• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Hasek out with inflamation in his wrist

Rate this topic

Good chance for Joey to prove he can play in the NHL. I just hope he can keep us in contention of the Central Division.

I think Howard will get a look, to see how far he is away from full time.

Ok...who has voodoo dolls of the Detroit goalies? Huh? HUH? Some Nashville fan is getting a kick out of this. Come to think of it, you know who I haven't seen around here in a while? Legionnaire! Mmhmm...coincidence? I think not.

I didn't expect to see Dom back in nets until Dallas anyway. He'll be fine by then, knowing him. Is Ozzie ever coming back? :(

I think the guys will play better for Joey Mac tomorrow, since it could hardly be worse than the last game... hoping to see him get his (well-deserved) first win! I wouldn't be surprised to see Mac play back to backs, depending on what happens with the Calgary game. I kind of hope he does get to play again on Monday.

:thumbup:

I find it slightly funny that everyone was so worried about Hasek's health at the start of the year and Osgood has been the one thats been out almost all season with injuries.

Ironic, at least. Hasek was supposed to be the fragile one, and he's been a horse. :cool:

Guest micah

I think we all expected the Hasek injurries would have started way earlier, that he made it this far into the season playing this well is something we should be thankful for. Hopefully he'll recover quickly and be a "horse" for the rest of the year....but I think that that's about as likely as him deciding to quit dropping his stick or start acting, well, not crazy. I really hope this is an isolated thing, but for some reason I just dread this becoming the beginning of a streak of streaky play and constant injurry woes for the old guy. I hope I'm wrong.

Ironic, at least. Hasek was supposed to be the fragile one, and he's been a horse. :cool:

Horse? (Must repress dirty thoughts!) You're right Loo... :P

I'm glad Hasek has been as good as he has been. Solid, to say the least. I can say with excessive confidence that we wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the league this year without him. (Before anyone disagrees with me...shut up b/c I'm right.)

(Before anyone disagrees with me...shut up b/c I'm right.)

I just wish people would start recognizing that as a logical argument. It'd make things so much easier, right HR? right! I'm so glad you agree.

On goaltending, this isn't a test for Joey Mac only, because after Tuesday night's outing against St. Louis I'm thinking it ought'a be a test for the guys to play good in front of him. I loved his play Tuesday night, and when I say loved I mean loved. To the point of tip-toeing the line between "yeah I'm a man *burp* you did great" love and "Joey D, will you - will you - will you - marry me?" love. Yeah, like that.

Edited by Flip-check

Guest Crymson

Atleast it isn't his groin.

Groin injuries and tendinitis of the wrist are likely the two most common hockey injuries.

Groin injuries stem from the body's full weight resting on two small blades--the groin was meant to be supported by two wide feet, as this is necessary for humans to walk upright.

Tendinitis of the wrist is the product of repeated stress from repeated need to accurately aim a stick at a small object, plus the force that results. For goalies, it stems from glove saves and stick saves.

So Dom and Ozzie are both out? Who's going to be backing up Joey Mac? Howard? Oy this is getting craaazay.

And why are they now saying Ozzie ISN'T close to returning when just two days ago they said he would start against Philly?

I've noticed that 'day to day' injuries are bs. It's more like week to week or a month.

I just wish people would start recognizing that as a logical argument. It'd make things so much easier, right HR? right! I'm so glad you agree.

On goaltending, this isn't a test for Joey Mac only, because after Tuesday night's outing against St. Louis I'm thinking it ought'a be a test for the guys to play good in front of him. I loved his play Tuesday night, and when I say loved I mean loved. To the point of tip-toeing the line between "yeah I'm a man *burp* you did great" love and "Joey D, will you - will you - will you - marry me?" love. Yeah, like that.

I'm liking you more every day. First the avatar, then agreeing with my inane logic, and now admitting man love for Joey Mac? You're aces in my book.

I'm actually excited to see how THE MAC work it tomorrow and Monday. He really did have a fine game in St. Louis. It's time for the rest of the boys to step it up with that defense minded, allowing minimal shots by the opposition, puck possession play that I have grown accustomed to.

Ouch, first Osgood with his broken finger/hand, and now Hasek with his wrist.

Maybe they (seperately ;)) have been watching too much __________ privately in their own rooms and using their..... (stops joke) :lol:

:lol:

:yowza:

silly boy!

Hope they are both back in the next week or so. Wouldn't that be nice?

Guest Crymson

So Dom and Ozzie are both out? Who's going to be backing up Joey Mac? Howard? Oy this is getting craaazay.

And why are they now saying Ozzie ISN'T close to returning when just two days ago they said he would start against Philly?

I've noticed that 'day to day' injuries are bs. It's more like week to week or a month.

Day-to-day means unsure of duration.

Geet `er done Joe Mac! :clap:

I hope this won`t be like the time when Hasek was out (groin) and CUJO had a hurt ankle and there was a bit of worry with goaltending. I think Legace had to fill in ???

Edited by Zetter is Better

Let's just pray this doesn't turn into one of those crazy "Hasek Injuries" where 2 days, turns into 2 weeks, that turns into 2 months, that turns into the rest of the year.

Let's hope people don't over-react and make assumptions about a minor injury turning into a season-ending disaster.

:rolleyes:

Let's change your "Champion Forever" to "Hasekian Voice of Reason" por favor. Yes? I think so.

I'm liking you more every day. First the avatar, then agreeing with my inane logic, and now admitting man love for Joey Mac? You're aces in my book.

I'm actually excited to see how THE MAC work it tomorrow and Monday. He really did have a fine game in St. Louis. It's time for the rest of the boys to step it up with that defense minded, allowing minimal shots by the opposition, puck possession play that I have grown accustomed to.

I aim to be awesome. And me also. I haven't seen Calgary or Philly this year so I don't know what to expect from them for MacD, so we'll see what he has to face off with. I just want to see him do well, probably because it's easy to sympathize with someone "trying to make it into the big time" like he is. =D

oh, and HR40? I kind of dig you too. Don't let it go to your head though! ;)

Edited by Flip-check

I have ALL the confidence in the world of Joe Mac. I mean, if it weren't for Chelios scoring an own goal, we might still be shooting it out down in StL.

So long as we don't get into a Los Angeles Kings goalie problem (they had to bring up Barry Brust, Yutaka Fukufuji, and sign Sean Burke from an announcing position) we should be fine.