115 replies to this topic

#41 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

threadjack lol

hay guyz would u trade zetterberg 4 teh 1985 chicago bear s i wuld we need the grit
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#42 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 11:25PM) View Post

Hey, going straight for the big boy words, are we? Tell you what son. If you apologize nicely and make me a sandwich, I won't pull your pants down and spank your little bottom blue in front of all your little internet buddies, K?

Okay okay, let's just calm down here and not get personal about this. This discussion about trading franchise players just won't lead to anything so why not just lay it to rest.

Please, surely we can find something more constructive to talk about.
Thank You TeeMan

#43 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 03:25PM) View Post

Hey, going straight for the big boy words, are we? Tell you what son. If you apologize nicely and make me a sandwich, I won't pull your pants down and spank your little bottom blue in front of all your little internet buddies, K?

Oooo...you're such a tough guy. You tell 'im!

rolleyes.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#44 arnoldbuck

arnoldbuck

Can you see the Shooter!?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 12, 2007 - 01:26PM) View Post

threadjack lol

hay guyz would u trade zetterberg 4 teh 1985 chicago bear s i wuld we need the grit

haha, I'm in. Done deal.
No Matter How Many Fish in the Sea ... It'll be So Empty Without Me
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any idea's.

#45 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:37 PM

Watch out Blak, he might go right down to where you live and... hijack another thread.

Here's the point where the wheels come off:

"This entire thread is retarded. Can anyone honestly say that they would not give up Zetterberg AND Lidstrom for someone like Ovechkin or Crosby?"

Up until then, discussion on players and assets the Wings could or should move were being discussed, and none of that involves Hank or Nick in any world we live in. Bringing up Crosby is just stupid semantics whoring bulls*** and wouldn't you know it, the threads in the toilet even prior to my arrival. Textbook threadjack, dude! Please don't kick my ass!
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#46 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 04:25PM) View Post

laugh.gif you sound like a old man!
Posted Image

#47 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,575 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 01:25PM) View Post

Look man, if that's what you're into, I say live and let live as long as you find a consenting adult partner. But could you keep your spanking fetish out of the thread please? We were talking about hockey here.

And yes, technically no one is untouchable. But the spirit of the thread is to get people's opinion of who on the team they would under most realistic circumstances not give up and keep as the core of the team.

You seem to be the only one who's missed this.

#48 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ February 12, 2007 - 01:34PM) View Post

Oooo...you're such a tough guy. You tell 'im!

rolleyes.gif

Well, I was having a discussion with fellow LGW members about the pros and cons of whatever the hell this topic is when this nobody comes out of left field and feels the need to interject with a bunch of stupid ass comments when nobody was even talking to her in the first place.

Seriously, go away. Nobody gives a s*** about your stupid nitpicking.

Apparantly people do give a s*** about what I was saying because Wingsfan31and FinWing are still responding to what I said.

#49 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 03:46PM) View Post

Well, I was having a discussion with fellow LGW members about the pros and cons of whatever the hell this topic is when this nobody comes out of left field and feels the need to interject with a bunch of stupid ass comments when nobody was even talking to her in the first place.

Actually, I'd say you're the one who took the conversation into left field with the Crosby and Ovechkin talk.

#50 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 04:46PM) View Post

Oh, I see what you did there. Subtle.

Here, let's talk about the pros and cons of threadjacking:

PROS:
Hilarious Internet tough guy shtick.

CONS:
The death of an otherwise worthwhile topic.

Apparantly people do give a s*** about what I was saying because Wingsfan31and FinWing are still responding to what I said.

To tell you how wrong you are? I guess negative attention is still attention.

#51 fluffyvee

fluffyvee

Rookie

• Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:57 PM

dont forget BIG bykov and grigorenko

#52 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ February 12, 2007 - 01:54PM) View Post

Actually, I'd say you're the one who took the conversation into left field with the Crosby and Ovechkin talk.

That doesnt give her the right to tell me to shut the hell up. Does it? Im the ******* right?

