• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2/11 GDT: Flames @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

I'll take the win, but c'mon--Calgary's forwards were dead on their skates and we just about gave it back to them in the third. That's not the way to build Joey's confidence! Bad day for goaltenders, though--check out that game in Dallas.

BTW, Stuart's cross check to the back of Hank was absolutely uncalled for. That beyond pissed me the hell off and what even pissed me off more? No retaliation from any of the Wings. I'm sick of that. Holland BETTER be trying to fix this problem.

Guest Crymson

As a preemptive strike:

When a team has a five goal lead going into the third period, they can afford to give up three before they start playing again. This was the product of a downshift in intensity, likely with the intention of preserving energy for tomorrow night's game. When Calgary got within two goals, the Wings started to play again. The Wings dominated this game. They do not need to win by five, or four, or three, or even two--as long as they're in control of the game, all that matters is that they walk out as the winners at night's end.

Enough complaining.

Man, what was that last period??? Battle of the soft goals?

Great game tonight.

You have restored my faith in you.

Im not sure who clagary is though :lol:

It's where Michael Samuelsson is currently recuperating :D

Edited by Crymson

that was a fun game to watch. it's nice when everything's going in. good game!

BTW, Stuart's cross check to the back of Hank was absolutely uncalled for. That beyond pissed me the hell off and what even pissed me off more? No retaliation from any of the Wings. I'm sick of that. Holland BETTER be trying to fix this problem.

yeah i was pissed!!!! what an ass. what will it take for holland to get somebody who will step up????

As a preemptive strike:

When a team has a five goal lead going into the third period, they can afford to give up three before they start playing again. This was the product of a downshift in intensity, likely with the intention of preserving energy for tomorrow night's game. When Calgary got within two goals, the Wings started to play again. The Wings dominated this game. They do not need to win by five, or four, or three, or even two--as long as they're in control of the game, all that matters is that they walk out as the winners at night's end.

Enough complaining.

Never enough! ;) Sure, but I don't think it's a good idea to let 'em shake your rookie goaltender's confidence, right when he's on the brink of winning his first game. Let him think he's invincible, at least for a night!

Well finally joey found the sucess to winning in the NHL or at least on the Wings... When the forwards are hot... you get the win... when they are not, you lose!

Congrats on the 1st

I kinda wish they got close enough to pull their goalie for Zetts' empty netter

yeah all my friends were over and we were hopping for that to happen. I mean come on, he's gotten 2 goals in a game a lot lately, he needs his hat trick!

Sounds like I missed an interesting match.

Edi the game was AWESOME! Hank had 4 points, but was once again denied the hat trick :( It'll come...one of these days...it will! So Z has 102 goals now. We chased Kipper in the first after three goals in 14 minutes. How was Brian Regan?

Any word on who's starting in net tomorrow? Is Mac going again?

It's either Joey Mac or the blue plastic thing vs Phillie. :P Just kidding.

Dom's out at least another game (I expect to see him in Dallas on Weds.) and Ozzie's out indefinitely, no time table for his return. So it's Mac and Howard as back up tomorrow, I'd say. Mac will do fine, but the Wings definitely need to stick with the plan for the full 60 minutes. That let down in the third was just dopey tonight, that goes for all of them including Joey.

As a preemptive strike:

Enough complaining.

You have restored my faith in you.

It's where Michael Samuelsson is currently recuperating :D

That's golden crymson :lol:

So I guess all the positive vibes worked then, huh? :P

That's exactly right :P .. SO we all need to do the same thing tomorrow against the flyers :hehe:

I agree 100%. Major run a Datsuk, nothing. Guy flies into the goalie, nothing. Major cheap shot on Z, nothing. I don't think this is a problem that one or two guys can fix.

There is no semblance of anyone sticking up for one another. I can see the no reaction if it was a tight game, and players were just being diciplined, but the game was already decided.

Wooo! 1 point behind the Preds!

Am I the only one who is secretely hoping the Wings don't win the division? After all, I think it's abundantly clear that the regular season seedings mean squat once the playoffs start.

I'd rather let Nashville take on the pressure of the #1 seed and stay under the radar.

Edited by Airborn

I would be fine with winning the division, because nashville isnt going anywhere which means we will have to play playoff hockey to win the division. the past few seasons we have coasted into the playoffs, but if we actually have to play going into the playoffs, I think we will be better off.

I was at the game again tonight, geeze tonight makes 6 games for me on the season, I must be slippin! It is nice having a friend with season tickets though!

Anyhoo it was a great game like usual, they must know to turn up the offense when I'm in attendence!

Anyone know who is playing in net tomorrow in philly? Dom (wrist)? Oz (finger)? MickieD (back2back)? Howard?

I really want to see Howard in action, that would be nice!

Howard needs a nickname, what do you call him around here, all I can think of is "Opie" as in Ron Howard!

IPB Image

Preach it, Wayne-O.

Also...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S RIGHT BABY THAT'S RIGHT! PUT IN ANOTHER GOALIE SO HANK CAN SCORE ON HIM TOO! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ten dollars to whoever guesses this psychotic fan from earlier in the GDT. Do not ever cross this person when s/he is in an excited and/or agitated state, please. This is for your own safety.

:D

Edited by Flip-check

I didn't get to watch the game but I heard most of it on XM. I walked into K-Mart in Midland, and when I came out it was 3-0. Walk into Wally World in Saginaw and I told my hubby, "I expect to see 4-0 when I come back." What do I get? 6-1. Way cool! Good day all around, we win, Pasha gets a goal, and I get a new digital camera! YAHOO!!!!

By the way, I missed it...how did Conroy get a four-minute double minor? What exactly did he do? I was too tired to watch the game and see it, so I guess I'll have to watch it again tomorrow when I'm more awake.

Good effort tonight, gang!!!!!!!!!!