• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2/12 GDT: Red Wings @ Flyers

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

That +/- comparison is hilarious. :lol:

LOL!!!!!!!!! That is OUTRAGEOUS!

How ironic would it be were one of the Wings to check Forsberg into another injury? In the long run, that'd probably be better for everyone..

Edit: I'm glad to have you back on a regular basis, Aflac-- I missed your GDTs whilst you were absent.

Edited by Crymson

Homer's 46 PIM are good enough to lead the team and none of those minutes are from fights!

I miss the days of shanny lapointe mccarty kocur etc, no more fight nights at the joe :(

With all this talk about Forsberg to Detroit, how would you feel about Fedoruk being thrown in? I know I wouldnt mind...

I wonder how much, if at all, they'll mention the possibility of Forsberg going to Detroit since this game is being aired on Versus. Hmm, I hope it comes true (as long as Forsberg's foot is truly feeling better).

People say he went to Sweden and got a boot that fit better so he's feeling better, but I actually remember hearing that he got an orothotic which is an insert that is molded to his foot and placed in the boot... so which way was it? I was confused when they said that because I would have assumed that would be their first course of action (the orothotic) since I had foot problems in my skate boot and the first thing the doctor did was get me fitted for them and I felt better almost immediately when using them.

Forsberg in red and white sounds quite right.

Wasn't Steve Thomas traded to Anaheim from Chicago on a night the two teams played?

"Steve... sorry, but we'd like you to pack your equipment and go to the other lockerroom. You won't be riding the team bus to the hotel tonight."

Guest Crymson

"Steve... sorry, but we'd like you to pack your equipment and go to the other lockerroom. You won't be riding the team bus to the hotel tonight."

Haha, yeah--he went home on the other bus. They even raided his team bag.

Check the NHL Preview: http://www2.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&a...007&gtype=2

The line about the Wings` losing streak since January of 1997 is incorrect. The Wings won two games at Philly in the '97 playoffs, en route to their sweep of that series.

Also, one might think that whoever writes these should proofread them before he or she posts them on the net. Eh.

Edited by Crymson

It's easy to take this game too lightly.... dangerous even.

Red Wings be carefull, it would be embarassing to lose this one.

So full speed on this one !!

3-1

BTW, Howard will get the nod tonight (according to Detnews.com)

Jimmy Howard , who was called up from Grand Rapids to back up Joey MacDonald on Sunday, will get the start tonight against the Flyers.
Edited by interminded

:clap:

Pressure Hatcher when he has the puck and good things will happen.

Foppa's line is quite hot,we must avoid taking too many penalties.

Niittymaki is great on his day,our Swedes should wear their olympic gold medals tonight - it would haunt him.

GO WINGS, get a W !

Another one on TV out west!!! :D So far I think this has been the best season for me as far as how many games I've got to see.

We had a stretch of games where we were slow until the 3rd, the yesterday a dominating first 40 before going to sleep for a few minutes, so ... lets see if we can do all 60 today.

Another Win, we tie for league lead in points, and there is no end near for the dominance of our top line.

It's easy to take this game too lightly.... dangerous even.

Red Wings be carefull, it would be embarassing to lose this one.

So full speed on this one !!

3-1

Agreed. While I'm pretty confident the Wings are at least saying not to take this game or this team lightly, despite the mismatch it might look like on paper. Hopefully they won't be gassed out from playing last night. If not, I don't forsee too many problems, but this could be a land mine game like in college football where you have a heavily favored team either lose or barely beat an decent but overmatched opponent more often than not. This is not going to be a walk in the park.

4-2 Wingers....what the hell I'm gonna go with a Datsyuk hat trick and Lidstrom with his 200th.

Let's hope tonight's game is a little more balanced. :P More like the first 50 minutes, NOT the last 10. I've never seen the Flames set up so many nice plays in a row, seriously, those 3 goals were beautiful. LOL Anyhow, Flyers will take plenty of penalties, which will allow us to tune-in our PowerPlay.. We've not been great on the road, so this is a good test before going to Dallas.. which is always a *****.

I agree with above poster, it's GREAT to have back to back Wings nights! Will have some withdrawals after Wednesday though, another 2 day respite!

Wings: 5

Flyers: 4

Good battle of goalies... not!

I'll be at the game tonight, hopefully they won't take the night off after last night's performance because first place overall is here for the taking. Lets get a solid win and complete the sweep of the atlantic division.

Wings jump ahead early and don't look back

Wings 3 (Cleary, Flipper, Lidstrom)

Flyers 1 (Knuble)

Howard plays well, but only faces 16 shots. Yes I'm calling that 16!

Edited by Red Wings 516

14-33-8. What a pathetic record. I remember when the Flyers added all those players after the lockout and everyone had them penciled in as their favorite to win the Cup. I guess that didn't turn out so good.