• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jason_0931

I Hope We Trade Kronwall

Rate this topic

He does have offensive upside, and being capable of joining the rush is a big part of that. I don't get how he's disappointed you physically. He's thrown some big hits at big guys this year. It's too early to say whether his contract was a mistake, but just because he doesnt live up to your expectations (which apparently come from TSN's scouting reports) doesn't mean he wont end up being a top pairing guy.

offensive upside - not in the NHL

physically - well he's shown to be injury prone, 5 years in today's NHL is a long time, one day he 'may' be playing above his contract, the problem is he isn't now and is overpaid. If we were overpaying Hudler, Cleary, Flipper alot of people would be very upset but it's ok with Kronwall?

my expectation do not come from TSN, like I said before, everyone knows he was tearing up the AHL and showed tremendous offensive upside while there among the hitting ability. Everyone knows he was the only non-NHL'er on team Sweden. Everyone had high hopes for him and that's why he's been a disappointment. They didn't draft him in the first round because he was scouted as a good stay-at-home d-man who makes solid decisions with the puck and was expected to chip in the occational goal every now and then. The fact that he hasn't done it in the NHL is disappointing.

I agree he could end up a top pairing guy but the longer he doesn't live up to his billing 'at the NHL level' the longer he's overpaid.

I don't want him traded, (I never once said this in any of my posts) and want him to play the type of hockey at the NHL level that he's shown in Sweden, AHL etc.

So you'd rather have a guy like Lilja or one of the minor-leaguers have more playing time than Kronwall? :rotflmao:

hellllll no. I think liljas even more worthless than kronwall. i just think he needs to step up his game majorly.

hellllll no. I think liljas even more worthless than kronwall. i just think he needs to step up his game majorly.

Oh ok, but not until we trade him?... I don't get where you stand.

He's making less than 2 million a year (for now) and is playing at that level. If you give him time, he'll come around. What is it with Detroit fans and wanting big results immediately? Have some patience.

I have yet to chime in on this one, but here's my piece: Kronwall, for the hype, has been a minor disappointment. He's not a bust, but he's not playing like a first rounder. And he's 26, which means he's rapidly leaving the time of his career where he can be expected to be going through growing pains.

The Wings have no shortage of defensemen, but are hurting at forward, and are very likely to get even worse in that respect since Datsyuk is likely to leave. Langfeld's not the answer to anything, he's just a younger Mark Mowers. The Wings have three defensemen that can step up to the plate next year, in Quincey, Meech, and Ericsson, and another that the brass thinks can challenge for a spot: Kindl. What this all adds up to is that Kronwall is PRIME trade fodder during the summer, in order to bring in a forward. Think along the lines of to Ottawa for Mike Fisher. I think, if Datsyuk is lost, Holland would be looking into that as a possibility.

Yeah he's definately not going anywhere but he has tremendous potential, just give him some time and he will be fine. And the offensive skill is there, since you haven't seen it doesn't mean it isn't there buddy, he just needs some time to develop. He no Lidstrom but his influence will definately help his growth. No trade because he will develop into a great D and nobody will give him 3 mil a year...not yet at least.

The Wings have three defensemen that can step up to the plate next year, in Quincey, Meech, and Ericsson, and another that the brass thinks can challenge for a spot: Kindl. What this all adds up to is that Kronwall is PRIME trade fodder during the summer, in order to bring in a forward. Think along the lines of to Ottawa for Mike Fisher. I think, if Datsyuk is lost, Holland would be looking into that as a possibility.

Kronwall isn't going anywhere. The Wings have some promising defensemen but Kronwall and Kindl are the only two who project to be offensive minded guys. Quincey, Meech, and Ericsson are all more physical stay-at-home guys. I also really doubt Meech will ever be a top-four guy in the NHL.

Kronwall isn't going anywhere. The Wings have some promising defensemen but Kronwall and Kindl are the only two who project to be offensive minded guys. Quincey, Meech, and Ericsson are all more physical stay-at-home guys. I also really doubt Meech will ever be a top-four guy in the NHL.

I don't think Quincey will, either. But the Wings don't need six top-four defensemen. Lebda can also provide a little offense from the blue line. They'll need scoring forwards if Datsyuk leaves, though, and you trade from strength to fill weakness. Kronwall is the one guy they have that can bring in scoring help from the second line or better. Sure, Lidstrom, Schneider, and Chelios won't be around forever, but the Wings can't spend all of next summer trying to build for 2010.

I don't think Quincey will, either. But the Wings don't need six top-four defensemen. Lebda can also provide a little offense from the blue line. They'll need scoring forwards if Datsyuk leaves, though, and you trade from strength to fill weakness. Kronwall is the one guy they have that can bring in scoring help from the second line or better. Sure, Lidstrom, Schneider, and Chelios won't be around forever, but the Wings can't spend all of next summer trying to build for 2010.

Lebda doesn't look to be a top four guy in my crystal ball. Great speed, adequate defensive awareness, not really much going on in the other end. If Datsyuk leaves you can bet the Wings will take a run at some UFAs to fill the gap, rather than trade the guy they gave a five year deal to.