446 replies to this topic

#441 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:53 PM

Geez, that's unreal.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#442 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,459 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 11, 2007 - 09:53PM) View Post

Geez, that's unreal.

it's almost absurd... 14 wins for the season. Wow. Just...wow. huh.gif Whoever said, don't cheer too loud if you go to the game and cheer for the Wings = good advice.

Go Joey Mac!! Go Wings!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#443 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ February 11, 2007 - 09:08PM) View Post

BTW, Stuart's cross check to the back of Hank was absolutely uncalled for. That beyond pissed me the hell off and what even pissed me off more? No retaliation from any of the Wings. I'm sick of that. Holland BETTER be trying to fix this problem.

I agree 100%. Major run a Datsuk, nothing. Guy flies into the goalie, nothing. Major cheap shot on Z, nothing. I don't think this is a problem that one or two guys can fix.

There is no semblance of anyone sticking up for one another. I can see the no reaction if it was a tight game, and players were just being diciplined, but the game was already decided.

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ February 11, 2007 - 08:56PM) View Post

Wooo! 1 point behind the Preds!

Am I the only one who is secretely hoping the Wings don't win the division? After all, I think it's abundantly clear that the regular season seedings mean squat once the playoffs start.

I'd rather let Nashville take on the pressure of the #1 seed and stay under the radar.

Edited by Airborn, 11 February 2007 - 11:58 PM.

#444 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:03 AM

I would be fine with winning the division, because nashville isnt going anywhere which means we will have to play playoff hockey to win the division. the past few seasons we have coasted into the playoffs, but if we actually have to play going into the playoffs, I think we will be better off.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#445 mrhockey2k

mrhockey2k

Feed the Mule

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:29 AM

I was at the game again tonight, geeze tonight makes 6 games for me on the season, I must be slippin! It is nice having a friend with season tickets though!

Anyhoo it was a great game like usual, they must know to turn up the offense when I'm in attendence!

Anyone know who is playing in net tomorrow in philly? Dom (wrist)? Oz (finger)? MickieD (back2back)? Howard?

I really want to see Howard in action, that would be nice!

Howard needs a nickname, what do you call him around here, all I can think of is "Opie" as in Ron Howard!

#446 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:38 AM

IPB Image

Preach it, Wayne-O.

Also...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S RIGHT BABY THAT'S RIGHT! PUT IN ANOTHER GOALIE SO HANK CAN SCORE ON HIM TOO! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ten dollars to whoever guesses this psychotic fan from earlier in the GDT. Do not ever cross this person when s/he is in an excited and/or agitated state, please. This is for your own safety.

biggrin.gif

Edited by Flip-check, 12 February 2007 - 01:43 AM.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#447 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:39 AM

I didn't get to watch the game but I heard most of it on XM. I walked into K-Mart in Midland, and when I came out it was 3-0. Walk into Wally World in Saginaw and I told my hubby, "I expect to see 4-0 when I come back." What do I get? 6-1. Way cool! Good day all around, we win, Pasha gets a goal, and I get a new digital camera! YAHOO!!!!

By the way, I missed it...how did Conroy get a four-minute double minor? What exactly did he do? I was too tired to watch the game and see it, so I guess I'll have to watch it again tomorrow when I'm more awake.

Good effort tonight, gang!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image