• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

Just to echo the general sentiment: I will break someone's neck if they touch Zetterberg. smile.gif

#22 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(Aussie_Wing @ February 12, 2007 - 11:04AM) View Post

I came across this, and got slightly scared…

Link
Regardless of what would come our way, I wouldn’t deal any of these three guys. They are too good to simply trade away. So that begs the question, who do you believe is untouchable and will not be included in any trades in the Wings organisation?

This is what Malik says about it in his MLive blog:

Filppula's a no-go, but Holland's comments suggesting that Derek Meech, Kyle Quincey, Jonathan Ericsson, and Kindl are all but NHL-ready may tip his hand in terms of asset management.

Holland and Babcock are both high on Filppula. I don't think he's going anywhere.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#23 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:41 PM

Here are my rules.

I think we are going to be in huge cap trouble, and our youth movement has been going great IMO.

So I do not want to see anyone traded away with a future possiblity.
So I think the only folks I could not be upset with being traded are;
Lang
Williams
Lilja
One of the three ready for the NHL prospect Defensemen. (obviously the worst one biggrin.gif)
Oh, and Pavel Datsyuk.

I don't think any real insane trades could come from these players with the exception of Datsyuk.
More importantly I would look to deal picks because we seem to do fine without first rounders anyways so the hell with them.

I really could see Hudler and Fillpula playing together on the second line in time. I do think that we need the young defensemen ready to replace Schenider and whoever else might wonder off from the team, but I do not want to see them touch the starting Defensemen right now because I think that is why we are where we are.

Honestly I do not see anything on the trade market that screams prefect decision. Forsberg and Bertuzzi are Intriguing but I think the majority of people would agree they are very risky plays.

I much would rather see a Guerin or such rental player come aboard for Williams and a draft pick. Something that won't hurt us now or later.

All those folks who want to throw Kron away are idiots. He has skill, he just needs experience. I would say the same for Jiri as well.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#24 arnoldbuck

arnoldbuck

Can you see the Shooter!?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ February 12, 2007 - 10:32AM) View Post

Just to echo the general sentiment: I will break someone's neck if they touch Zetterberg. smile.gif

Nope, Zets can go. haha, Bring It. boxing.gif

(and of course for anyone who may believe I am serious, forget about it)
No Matter How Many Fish in the Sea ... It'll be So Empty Without Me
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any idea's.

#25 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ February 12, 2007 - 08:31AM) View Post

I have to agree with that. With the exception of Zetterberg and Lidstrom, there isn't anyone on the Wings I wouldn't trade if the return was right.

Agreed.

Everyone else is fair game.

People have to remember that you've gotta give up someone of value to bring in someone of value. Teams aren't going to do us the favor of taking the players we want to get rid of anyway in exchange for one of their stars.

We had to give up Slava Kozlov to bring in Dom in 2002. And Kozlov was one of our clutch playoff performers.

#26 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(haroldsnepsts @ February 12, 2007 - 03:04PM) View Post

Agreed.

Everyone else is fair game.

People have to remember that you've gotta give up someone of value to bring in someone of value. Teams aren't going to do us the favor of taking the players we want to get rid of anyway in exchange for one of their stars.

We had to give up Slava Kozlov to bring in Dom in 2002. And Kozlov was one of our clutch playoff performers.

Exactly... The whole team isnt untouchable. I like our young players & prospects jsut as much as the next person, but if they can be traded for someone better then we should do it. It all depends though. I wouldnt want to trade Hudler, Filppula, Lebda, Howard, etc for some old geiser who's a UFA, but wouldnt mind that much if a deal was made for a better prospect in place of someone that would 'fit' in the Red Wings systems and needs more.

#27 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:24 PM

This entire thread is retarded. Can anyone honestly say that they would not give up Zetterberg AND Lidstrom for someone like Ovechkin or Crosby?

#28 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 03:24PM) View Post

This entire thread is retarded. Can anyone honestly say that they would not give up Zetterberg AND Lidstrom for someone like Ovechkin or Crosby?

Ok well by that logic no one is untouchable, ever. But a trade like that would never happen which is why there are untouchable players.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#29 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 10:24PM) View Post

As if Pens or Caps would trade away the cornerstones of their future. THEY would be retarded to do that, it is pointless to even discuss the word 'trade' in the same sentence with Sid or Ovie.

And the same goes for Z and Lids for that matter.
Thank You TeeMan

#30 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 12:24PM) View Post

Since Ovechkin and Crosby are untouchable, so are Zetterberg and Lidstrom.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#31 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ February 12, 2007 - 12:27PM) View Post

Ok well by that logic no one is untouchable, ever. But a trade like that would never happen which is why there are untouchable players.

Yes, that is my point exactly. No one in this league is untouchable, except perhaps Ovechkin or Crosby.

As if Pens or Caps would trade away the cornerstones of their future. THEY would be retarded to do that, it is pointless to even discuss the word 'trade' in the same sentence with Sid or Ovie.

And the same goes for Z and Lids for that matter.

So then the title of this thread should have been "Which Wings are untouchable, unless the pens or caps come a callin"

Since Ovechkin and Crosby are untouchable, so are Zetterberg and Lidstrom.

