• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 labeau55

labeau55

The one and only

• PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:09 PM

I see no problem with Howard starting tonight. If hes up in the bigs and we are conditioning him to be our next starter why not give him a game? Mac is only on the roster in case of emergency where Hasek or Osgood cant play. Noone expected that both of them would be hurt at the same time and now that it happened the Wings had to bring up two inexperienced goalies, why not let the one with the most potential and being bred as the next big thing get a shot at showing how he has come along?

And I will say it now, I like Jimmy and want to see him play no matter the circumstance

#22 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

According to Bruce McLeod of the Macomb Daily, it's MacDonald starting tonight. (via RWC)

#23 hockeyfanatic

hockeyfanatic

You *will* deliver Stanley. Wonderpus commands it.

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:36 PM

Both of those reports about who was starting came from the Detroit News. Early they said it was Howard (and markov would be back) but later updated to say that McDonald would start (and no Markov). Perhaps they just assumed it was going to be Howard, but someone with Wings could have changed their mind.

I wonder if the Dallas trade for Nagy had any impact on this. Maybe they want to give McDonald more playtime for the scouts. With the trade talks heating up, there is only so much time to showcase players. Yeah, McDonald isn't worth much on the market, but he could always be included as a minor part in a package. Howard is much less likely to be traded, so showcasing him isn't as important.

#24 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:37 PM

Mac ought to start.

#25 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

If I wanted to play Joey in one game this season, I'd play him against the Flyers, +/- masters of the world-- Peter Forsberg leads in that category with a plus-one rating.

#26 GuloGulo

GuloGulo

Never Waive Drake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 12, 2007 - 11:18PM) View Post

If I wanted to play Joey in one game this season, I'd play him against the Flyers, +/- masters of the world-- Peter Forsberg leads in that category with a plus-one rating.

It's misleading. The Flyers are playing much stronger hockey now. It won't be a cakewalk, and the goalie DEFINITELY needs to be on his heels. Expect no blowout.
<DarrylBootland> I'm big league!

#27 mrhockey2k

mrhockey2k

Feed the Mule

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:26 PM

Hungry Howie out, Mickie-D in?

#28 Guest_Tombsy (Guest)

Guest_Tombsy (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:32 PM

That means Howard is the the Forsberg trade.

Lang then gets flipped to the Rangers for Montoya.

hehe.gif

#29 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

Joey could get back to back wins , why not , the guy deserves it , he's worked his ass offf

#NOMOREKINDL

#30 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 12, 2007 - 05:18PM) View Post

heh

Tonight=teh irony

No, it's definitely excitement.