• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeyCrazy3033

McCarty

Rate this topic

I was watching part of the Flames game tonight and I was wondering where D-mac was?! I see he's only played 31 games so far and has no points at all! I feel bad for the guy. Has he been benched? Anyone know what's going on? I know he hurt his hip in December but is he STILL out from that?

Maybe when he finally comes back to the line-up ... its playing for Detroit.

You never know

Do we really need him back though? Sure he was a great player for this hockey club, but I think it’s time we moved on. Injuries have taken their toll and he’s clearly past his best. He averages 5:24 of TOI, is pointless and is out injured.

Do we really need him back though? Sure he was a great player for this hockey club, but I think it’s time we moved on. Injuries have taken their toll and he’s clearly past his best. He averages 5:24 of TOI, is pointless and is out injured.

And still, many on this board would rather have him than Fedorov, Drake, or Lapointe.

You never know

I hope not.

I loved DMac when he was here, but he's just not that same player anymore.

27-Dec-06: Hip injury, sidelined indefinitely.

19-Oct-06: Missed 2 games (groin).

14-Oct-06: Groin, day-to-day.

07-Apr-06: Missed 3 games (groin).

01-Apr-06: Groin, day-to-day.

31-Mar-06: Missed 2 games (back injury).

26-Mar-06: Back injury, day-to-day.

09-Mar-06: Missed 1 game (flu).

07-Mar-06: Flu, day-to-day.

31-Dec-05: Missed 3 games (hip flexor).

26-Dec-05: Hip flexor, day-to-day.

01-Nov-05: Missed 4 games (head injury).

23-Oct-05: Head injury, day-to-day.

Chronic back problems, now add to that chronic groin problems.

We can't bring back everyone former Red Wings player for a reunion tour just because the fans love them. At least not if we want to win a Cup.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

tick tock, is the sound of a clock. Time waits for no man. Especially professional athletes who's better days are past. No to D-Mac, Feds, LaPointe, Drake, Gordie Howe, Sid Abel, Alex Delvecchio, etc.

I have great memories of all of these players. Don't ruin my memories by bringing them back.

Guest Crymson

You never know

Never gonna happen. He's another Maltby--too old to check, fight, or score.

I know that there are people here who are absorbed by nostalgia. Those who want McCarty back--a McCarty who can no longer play at a worthwhile level--because he has a history with the Wings are the same people who want to pay $6m for a mediocre Fedorov for the same reason. Sorry--want to win or want to ride the nostalgia train?

The funny part? Inside of 5 games, when those people saw how little the two aforementioned players can do now, they'd be bitching left and right about them.

Edited by Crymson

McCarty is a dinosaur now. I do remember him getting into a few fights early in the season, but those were only minor Brad Norton caliber fights. Considering his apparent injury problems, we'd have better luck with Eric Daze playing a full season over McCarty.

You gotta hand it to Holland for buying out McCarty when he did. Mac will always be one of my All-Time Favorite Wings, I wanted to keep him because of centimental reasons, but buying him out after the lockout, no question, was the right thing to do.

You gotta hand it to Holland for buying out McCarty when he did. Mac will always be one of my All-Time Favorite Wings, I wanted to keep him because of centimental reasons, but buying him out after the lockout, no question, was the right thing to do.

Buying out McCarty was the right move, however, not replacing him was the wrong move.

Even though Mac was my second favorite Wing (behind Stevie Y), this statement is dead on. Holland did the absolute right thing in buying him out.

Sidenote: That's why my screen name is "Never Forget Mac #25" rather than "Bring Back Mac #25".

I love you Mac, but I want to remember you as the Red Wing that you were. Godspeed, and here's hoping you can get back on track and start playing healthy again.