• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2/11 GDT: Flames @ Red Wings

Rate this topic

Looking at those standings and I’m worried.

If we finish 4th we’ll probably play San Jose. Can we beat the speedy Sharks? And if we finish 1st, we’ll probably have to play Minnesota. The Wild scare me too.

Anyway great to have you back aflac! Although I must say edicius did a top job. :lol:

Glad to see you back, aflac! I tried to hold down the fort while you were gone...but nothing compares to an aflac GDT. :D

Won't be here tonight for the game (going to see Brian Regan tonight!), but I'm tempted to hold with my weekend pick. 3-2 Calgary, in OT. Again, prove me wrong, guys! :P

This should be interesting...Joey and Kipper...If we couldn't put one behind Legace or Sanford when Joey was in goal, will we be able to put one behind Kip? I only say this because the Wings play different* in front of Joey.

I will probably miss the first period because I have floor hockey practice.

GO WINGS!!!!

*Different = bad

Calgary just completed a trade with Boston that sent Ferrence and Kobasew to the Bruins for Primeau and Stuart.

I like this trade a lot for Calgary. They absolutely have the best D in the league now, and Premeau will be a solid addition too. At this point, Calgary will be very tough to knock off in the playoffs.

Calgary just completed a trade with Boston that sent Ferrence and Kobasew to the Bruins for Primeau and Stuart.

I like this trade a lot for Calgary. They absolutely have the best D in the league now, and Premeau will be a solid addition too. At this point, Calgary will be very tough to knock off in the playoffs.

Do ya think Ken Holland is taking notes??? I hope so!!!!

If we finish 4th we’ll probably play San Jose. Can we beat the speedy Sharks? And if we finish 1st, we’ll probably have to play Minnesota. The Wild scare me too.

Anyway great to have you back aflac! Although I must say edicius did a top job. :lol:

Well, the champ is going to have to beat 4 very good teams in the playoffs to win the cup. True competitors relish a challenge. If they aren't worried, I am not worried. If we lose in the playoffs, the better team won. The same goes for a victory for us.

In the meantime, lets make it to the end of the regular season before we worry about the playoff opponent.

Brad Stuart is a very under-rated player. He will be great for Calgary, makes them even more formidible in the playoffs.

Everyone take note of the early-ish game time. I will be late, I think, unless I can get home sooner from work than I expect. Bleah to working on Sunday... :(

Later, troops!

If we finish 4th we'll probably play San Jose.

Ozzie, the Wizard of Glass will watch us lose from the pressbox. I know it's not his fault but his absences this year will have cost us the Division.

Edited by dicksmack

I'm lookin' for some good stuff from the boys tonight. Plan of action: Study until game, game time (Red Wings win), dinner, back to studying.

Basically, the game is my time off today. Make it worthwhile pleeeeeeeease!!!

Aflac is here! Wings will win tonight. lol

Joey is going to shut down them Flames!!!

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!

GO JOEY MAC!!

----------------------------------------------

CALGARY

Chuck Kobasew (traded); Out

I fixed it. :P

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

I'll probably miss the first period of this one, but I'm gonna rush back to see as much as I can.

I hope Joey can shut these guys down and we can actually put a few past Kipper. Go Wings!!

Interesting--Joey is starting again. The auspices look good for tonight. Calgary has been inconsistent lately. They should be tired after last night's OT loss (although they may also be mad, since they are 0-1-1 on this road trip). I expect the Wings to play hard out of the gate this time.

Yeah, our boys should have fresher legs and take it to the Flames before they find their feet.

Slow starts have been too much of a problem this season for the Wings, it's something that needs a bit of tweaking before the playoffs.

3-2 wings...

Either Stuart or Primeau for Calgary, plus Iginla or Conroy...

We prove that our defense is more versitile with goals by Kronwall, Lidstrom, and Schnieder.

( :thumbup: )

OR

Zata scores a purty one, but Huselius scores two in the last ten minutes to pull out with a win.

( :thumbdown: )

bummer about d-mac being out. i scored some free tickets through work and was looking forward to seeing the 'hawk in person!

tonight is joey mac's night. the winless streak ends!

4-2 good guys, Nick gets his 200th!