• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:40 PM

McCarty is a dinosaur now. I do remember him getting into a few fights early in the season, but those were only minor Brad Norton caliber fights. Considering his apparent injury problems, we'd have better luck with Eric Daze playing a full season over McCarty.

#22 interminded

interminded

Shiny Happy People

• HoF Booster
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Valtteri Filppula @ February 11, 2007 - 01:48PM) View Post

Many people said the same thing about Dom before this season. wink.gif

let's not begin to compare... it's useless..

I went to buy some camouflage pants the other day but I couldn't find any.

#23 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:08 PM

You gotta hand it to Holland for buying out McCarty when he did. Mac will always be one of my All-Time Favorite Wings, I wanted to keep him because of centimental reasons, but buying him out after the lockout, no question, was the right thing to do.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#24 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Barrie @ February 11, 2007 - 06:08PM) View Post

You gotta hand it to Holland for buying out McCarty when he did. Mac will always be one of my All-Time Favorite Wings, I wanted to keep him because of centimental reasons, but buying him out after the lockout, no question, was the right thing to do.

Buying out McCarty was the right move, however, not replacing him was the wrong move.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#25 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(Barrie @ February 11, 2007 - 05:08PM) View Post

Even though Mac was my second favorite Wing (behind Stevie Y), this statement is dead on. Holland did the absolute right thing in buying him out.

Sidenote: That's why my screen name is "Never Forget Mac #25" rather than "Bring Back Mac #25".

I love you Mac, but I want to remember you as the Red Wing that you were. Godspeed, and here's hoping you can get back on track and start playing healthy again.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#26 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:21 AM

He will always be my favorite player of the last 10 years but I don't think bringing him back would be a good idea.

It would be nice to have someone around that would back up our other players though, which is one reason why I'm riding the fence of supporting us getting Bertuzzi over Forsberg.
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey