• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:09 AM

With an eye towards building their franchise for the future, the Phoenix Coyotes got into the increasingly busy trade market Monday morning when they traded leading scorer Ladislav Nagy to Dallas for Mathias Tjarnqvist and the Stars’ first-round pick in this summer’s draft.

http://www.nhl.com/n...rticleid=288916
Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!
IPB Image
^Thanks Hockey13playa^

#2 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:11 AM

Pity, would've liked Nagy on this team. Very good player.

Ah well, plenty more fish in the sea.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#3 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:12 AM

Nagy isn't what the Red Wings needed. He's been a finesse set-up man (I know, he's on my fantasy team) all year. The Wings have those players -- they need guys to be physical and score. When the Tkachuks, Guerins and Bertuzzis start dropping off the list is when I'd start getting concerned.

#4 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:14 AM

Nice, he's one guy I didn't want to see come to the wings.

#5 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

That's fine by me. He's not the guy I want the Wings to pursue, and now Dallas loses options toward the deadline.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#6 GuloGulo

GuloGulo

Never Waive Drake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:22 AM

Ah, I made a parallel thread on this subject (it can be deleted).
I agree with the sentiment above - Nagy is not what this team should pursue.

<DarrylBootland> I'm big league!

#7 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:41 AM

I would cringe to see Nagy on the Wings anyway... I can just see him and Datsyuk breaking in on a 2 on 1 and passing the puck back and forth to each other because neither one can decide to pull the trigger. laugh.gif

About the resource not being available, I would think that that just means that NHL.com is editing their news page there and maybe adding on there that the Wings have traded for Forsberg.... haha.

I'm sure the Nagy deal is done, just some minor tinkering with getting it to the press and such.

#8 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(SwedeLundin77 @ February 12, 2007 - 11:41AM) View Post

I would cringe to see Nagy on the Wings anyway... I can just see him and Datsyuk breaking in on a 2 on 1 and passing the puck back and forth to each other because neither one can decide to pull the trigger. laugh.gif

About the resource not being available, I would think that that just means that NHL.com is editing their news page there and maybe adding on there that the Wings have traded for Forsberg.... haha.

I'm sure the Nagy deal is done, just some minor tinkering with getting it to the press and such.

yeah your probably right sorry for posting 2 threads on nagy. He's not worth it... my bad sad.gif

It's actually Nagy to Dallas for a # 1 pick..thats it!

Edited by Red Wings 516, 12 February 2007 - 11:44 AM.

Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!
IPB Image
^Thanks Hockey13playa^

#9 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

Wahoo, go go Dallas.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#10 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(Red Wings 516 @ February 12, 2007 - 11:53AM) View Post

It's actually Nagy to Dallas for a # 1 pick..thats it!

NHL.com still has it (along with an AP article) as Tjarnqvist and a 1st.

EDIT: http://www.sportsnet...212_115029_5000

Edited by MacK_Attack, 12 February 2007 - 12:07 PM.

#11 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:18 PM

Man, just thinking, the Stars grabbed Mickey Ribs and Ladislav Nagy this season--whoa. Watch out, they've created a monster that just can't be stopped. All they have to do is add Jozef Stumpel and the trifecta will be complete!!
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#12 wingsfan40

wingsfan40

Zetterberg: Simply Impresses Everytime He's On The Ice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:01 PM

Ah well, wasn't really a fit for our team anyway

#13 Howe's Bony Elbow

Howe's Bony Elbow

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:22 PM

Tjarnqvist and a first is a pretty high price to pay for a UFA like Nagy, who's even having a bad year. So what does that mean for anyone trying to pick up Doan? I don't think Doan's going anywhere anyway, but this trade makes picking up a Forsberg or a Guerin that much more expensive.

#14 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(Howe's Bony Elbow @ February 12, 2007 - 01:22PM) View Post

Tjarnqvist and a first is a pretty high price to pay for a UFA like Nagy, who's even having a bad year. So what does that mean for anyone trying to pick up Doan? I don't think Doan's going anywhere anyway, but this trade makes picking up a Forsberg or a Guerin that much more expensive.

True, but you have to take into account that Dallas and Phoenix are in the same division.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#15 arnoldbuck

arnoldbuck

Can you see the Shooter!?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(Howe's Bony Elbow @ February 12, 2007 - 10:22AM) View Post

I am just not sure about Doan. I know this is Phoenix making the room to give Doan pretty much whatever he wants ... but with that guying being such a competator is he gunna want to stay in a city where the are doomed for all eternity to not make the playoffs? With Doan, sure he will be drawn (as anyone would) by a good chunk of coin, but I think his eyes are going to wander to a more competative team.
No Matter How Many Fish in the Sea ... It'll be So Empty Without Me
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any idea's.

#16 datsyuk_13_fan

datsyuk_13_fan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:37 PM

I'm suprised Nagy even went for a 1st, but Dalls does need some offense. I wouldn't be suprised if he does much better in Dallas.

#17 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:31 PM

Dallas is looking like a pretty good playoff team. They did better than I expected in spite of key injuries.

Still, they've got the ever present playoff goaltending question. Will Turco step up?

He's been yanked his last couple starts. Not a good part of the season to be looking shaky.

#18 hockeyfanatic

hockeyfanatic

You *will* deliver Stanley. Wonderpus commands it.

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:42 PM

We won't be getting Doan. Nagy has been the likely candidate all year. He's been nothing but trouble when it comes to contract requests (especially considering his injury history). I'm glad we didn't pick Nagy up, I watched him (and Doan) a lot when I lived in Phoenix. Definitely not the kind of winger we need. Doan would be a nice addition, it's unfortunate he probably won't be moved.

Good addition for Dallas, though.

Edited by hockeyfanatic, 12 February 2007 - 03:42 PM.

#19 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:03 PM

Great deal for the Stars.

OMGNESS this trade stuff is getting me REALLY excited. Must control myself. Ahaha it's so sad that I get excited for EVERY team.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#20 Howe's Bony Elbow

Howe's Bony Elbow

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(ARice89 @ February 12, 2007 - 01:40PM) View Post

True, but you have to take into account that Dallas and Phoenix are in the same division.

Good point. Still, other selling teams will look at this deal and say if Nagy can go for this much, Iwe can ask for that much more. Anyway, it's about time the Coyotes realized they're going nowhere and finally started trading off their few assets. If they are going to trade Doan, the asking price is going to be too rich for most teams' blood, especially the Wings.