• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,913 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

Yes they need a goal scorer for the playoffs. And in the playoffs scoring goals often requires grit. The two are one in the same.

And no, they don't need Laraque. Certainly not as a playoff rental.

#22 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

Im probably the only one that would be happy to see Bertuzzi and Roberts traded here , both bring what we need , scoring and grit

#NOMOREKINDL

#23 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(Detroit # 1 Fan @ February 12, 2007 - 02:10AM) View Post

Im probably the only one that would be happy to see Bertuzzi and Roberts traded here , both bring what we need , scoring and grit

and baggage

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#24 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(swedishconnection @ February 11, 2007 - 10:39AM) View Post

With all this talk about a gritty winger, it makes me really confused. As much as I would like to see it, it doesn't really solve the wings problems of the past.

05-06 - Lost because Manny had a meltdown, Lilypads was in, and the wings, besides a select few, couldn't find the back of the net. The oilers were rediculously fast compared to us, and picked off our passes with ease.

03-04 - Lost because Kipper was a monster and pretty much shut down everything we had going. Again, no one really found the back of the net.

02-03 - Giguere was a beast too. Stopped everything that was coming at him.

My point is, that we need great goaltending - CHECK.

We need a SCORING winger - Now Hiring.

If the player is gritty, thats a bonus at this point. However, we need a speedy, scoring winger first and foremost. Grit doesn't factor into the way the wings play nearly as much as puck retention.

Edit**** Forgot to offer something other than a scoring winger. I too would also like to see an additional depth D-man. Markov is great when he's here, but we all know what happens when one of our guys is out... dry.gif Thats right, Lils.

I am enjoying our 4th line griffs boys at the moment. I think they will continue to contribute. (So dont break them up.) Our 3rd line of Malts, Drapes, and The Franz is great as a checking line. Just wish that we could get more offensively out of them.

YATZEE!

#25 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

What I'd like to see:

Williams, Maltby gone
Fedoruk-type and pick(s) or prospect(s) in.

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom
Hudler/Lang/Cleary
Kopecky/Filppula/Samuelsson
Franzen/Draper/Fedoruk

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#26 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(rwfan007 @ February 11, 2007 - 10:43PM) View Post

and baggage

so ?

If we managed to get both our top 6 looks like Zetter-Datsyuk-Bert/Homer , Cleary-Lang-Roberts

A whole lot tougher then our current line up , I'd career the baggage , all the way to the SCF

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 11 February 2007 - 11:47 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#27 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

he is a good player, but good players with baggage sometimes become distractions i.e. T.O., Forsberg, Shaq, Charles Rogers... They are all good players, and sometimes they go on to win, but they are distractions. Maybe big mike can whip him into shape. please don't rip on me, I am just stating what I have noticed in these kinds of situations

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#28 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE(Detroit # 1 Fan @ February 11, 2007 - 09:46PM) View Post

so ?

If we managed to get both our top 6 looks like Zetter-Datsyuk-Bert/Homer , Cleary-Lang-Roberts

A whole lot tougher then our current line up , I'd career the baggage , all the way to the SCF

It's not worth bringing drama into a team that doesn't have it.