensive prospects, his deal wouldn't be anything like this.

2) Lack of defensemen with top 2 potential, the only other defensemen we have that actually has that potential is Kindl. Ericsson, Quincey, Lebda ect.. will be decent defensemen and will help this team, but Lebda is not going to be a go-to guy in his career, but thats OK.

3) Obviously in the Datsyuk talk this gets shut down, but his international and AHL accomplishments. You cannot sit here and tell me you don't see all of the moves he has, all of the chances he creates. They'll go in eventually, but you can't hang your hat on that right now.

Kronwall is too important to this organization right now to be traded.

Edited by Heaton

At this very moment is Kronner worth 3 million a season over the next 5 seasons...no...

At the same time I agree that you have to take gambles in the new NHL if you are going to succeed. Kronner could have great seasons in the next 3 years with his potential, former AHL Eddie SHore (outstanding D-man) award, and he won MVP and Best defender in the 2006 Worlds.

If Kronwall becomes half the player he could be he is worth 3 million a season, and if he lives up to his potential we have a great deal on him at 3 million a season as our cap hit.

Good risk and if it doen't pay off it shouldn't be too bad. At least it isn't like the gamble the Isles took on DiPietro.

I vote defiinatly not to trade him.

Edited by russianswede919293

Don't you think the number of years that passes is just as important as games played! He has 4 years to prove himself and only 90 some games during that time. Now we have another 3 1/2 years to hope he becomes a goal scoring defensive phenom like Lids. Given what he has shown not likely. So trade him when he has equity! I am not saying rent a player for the playoffs, but look to get another young player in the mix (a power forard type we all know the wings need to win).

Anyone else thinks the fullvisor is in the way for Kronwall? Ive noticed it myself, that its sometimes alittle bit more difficult to handle the puck with the visor covering the chin.

--------

haha a fuse broke.. i got it fixed.. and when i posted it again it was already said....

Anyway... like someone already said, he only has below 100 games in total. He needs more games! Also its important in my opinion to let him make a few mistakes, he will never reach his potential in an enviroment where doesnt get to play his game with hits and creativity.

You chose Lilja as your alias? :ph34r:

having to gambe is a fair arguement, but how long do we gamble?

Somebody get Mrs. Gretzky on the phone...stat.

I like Kronwall I don't think that the "little Nick" thing is appropriate but I never think that those little phrases that the broadcasters use are, the "euro twins" :thumbdown: For instance Stupid! but I digress, Kronwall is a good defenseman he can throw the big :siren: CLEAN :siren: open ice hits like no one else on the Red Wings and granted that he made some lazy passes last night but so did everyone else :!: but everyone has a bad night. I think if the wings trade anyone they should go Langfeld, McDonald, and Williams and see if they cant get a decent young goalie, one who can win an NHL game. With Hasek having the groin problems and the age and Osgood having a perpetually broken hand I dont think we have enough time to ease McDonald in to being a starting goalie. Not and make the playoffs next year anyways.

But is this necessarily a risk?

What other players could we get for the same cash? Players that are already playing at a high level and have a bright future? It just seems we have a lot of money sunk into a player that isn't performing as well as expected with a couple of questions about his future.

honestly, all anyone ever does is praise this guy. the whole red wing club, most these boards.....usually only praise him. I have yet to see him to anything worth praising. He can't score, and he plays "average" defense at best (though I'd still take him WAY over Lilja). When this guy was injured for most of last season, everyone was saying, "oh, if only we had Kronwall". Yea....right....I can see how big of a difference he makes on the ice..... <_<

I am really not a big fan of Kronwall. He is not good defensively and I have yet to see his offensive side everyone has been so high on and I can't stand when people call him little Nick. He is no where near Lidstrom's skill level.

What does everyone else think of Kronwall? Trade or No Trade?

You Silly Wabbit!!

But is this necessarily a risk?

What other players could we get for the same cash? Players that are already playing at a high level and have a bright future? It just seems we have a lot of money sunk into a player that isn't performing as well as expected with a couple of questions about his future.

If you can name any high level defensive prospects the Wings could have signed, I'm all ears.

Anyone who is Kronwall's age and has his potential is going to either be locked up by another team or at the very best, be a RFA.

If you can name any high level defensive prospects the Wings could have signed, I'm all ears.

Well said - the fact is they don't exist, because no team is eager to trade a top-notch defensive prospect, because they are too hard to come by.

If Holland were seriously interested in dealing Kronwall, he'd probably get a call from just about any GM looking to dump players at the deadline (and probably some who weren't).

Niklas Kronwall

Assets:

Skates well and is usually in sound defensive position. Has a wealth of offensive potential. Hits anybody that moves.

Flaws:

Must prove capable of handling big power forwards in front of the net. His lack of size has already led to a myriad of injury woes.

Career potential:

Top four defenseman.