• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

BOS-CGY Trade

Rate this topic

Really good deal for the Flames. What the hell was Boston thinking? How did they think this deal was even fair?

The only upside that I see for Boston is Ference is signed through 09-10 and Kobasew has another year left on his current deal then he's restricted.

Primeau and Stuart are both UFA's.

All I've heard about Kobasew for the past five years is that he's going to be a star. If that's the case, how is this a bad deal for Boston?

At worst, they pick up a solid defenseman and a good young forward for a couple years in exchange for two guys they had no guarantee of keeping after April--and probably have an equal chance of signing this summer as they did before the trade.

Wow a really good deal for the flames, my old man will be happy with this since he's a huge flames fan... Well they might just make a solid cup run and they won't have to worry about the shootouts because kipper sucks in them :P

This isnt as great a deal as many think it is. Brad Stuart is the most talked about soon to be UFA defenseman right now next to Souray. Hell command big bucks and will likely test the market. Ference is a solid defenseman with a few good years left on his contract. Kobasew, although not doin too well this year, is still a solid young guy.

Not a bad trade for Boston

Good deal for Calgary. Stuart at the top of his game is very good offensively, and Premieau is an ok player. Boston at least gets Ference, who is a pretty solid defenseman, but Kobasew? They could have gone after some young prospects like Eric Nystrom rather than Kobasew.