• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Which Wings are ‘Untouchable’?

Rate this topic

I came across this, and got slightly scared…

Link

Forwards Valtteri Filppula, Jiri Hudler and Jason Williams have been rumored to be in the mix. Defenseman Jakub Kindl, a first-round pick in 2005, would be desired by many teams, but the Wings might not be willing to trade a potential top-four defenseman. Minor league goalie Jimmy Howard, another former first-rounder, is another prospect the Wings might not be willing to trade.

Regardless of what would come our way, I wouldn’t deal any of these three guys. They are too good to simply trade away. So that begs the question, who do you believe is untouchable and will not be included in any trades in the Wings organisation?

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I sincerely hope that they keep Filppula. As much as I like Hudler, I'd chuck him under the bus to keep Flip - but I'd much rather have them both.

From the prospect ranks, I'd hope to keep ahold of Kindl, Ericsson, Quincey on defense. Howard and Liv may both have a future in net. As for forwards, I'd like to keep an eye on Emmerton and Helm, but I'm not terribly attached to most of the ranks on offense in the system.

Honestly? Everyone besides Z and Lidstrom can go for the right price, keep in mind many of those prices are so high that no team would pay it.

I have to agree with that. With the exception of Zetterberg and Lidstrom, there isn't anyone on the Wings I wouldn't trade if the return was right.

Lebda, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chelios, Schneider, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Val Filp, Holmstrom, and our goalies. Untouchables for me.

Agreed, except Id put Brett Lebda on that list.

Yeah I didnt see the first name. well then that list is perfect.

Edited by Salviaman

Lebda, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chelios, Schneider, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Val Filp, Holmstrom, and our goalies. Untouchables for me.

So basically, everyone on the Wings who has even the slightest bit of trade value is untouchable?

Guest Crymson

Link

Regardless of what would come our way, I wouldn’t deal any of these three guys. They are too good to simply trade away. So that begs the question, who do you believe is untouchable and will not be included in any trades in the Wings organisation?

Untouchable Wings?

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Holmstrom

Filpulla

Cleary

Draper

Lidstrom, Chelios, Lebda.

Probably Kronwall, maybe Schneider.

So basically, everyone on the Wings who has even the slightest bit of trade value is untouchable?

Would you want to mess up our incredible defense or our unbelievably good first line, or trade away our best prospect?

As far as I think, trades are supposed to make the team BETTER, not mess up a good thing.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Untouchable Wings?

Zetterberg

Datsyuk

Holmstrom

Filpulla

Cleary

Draper

Lidstrom, Chelios, Lebda.

Probably Kronwall, maybe Schneider.

Would you want to mess up our incredible defense or our unbelievably good first line, or trade away our best prospect?

As far as I think, trades are supposed to make the team BETTER, not mess up a good thing.

I don't know that it really matters anymore. With the salary cap era I think we're seeing that it will be hard to build from within if you want to compete year in and year out. There's not likely to be many players sticking around one place too long. I think as we're seeing with current NHLers, that prospects and picks are going to start revolving all over the league as well. I can't foresee a future where you build a core of players that you actually drafted. It'll be more like just a couple, maybe 4 or 5 guys you drafted mixed in with trades and free agents. I don't think we'll see any team build a contender that's loaded with like 9 or 10 of its own draft picks.

My own Untouchable list:

1. Zetterberg

2. Lidstrom

3. Howard

My almost untouchable list:

1. Kronwall

2. Filpulla

3. Kindl

Everybody else I'd trade in a heartbeat if I thought the return made us a better contender.

Nobody would keep Kronwall?

If it gets us the decent scoring winger we need, one that'll also stick around for the future, I'd trade Kronwall in a heartbeat.

Lidstrom and Zetterberg are untouchable. So are guys that fill a definite role: Holmstrom, Cleary. Love Homer on the power play and Cleary on the PK....plus we'll never find anywhere else the bang for the buck that Cleary provides. Anybody who's a goalie except for MacDonald should be off limits too.

Beyond that, if the return is right, why not?

Link

This is what Malik says about it in his MLive blog:

Filppula's a no-go, but Holland's comments suggesting that Derek Meech, Kyle Quincey, Jonathan Ericsson, and Kindl are all but NHL-ready may tip his hand in terms of asset management.

Holland and Babcock are both high on Filppula. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Here are my rules.

I think we are going to be in huge cap trouble, and our youth movement has been going great IMO.

So I do not want to see anyone traded away with a future possiblity.

So I think the only folks I could not be upset with being traded are;

Lang

Williams

Lilja

One of the three ready for the NHL prospect Defensemen. (obviously the worst one :D)

Oh, and Pavel Datsyuk.

I don't think any real insane trades could come from these players with the exception of Datsyuk.

More importantly I would look to deal picks because we seem to do fine without first rounders anyways so the hell with them.

I really could see Hudler and Fillpula playing together on the second line in time. I do think that we need the young defensemen ready to replace Schenider and whoever else might wonder off from the team, but I do not want to see them touch the starting Defensemen right now because I think that is why we are where we are.

Honestly I do not see anything on the trade market that screams prefect decision. Forsberg and Bertuzzi are Intriguing but I think the majority of people would agree they are very risky plays.

I much would rather see a Guerin or such rental player come aboard for Williams and a draft pick. Something that won't hurt us now or later.

All those folks who want to throw Kron away are idiots. He has skill, he just needs experience. I would say the same for Jiri as well.

I have to agree with that. With the exception of Zetterberg and Lidstrom, there isn't anyone on the Wings I wouldn't trade if the return was right.

Agreed.

Everyone else is fair game.

People have to remember that you've gotta give up someone of value to bring in someone of value. Teams aren't going to do us the favor of taking the players we want to get rid of anyway in exchange for one of their stars.

We had to give up Slava Kozlov to bring in Dom in 2002. And Kozlov was one of our clutch playoff performers.