• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ben_usmc

Maltby

Rate this topic

I advocate getting rid of Williams over Maltby. While Maltby's checks aren't earth shattering, at least he's still doing that. Williams doesn't do anything. He doesn't score, hit, fight. Nothing. Next to Lilja he is probably the most useless player on the team. He serves no purpose other than stealing ice time from Hudler and Filppula.

I agree, Williams is relied on as a point producer (more or less) and he's not doing that. Last season was pretty promising since he had 21 goals & 58 points but he's not gonna get even close to that this season. :thumbdown:

It's a shame because he also had a great 04-05 season here in Finland when he was among league leaders in scoring and really seemed to be rounding out his game.

Still pretty well done for an undrafted player but he's not fulfilling the role that was planned for him in Detroit. :(

Lol, I wasn' t saying get rid of Cleary, all I was stating was I personally don't have any opnion on him one way or another, like I do with Dats, Zett, etc, thats all. I just am indifferent to losing or gaining any of those players even Maltby. I was just simply stating it seems that he is playing with a lot more grit lately.

His future he is set in stone if he is willing to play for $750,000/ year.

He is absolutely not worth even 750,000....with a plus/minus in the negatives ON THE RED WINGS and about 5 points all year how do you figure. He going to be gone (hopefully) so they can get Filppula or Kopecky some experience and develop. Im not a Maltby hater, he simply has done nothing this season and needs to go.

I'm also on the side of not bringing Maltby back. I have nothing negative to say about the guy. I'm a huge fan of his, but his career is winding down, and it's time to give his ice time to someone else. It something that happens to every NHL player who's career is coming to an end.

I appreciate everything Kirk did in a Wings jersey, I hope he can have one last hurrah in Detroit before the season is over.

Guest Crymson

I'm also on the side of not bringing Maltby back. I have nothing negative to say about the guy. I'm a huge fan of his, but his career is winding down, and it's time to give his ice time to someone else. It something that happens to every NHL player who's career is coming to an end.

I appreciate everything Kirk did in a Wings jersey, I hope he can have one last hurrah in Detroit before the season is over.

Good call.

Good call.

Thanks.

I think sometimes guys winding down their career get ripped to much by the fans a media. Every player slows down. When you think of guys like Draper, Maltby, McCarty, Shanny, Yzerman, Chelios, Osgood, etc. really all you can say to those guys when their times came or going to come is, "Thanks for the Memories".

I dont think Shanny has totally slowed dwn eyt , Chelios nor Draper has lsot a beat either , I agree with the others , but 34 points at 41 for stevie last eyar wasent bad considering he was playing the 3rd/4th lines , with the occasional 2nd line apperances