• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Which Wings are ‘Untouchable’?

Rate this topic

Actually, I'd say you're the one who took the conversation into left field with the Crosby and Ovechkin talk.

That doesnt give her the right to tell me to shut the hell up. Does it? Im the ******* right?

Look man, if that's what you're into, I say live and let live as long as you find a consenting adult partner. But could you keep your spanking fetish out of the thread please? We were talking about hockey here.

Hahaha, you made a funny *** joke, all right!!! What time does your mommy pick you up from pre school?

That doesnt give her the right to tell me to shut the hell up. Does it? Im the ******* right?

Hahaha, you made a funny *** joke, all right!!! What time does your mommy pick you up from pre school?

As long as we can all agree.

Seriously, can we get back to the topic? as I said in my last post, you're the one who jumped in and nitpicked about this thread and called it retarded, when everyone else seems to have understood the spirit of the question.

If it's so retarded, here's a thought, don't post in it.

So the topic says 'Which Wings are untouchable?'

Why talk about such obvious untouchables? From what I understood from earlier conversation the point was to name some of OUR current regulars/fringe players/prospects that might be traded or have some trade value.

This was a very decent thread to start with and I suggest we get back at that.

Everyone cool down.

Agreed. Im going to be the bigger person here and go away for awhile, but if HOH or Harold feel the need to continue to talk s*** after I leave, I think it's the mod's responsibility to do something about it. Bye

Guest Crymson

I respect your opinion but I find it to be flawed. You fail to take into account the intangibles both Z and Lids bring to the Wings, which are the chief reasons neither would ever be traded. Lidstrom is a) the captain, b) arguably the best defenseman in the NHL and, c) the key to the Red Wings' special teams. Other players may be as talented as Nick, but none know the system as well, understand the tendancies of the Wings' players and how to work his game within the system. Likewise, Zetterberg is the future captain of this franchise, an outstanding two-way player and the face of the organization in many ways like Yzerman was. He is flat out untouchable unless you want to get into ridiculous hypotheticals like Crosby and Malkin for Zetterberg straight up. I would wager Holland won't deal him for Crosby even up.

But then, people did want Yzerman traded for Yashin, so perhaps this fan base's grasp of intangibles is not as tight as one would think.

Very few people on this board take intangibles into account, at the same time not realizing that the Wings have been living off of intangibles for over a decade.

Want the team to turn into a revolving door? Sorry, but that would destroy the team dynamic and the team identity. The Wings are unique in all the league for one reason--and you all know why.

Thank you for making this post-- I'm glad SOMEBODY looks at intangibles.

EDIT: To whomever it was who claimed Smyth is better in front of the net than is Holmstrom, have fun arguing that point against the rest of the hockey world. Start with the goalies.

Edited by Crymson

EDIT: To whomever it was who claimed Smyth is better in front of the net than is Holmstrom, have fun arguing that point against the rest of the hockey world. Start with the goalies.

I think you are referring to my post, which you obviously did not read properly. I said Smyth does the same type of thing, but brings more. I did not say that Smyth is better in front of the net.

Guest Crymson

I think you are referring to my post, which you obviously did not read properly. I said Smyth does the same type of thing, but brings more. I did not say that Smyth is better in front of the net.

I'm afraid, then, that I don't see your point. If Holmstrom is the best in the world at his given assignment, then how would picking up Smyth, who is not nearly as good in front of the net but better elsewhere, be good?

Holmstrom brings a lot to the team-- goalies HAAAAATE Holmstrom. I doubt they complain much about Smyth, nor have I really seen him spend a lot of time in front of them.

Ok 2 things

1. If Ryan Smyth ever came here I'd have to slit my own wrists.

2. Anybody that says that they would trade Zetterberg for Crosby/Ovechkin is ridiculous. He's the future of this team and I highly doubt we would ever trade him away.

Ok 2 things

2. Anybody that says that they would trade Zetterberg for Crosby/Ovechkin is ridiculous. He's the future of this team and I highly doubt we would ever trade him away.

I would consider Zetterberg for Crosby or Ovechkin. Simple reason why? While I would rather have Zetterberg now, the fact remains that the other two are at the top of the league in scoring AND are several years younger than Z.

Of course, the fact that Crosby and Ovechkin might be worth a player of Zetterberg's caliber is exactly why they will likely never be traded.

Ok 2 things

I disagree on both fronts.

I'd say only Lidstrom. But even then, not that it would happen in a million years mind you, but if say someone like Calgary called up and offered a deal with Phanuef (and you were able to lock him up long term), i dont think theres any way you cant take that trade.

I didnt list Zetterberg but its not like i'd be trying to trade him, just saying the possiblity would be open for the right price.

I seriously cant believe a Zetterberg for Crosby or Ovechkin trade is even being debated. Anyone who wouldnt take that trade is insane.

Z & Nick are the absolutly untocuables , I dotn wanna give up Homer , Cleary or Draper , hopefully none iof those guys will go

I agree with your disagreement.

I would trade Zetterberg for Crosby or Ovechkin in a heartbeat.

I agree , Crosby and Ovechkin would be improvements other Z but there probably the only people I'd trade him for

Zetterberg is the future of the team. Crosby and Ovechkin are the future of the league. Crosby and Ovechkin are Jordan and Bird - Zetterberg is Isiah. Sorry, but just about everyone would swap Z for Crosby and never look back.

So basically all of you who'd be willing to swap Zets for Crosby or Ovechkin would have traded a young Yzerman for a young Lemieux? Mario put up better numbers offensively (like Sid & Ovie vs. Zets) and was considered the best player in the league. Sure Stevie was the face and captain of the Red Wings (like Zets will be) but who cares if you can get Mario in return? :thumbup:

Zetterberg's very good but lets be serious people, to even be mentioned with guys like Crosby and Ovechkin i'd think you should at least be top 20 in scoring.

Well for what it's worth, at least Z has more goals for the season than Crosby and is also a strong candidate for Selke (which I believe neither wonderkid is). Z certainly is among the top 5 or so all-around players in the league.

Stevie started to play more defensively for the betterment of the team and his point totals declined but wouldn't you still think he is in the same class with Mario or Gretz?

Zetterberg's very good but lets be serious people, to even be mentioned with guys like Crosby and Ovechkin i'd think you should at least be top 20 in scoring.

26th! And watch out, Mr. Zetterberg is in Philly tonight. Lord knows how many points he would have if he had the opportunity to play them eight times like Crosby. :sly:

So basically all of you who'd be willing to swap Zets for Crosby or Ovechkin would have traded a young Yzerman for a young Lemieux?

Since in 1986 we couldn't possibly have known the future and how Stevie and Mario would have turned out.......yes. Betcha Devellano would have too.

Stevie started to play more defensively for the betterment of the team and his point totals declined but wouldn't you still think he is in the same class with Mario or Gretz?

Honestly? No way. Steve Yzerman was not as good as Gretzky and Mario...im sorry but thats not even up for debate imo.

Since in 1986 we couldn't possibly have known the future and how Stevie and Mario would have turned out.......yes. Betcha Devellano would have too.

Okay, no further questions. :lol:

I just can't agree with that but we'd probably have to ask the Wings' management to know for sure.

Honestly? No way. Steve Yzerman was not as good as Gretzky and Mario...im sorry but thats not even up for debate imo.

Well I just like to think there's more to being an elite hockey player and one of the all-time greats than point totals and other statistics, which weren't too bad for Stevie either. Stevie definitely was the heart and soul of his team even more so than Mario or Wayne, not to take anything away from them.

Edited by FinWing