• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CenterIce

Lidstrom doesn't like current schedule format

Rate this topic

Messier just didn't know when to quit... I hope Lidstrom realizes when he can no longer play at a high level. Or rather, when he does not contribute more to the team than another guy in the system could match.

He hasn't worn his body out yet, and his game is based more on smarts than big hits and turnovers. We shouldn't be worrying about this yet.

And I couldn't agree more about the schedule.

I hope so, i want Lids to end his career here with the wings

... just not yet.

To retire at thirty-eight would be a damn shame. And considering his style of play that people wisely mention... physically he could easily pass through his early forties, I think. Nick's a steady all-around player, I don't see age pulling him down much.

He just glides and works out there.

However, him retiring wouldn't be as much about his body, I figure. He was considering relocating to Sweden's leagues for his family's sake a few years ago, wasn't he? If he does end it after next year, I get the impression it might be due to the personal life stuff more than anything. I feel that would be too early... however, this is and always will be just a game, after all.

However, him retiring wouldn't be as much about his body, I figure. He was considering relocating to Sweden's leagues for his family's sake a few years ago, wasn't he? If he does end it after next year, I get the impression it might be due to the personal life stuff more than anything. I feel that would be too early... however, this is and always will be just a game, after all.

The Red Wings fan in me wants him to remain a Wing as long as possible obviously, but if he wants to move back to Sweden sooner, I will hold no ill-will towards him, nor should any other Wings fans. He's been one of the best Wings players for years and he's been a professional and has done nothing shady. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go back there sooner rather than later, it's home and familiarity for him.

The Red Wings fan in me wants him to remain a Wing as long as possible obviously, but if he wants to move back to Sweden sooner, I will hold no ill-will towards him, nor should any other Wings fans. He's been one of the best Wings players for years and he's been a professional and has done nothing shady. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go back there sooner rather than later, it's home and familiarity for him.

I hear you...I really do.

But I was reading an article a few months ago and they were talking to Hank and said something to the effect of, it must be nice to have so many Swedes around to help you...like Lidstrom. And Hank goes, who Nick...nah he's American.

Plus his kids were all born here. That being said, if he leaves I will still love him and also hold no ill will towards him.

I hear you...I really do.

But I was reading an article a few months ago and they were talking to Hank and said something to the effect of, it must be nice to have so many Swedes around to help you...like Lidstrom. And Hank goes, who Nick...nah he's American.

Plus his kids were all born here. That being said, if he leaves I will still love him and also hold no ill will towards him.

He's gotta be my second favorite all-time.

Lidstrom is smart not only on the ice, but also off the ice.

By the way, is there anyone except Bettmann & Co. who like the current schedule format?

By the way, is there anyone except Bettmann & Co. who like the current schedule format?

Apparantly Nashville ownership does. They were one of the teams that voted against the schedule change at the owners meetings.

Can't blame them. If I lived there I'd want to see Detroit come to town 4 times a year too.

Apparantly Nashville ownership does. They were one of the teams that voted against the schedule change at the owners meetings.

Can't blame them. If I lived there I'd want to see Detroit come to town 4 times a year too.

Exactly. Expansion teams want to have the division teams play each other a lot because division rivalries will bring the people to the games.

However, I totally agree with Lidstrom.