Look man, if that's what you're into, I say live and let live as long as you find a consenting adult partner. But could you keep your spanking fetish out of the thread please? We were talking about hockey here.

Hahaha, you made a funny *** joke, all right!!! What time does your mommy pick you up from pre school?

#53 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,575 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 01:59PM) View Post

That doesnt give her the right to tell me to shut the hell up. Does it? Im the ******* right?
Hahaha, you made a funny *** joke, all right!!! What time does your mommy pick you up from pre school?

As long as we can all agree.

Seriously, can we get back to the topic? as I said in my last post, you're the one who jumped in and nitpicked about this thread and called it retarded, when everyone else seems to have understood the spirit of the question.

If it's so retarded, here's a thought, don't post in it.

#54 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(Bannedforlife @ February 12, 2007 - 03:59PM) View Post

No and yes.

Everyone cool down.

#55 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:08 PM

So the topic says 'Which Wings are untouchable?'

Why talk about such obvious untouchables? From what I understood from earlier conversation the point was to name some of OUR current regulars/fringe players/prospects that might be traded or have some trade value.

This was a very decent thread to start with and I suggest we get back at that.
Thank You TeeMan

#56 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ February 12, 2007 - 02:03PM) View Post

Everyone cool down.

Agreed. Im going to be the bigger person here and go away for awhile, but if HOH or Harold feel the need to continue to talk s*** after I leave, I think it's the mod's responsibility to do something about it. Bye

#57 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Wingsfan31 @ February 12, 2007 - 02:18PM) View Post

I respect your opinion but I find it to be flawed. You fail to take into account the intangibles both Z and Lids bring to the Wings, which are the chief reasons neither would ever be traded. Lidstrom is a) the captain, b) arguably the best defenseman in the NHL and, c) the key to the Red Wings' special teams. Other players may be as talented as Nick, but none know the system as well, understand the tendancies of the Wings' players and how to work his game within the system. Likewise, Zetterberg is the future captain of this franchise, an outstanding two-way player and the face of the organization in many ways like Yzerman was. He is flat out untouchable unless you want to get into ridiculous hypotheticals like Crosby and Malkin for Zetterberg straight up. I would wager Holland won't deal him for Crosby even up.

But then, people did want Yzerman traded for Yashin, so perhaps this fan base's grasp of intangibles is not as tight as one would think.

Very few people on this board take intangibles into account, at the same time not realizing that the Wings have been living off of intangibles for over a decade.

Want the team to turn into a revolving door? Sorry, but that would destroy the team dynamic and the team identity. The Wings are unique in all the league for one reason--and you all know why.

Thank you for making this post-- I'm glad SOMEBODY looks at intangibles.

EDIT: To whomever it was who claimed Smyth is better in front of the net than is Holmstrom, have fun arguing that point against the rest of the hockey world. Start with the goalies.

Edited by Crymson, 12 February 2007 - 05:16 PM.

#58 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 12, 2007 - 05:13PM) View Post

EDIT: To whomever it was who claimed Smyth is better in front of the net than is Holmstrom, have fun arguing that point against the rest of the hockey world. Start with the goalies.

I think you are referring to my post, which you obviously did not read properly. I said Smyth does the same type of thing, but brings more. I did not say that Smyth is better in front of the net.

#59 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ February 12, 2007 - 03:21PM) View Post

I think you are referring to my post, which you obviously did not read properly. I said Smyth does the same type of thing, but brings more. I did not say that Smyth is better in front of the net.

I'm afraid, then, that I don't see your point. If Holmstrom is the best in the world at his given assignment, then how would picking up Smyth, who is not nearly as good in front of the net but better elsewhere, be good?

Holmstrom brings a lot to the team-- goalies HAAAAATE Holmstrom. I doubt they complain much about Smyth, nor have I really seen him spend a lot of time in front of them.

#60 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

IMO the only untouchables are Hank, Lids, and Kronner.

For me though? Osgood, Hudler, Hank, and Kronner are untouchable! tongue.gif
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -