• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan4life19

Holland "eyeing" four players

Rate this topic

I'm not sure of the credibility of Andy Strickland. However, he does make a good point about Guerin. Just another post to get everyone talking :lol:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5357

The Wings are frontrunners for Forsberg along with Anaheim, San Jose and Vancouver:

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

I would rather see Doan here than anyone. He's gritty, not afriad for garbage goals, and alos has a nice shot.

I would rather see Doan here than anyone. He's gritty, not afriad for garbage goals, and alos has a nice shot.

I've never really seen Doan do anything gritty, He is a big scoring winger. Not a tough physical gritty one.

Anyway, doesn't matter he won't be going anywhere...

Actually I trust more of what Andy Strickland has to say then Eklund. Andy may be a Blues homer, but at least he knows what he's talking about.

The comment regarding Bill Guerin is interesting to note: I can't really imagine him and Chelios playing together right now after the lawsuits. If it is anyone from the Blues though, please be Guerin and not fatty Tkachuk.

Actually Forsberg makes the least sense, when you consider Detroit's needs. He's a centre. He's not a power forward. He's injury prone. Unfortunately, he's probably the one drawing most attention from Holland. Holland should focus on Bertuzzi instead.

Actually Forsberg makes the least sense, when you consider Detroit's needs. He's a centre. He's not a power forward. He's injury prone. Unfortunately, he's probably the one drawing most attention from Holland. Holland should focus on Bertuzzi instead.

Forsberg CAN hit though. He isn't the soft player that people put him out to be, it's just people think that because he's injury prone. Having a healthy Forsberg can only benefit the team, center or not.

Forsberg CAN hit though. He isn't the soft player that people put him out to be, it's just people think that because he's injury prone. Having a healthy Forsberg can only benefit the team, center or not.

well the PROBLEM is that he's never healthy

i dont think forsberg would work.. hes hurt to often, and passes to much to be a scorer. thats our problem right now is that we have too many passers and role players and no one that can light the lamp consistently. plus i think zetterberg is a better, cheaper, younger version of forsberg in a way so why get a player that is injury ridden and a history of it when you coudl get someone liek guerin or bertuzzi who are mor of a goal scorer with grit. i hate these rumors about forsberg. if we got him i think it would be a bad move for what were going for.

Sure Forsberg can hit, he can take a hit too. He can go through a brick wall if he has to, but he's not an intimidating force and he is no power forward. Bertuzzi is a better fit and he'd come cheaper.

Sure Forsberg can hit, he can take a hit too. He can go through a brick wall if he has to, but he's not an intimidating force and he is no power forward. Bertuzzi is a better fit and he'd come cheaper.

Forsberg is definitely a power forward.

i dont consider forsberg a power forward. he can pass good and is good on his skates.. but bertuzzi i think would fit a lot better and run ya cheaper in the long run. wed have to give up a decent amout for forsberg unlike bert. go with bert

I just saw this on Tsn.ca

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195617&hubname=

Do we still go after Bertuzzi, even if he doesn't play before the deadline. he has 7 points in 7 games, but it can be a different player when he has a bad back.

I' ve also heard rumours of Jason Blake being available. I would rather rent him than Bert. Blake has a strong forecheck, lots of energy, great hands and a scoring touch(27 goals). What does everyone think?

maybe but i think were lookign for gritnot another guy bout the size of hudelr who skates better and a better touch round the net. but bert will come cheaper and im sure more refreshed then forsberg or anyone and wil have that extra energy to drive this club and maybe go after guerin depending on what they want for him.. stick to guerin and bert and see who is cheaper to get

Edited by metalwinger_13

No way.

If I was going to take a guess I'd say that one of your defintions for a power forward is that the player has to fight, correct? Because Forsberg does, or did do everything else that a power forward does to be labeled a power forward.

He's mean, he uses his body, he's hard to knock off the puck, he has a mean streak, he'll hit you and won't back down ect...

Edited by Heaton

If I was going to take a guess I'd say that one of your defintions for a power forward is that the player has to fight, correct? Because Forsberg does, or did do everything else that a power forward does to be labeled a power forward.

He's mean, he uses his body, he's hard to knock off the puck, he has a mean streak, he'll hit you and won't back down ect...

Forsberg is a power forward to the same degree that Sergei Fedorov, Alexei Yashin, Robert Lang, or Jaromir Jagr are power forwards.

Big, strong guys who are good with the puck and can score. None of the above is a power forward.

Forsberg is a power forward to the same degree that Sergei Fedorov, Alexei Yashin, Robert Lang, or Jaromir Jagr are power forwards.

Big, strong guys who are good with the puck and can score. None of the above is a power forward.

No. Forsberg lays guys out. None of the above do so like Forsberg.

Ok everyone again im new to the boards but lets just put it this way, who ever we get is gonna make us a contender regardless of the point. s*** last year who did we get Cory fricken Cross. This year look at the names, Forsberg, Bert, Guerin, Thakchuk or however you spell it. Face it I will take any of them except maybe Keith he has grey hair. I would love to see Bertuzzi here myself, but with a healthy forsberg, listen to the line Forsberg-Datsyuk-Zetterberg, boy that has real nice ring to it. But overall I feel Bertuzzi brings us what we need. Its like Christmas all over again except this time im not recving a field and stream hat with a hunting knife :P Bring on the Preds and the new look Flames. Hockeytown in 07. Peace

-Nick

No. Forsberg lays guys out. None of the above do so like Forsberg.

According to NHL.com

Forsberg has 45 hits in 38 games.

Fedorov has 43 in 46.

I can recall being more impressed by hits laid by Fedorov than by any Forsberg laid on a guy.

Also of note: Dan Cleary has hit as many times as Bill Guerin, and less than Kris Draper...

According to NHL.com

Forsberg has 45 hits in 38 games.

Fedorov has 43 in 46.

I can recall being more impressed by hits laid by Fedorov than by any Forsberg laid on a guy.

Also of note: Dan Cleary has hit as many times as Bill Guerin, and less than Kris Draper...

Odd that you of all people should bring stats into this argument.

As for the Forsberg/Fedorov comparison, that's laughable.

Definitely. A power forward stands up for himself and his team. Dropping the gloves is an important part of this. It always has been. Edited by RyanBarnes!

I agree with Barnes! You dont have to fight 10 times a year, but imo you do have to be a willing guy at least to be considered a power forward in my book.