Your logic is flawed

Edited by Bannedforlife, 12 February 2007 - 03:43 PM.

#32 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 03:41PM) View Post

Your logic is flawed

"Who cares" and "what is the point of your nitpicking" are the responses I'd be looking for right about now.

QUOTE("Majsheppard")
I think we are going to be in huge cap trouble

The Wings have a ton of money coming off the books after this season. No cap trouble here.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#33 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 10:41PM) View Post

So then the title of this thread should have been "Which Wings are untouchable, unless the pens or caps come a callin"

Let's try to have some realism here, unless you can figure out a good reason why Sid or Ovie would become available in the market. That's kinda far-fetched to put it nicely.
Thank You TeeMan

#34 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(FinWing @ February 12, 2007 - 12:49PM) View Post

Let's try to have some realism here, unless you can figure out a good reason why Sid or Ovie would become available in the market. That's kinda far-fetched to put it nicely.

Unrealistic is trying to say that there are any players on this roster that are not tradeable, no matter what the return. Im not the first person to state this FACT in this thread, only the first to say it so bluntly. I can't think of a reason why Sid or Ovechkin would become available, but I can think of a few reasons why Z or Lids would (the reason being Sid or Ovie, or several others in this league, such as Heatley, Hossa, Lecavalier etc)

#35 Wingsfan31

Wingsfan31

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:09 PM

1) I would not trade Zetterberg for anyone in the league. Granted, Crosby is phenomenal and Ovechkin's an out of this world talent, but Zetterberg is clearly the most defensively responsible superstar in the NHL right now. I'll take a 30 to 40-goal, 80 to 90-point a year Selke winner over 50 goals/120 points and no defense any day of the week.

2) I will simply list the legit prospects/roster players I would part with: Hudler, Quincey, Williams, Liv, MacDonald, Lebda, Lilja, Samuelsson, Lang. Any others in the NHL, AHL or juniors either have too much potential (Flip, Kindl), are a future cornerstone (Kronwall, Howard) or a key cog of the team that simply won't be dealt (Hank, Pavel, Lids, etc). Edit: Any other youngsters (i.e. Langfeld, Bootland) have minimal trade value IMO.

3) There is no way Holland breaks up the Wondertwins at this point. He may not be able to re-sign Datsyuk, but I think you don't dare disturb that chemistry right now. Since they've been reunited, they're arguably one of the most dymanic tandems in the league. IMO, there is no way Holland deals Datsyuk unless the magnetic poles reverse, cats and dogs get along and the Pens, Washington or Atlanta become dumb enough to part with one of their superstars for a pending UFA.

Edited by Wingsfan31, 12 February 2007 - 04:20 PM.

#36 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE("Bannedforlife")
Unrealistic is trying to say that there are any players on this roster that are not tradeable, no matter what the return. Im not the first person to state this FACT in this thread, only the first to say it so bluntly. I can't think of a reason why Sid or Ovechkin would become available, but I can think of a few reasons why Z or Lids would (the reason being Sid or Ovie, or several others in this league, such as Heatley, Hossa, Lecavalier etc)

hur hur u would so trade z for sid dont lie rofl rofl

Seriously, go away. Nobody gives a s*** about your stupid nitpicking.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown, 12 February 2007 - 04:11 PM.

"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#37 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 11:05PM) View Post

I doubt that we could get a worthy return for Nick (not to mention what a huge part of our team we'd be giving up) since he'll soon be 37. We could get a good player but no one close to his ability.

And if you could get e.g. Heatley, Hossa or Lecavalier in exchange for Z straight up, would you really make that trade? I wouldn't.

All in all, it's strictly hypothetical and totally pointless to talk about trading these guys because it's never gonna happen.

Edited by FinWing, 12 February 2007 - 04:25 PM.

Thank You TeeMan

#38 Wingsfan31

Wingsfan31

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 04:05PM) View Post

I respect your opinion but I find it to be flawed. You fail to take into account the intangibles both Z and Lids bring to the Wings, which are the chief reasons neither would ever be traded. Lidstrom is a) the captain, b) arguably the best defenseman in the NHL and, c) the key to the Red Wings' special teams. Other players may be as talented as Nick, but none know the system as well, understand the tendancies of the Wings' players and how to work his game within the system. Likewise, Zetterberg is the future captain of this franchise, an outstanding two-way player and the face of the organization in many ways like Yzerman was. He is flat out untouchable unless you want to get into ridiculous hypotheticals like Crosby and Malkin for Zetterberg straight up. I would wager Holland won't deal him for Crosby even up.

But then, people did want Yzerman traded for Yashin, so perhaps this fan base's grasp of intangibles is not as tight as one would think.

#39 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(discohadestwo @ February 12, 2007 - 12:39PM) View Post

Lebda, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chelios, Schneider, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Val Filp, Holmstrom, and our goalies. Untouchables for me.

if you get rid of kronwall from your list and ad in draper then i would agree with you

Posted Image

#40 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 12, 2007 - 01:10PM) View Post

Seriously, go away. Nobody gives a s*** about your stupid nitpicking.

Hey, going straight for the big boy words, are we? Tell you what son. If you apologize nicely and make me a sandwich, I won't pull your pants down and spank your little bottom blue in front of all your little internet buddies, K?