• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

I came across this, and got slightly scared…

Link
Forwards Valtteri Filppula, Jiri Hudler and Jason Williams have been rumored to be in the mix. Defenseman Jakub Kindl, a first-round pick in 2005, would be desired by many teams, but the Wings might not be willing to trade a potential top-four defenseman. Minor league goalie Jimmy Howard, another former first-rounder, is another prospect the Wings might not be willing to trade.

Regardless of what would come our way, I wouldn’t deal any of these three guys. They are too good to simply trade away. So that begs the question, who do you believe is untouchable and will not be included in any trades in the Wings organisation?

Edited by Aussie_Wing, 12 February 2007 - 11:06 AM.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#2 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:05 AM

I'd trade Hudler and Williams without a second though.

Howard, Kindl, and Flip I'd keep.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#3 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

Zetterberg, Howard, Filppula and Kindl.

I would absolutely waive bye-bye to Williams or Sammy.

Sidenote: Not that anyone is worried about losing Z.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25, 12 February 2007 - 11:14 AM.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#4 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:13 AM

Honestly? Everyone besides Z and Lidstrom can go for the right price, keep in mind many of those prices are so high that no team would pay it.
Moral victories are for losers.

#5 JeeSpot82

JeeSpot82

The Production Line

• Gold Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:26 AM

I sincerely hope that they keep Filppula. As much as I like Hudler, I'd chuck him under the bus to keep Flip - but I'd much rather have them both.

From the prospect ranks, I'd hope to keep ahold of Kindl, Ericsson, Quincey on defense. Howard and Liv may both have a future in net. As for forwards, I'd like to keep an eye on Emmerton and Helm, but I'm not terribly attached to most of the ranks on offense in the system.

#6 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE(Heaton @ February 12, 2007 - 10:13AM) View Post

Honestly? Everyone besides Z and Lidstrom can go for the right price, keep in mind many of those prices are so high that no team would pay it.

I have to agree with that. With the exception of Zetterberg and Lidstrom, there isn't anyone on the Wings I wouldn't trade if the return was right.

#7 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:00 PM

Zetts, Lids, Howard, Flip, and Hasek (we'd look a little silly tradiing away Dom before the deadline, wouldn't we? tongue.gif).

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#8 TerribleTed7

TerribleTed7

Rookie

• Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:07 PM

Nobody would keep Kronwall?

#9 The Enforcer

The Enforcer

Stanley Cup Champs 2008

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:17 PM

I would trade Maltby and Draper for a case of molson longnecks and a 1st round pick.
"The place was filled with every cutthroat and low-life from Bombay to Calcutta. It was worse than being in Detroit."

#10 discohadestwo

discohadestwo

4th Line Grinder

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:39 PM

Lebda, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chelios, Schneider, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Val Filp, Holmstrom, and our goalies. Untouchables for me.

#11 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(discohadestwo @ February 12, 2007 - 11:39AM) View Post

Lebda, Kronwall, Lidstrom, Chelios, Schneider, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hudler, Val Filp, Holmstrom, and our goalies. Untouchables for me.

Agreed, except Id put Brett Lebda on that list.

Yeah I didnt see the first name. well then that list is perfect.

Edited by Salviaman, 12 February 2007 - 12:48 PM.

Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#12 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(Salviaman @ February 12, 2007 - 12:40PM) View Post

Agreed, except Id put Brett Lebda on that list.

I think you need to re-read his list and look at the first name on his list.

That being said, there is no way all of those guys would fall into an "untouchables" list.

#13 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(discohadestwo @ February 12, 2007 - 12:39PM) View Post

'Everyone' would have also sufficed. laugh.gif
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#14 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(discohadestwo @ February 12, 2007 - 11:39AM) View Post

So basically, everyone on the Wings who has even the slightest bit of trade value is untouchable?

#15 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(Aussie_Wing @ February 12, 2007 - 09:04AM) View Post

I came across this, and got slightly scared…

Link
Regardless of what would come our way, I wouldn’t deal any of these three guys. They are too good to simply trade away. So that begs the question, who do you believe is untouchable and will not be included in any trades in the Wings organisation?

Untouchable Wings?

Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Holmstrom

Filpulla

Cleary

Draper

Lidstrom, Chelios, Lebda.

Probably Kronwall, maybe Schneider.

QUOTE(BlakChamber @ February 12, 2007 - 10:55AM) View Post

So basically, everyone on the Wings who has even the slightest bit of trade value is untouchable?

Would you want to mess up our incredible defense or our unbelievably good first line, or trade away our best prospect?

As far as I think, trades are supposed to make the team BETTER, not mess up a good thing.

#16 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 12, 2007 - 12:03PM) View Post

Would you want to mess up our incredible defense or our unbelievably good first line, or trade away our best prospect?

It depends.

If the trade made the team better, than yes, I would do it.

#17 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 12, 2007 - 01:03PM) View Post

Untouchable Wings?

Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Holmstrom

Filpulla

Cleary

Draper

Lidstrom, Chelios, Lebda.

Probably Kronwall, maybe Schneider.

As far as I think, trades are supposed to make the team BETTER, not mess up a good thing.

I don't know that it really matters anymore. With the salary cap era I think we're seeing that it will be hard to build from within if you want to compete year in and year out. There's not likely to be many players sticking around one place too long. I think as we're seeing with current NHLers, that prospects and picks are going to start revolving all over the league as well. I can't foresee a future where you build a core of players that you actually drafted. It'll be more like just a couple, maybe 4 or 5 guys you drafted mixed in with trades and free agents. I don't think we'll see any team build a contender that's loaded with like 9 or 10 of its own draft picks.

My own Untouchable list:

1. Zetterberg
2. Lidstrom
3. Howard

My almost untouchable list:
1. Kronwall
2. Filpulla
3. Kindl

Everybody else I'd trade in a heartbeat if I thought the return made us a better contender.

Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#18 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

I'd like to add Holmstrom to my list as well. No one in the league does what he does as well as he does it.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#19 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE(edicius @ February 12, 2007 - 01:09PM) View Post

I'd like to add Holmstrom to my list as well. No one in the league does what he does as well as he does it.

Ryan Smyth does a bit of the same, but brings more.

#20 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(TerribleTed7 @ February 12, 2007 - 09:07AM) View Post

Nobody would keep Kronwall?

If it gets us the decent scoring winger we need, one that'll also stick around for the future, I'd trade Kronwall in a heartbeat.

Lidstrom and Zetterberg are untouchable. So are guys that fill a definite role: Holmstrom, Cleary. Love Homer on the power play and Cleary on the PK....plus we'll never find anywhere else the bang for the buck that Cleary provides. Anybody who's a goalie except for MacDonald should be off limits too.

Beyond that, if the return is right, why not?
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya