• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Nagy goes to DALLAS

Rate this topic

With an eye towards building their franchise for the future, the Phoenix Coyotes got into the increasingly busy trade market Monday morning when they traded leading scorer Ladislav Nagy to Dallas for Mathias Tjarnqvist and the Stars’ first-round pick in this summer’s draft.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=288916

Nagy isn't what the Red Wings needed. He's been a finesse set-up man (I know, he's on my fantasy team) all year. The Wings have those players -- they need guys to be physical and score. When the Tkachuks, Guerins and Bertuzzis start dropping off the list is when I'd start getting concerned.

I would cringe to see Nagy on the Wings anyway... I can just see him and Datsyuk breaking in on a 2 on 1 and passing the puck back and forth to each other because neither one can decide to pull the trigger. :lol:

About the resource not being available, I would think that that just means that NHL.com is editing their news page there and maybe adding on there that the Wings have traded for Forsberg.... haha.

I'm sure the Nagy deal is done, just some minor tinkering with getting it to the press and such.

I would cringe to see Nagy on the Wings anyway... I can just see him and Datsyuk breaking in on a 2 on 1 and passing the puck back and forth to each other because neither one can decide to pull the trigger. :lol:

About the resource not being available, I would think that that just means that NHL.com is editing their news page there and maybe adding on there that the Wings have traded for Forsberg.... haha.

I'm sure the Nagy deal is done, just some minor tinkering with getting it to the press and such.

yeah your probably right sorry for posting 2 threads on nagy. He's not worth it... my bad :(

It's actually Nagy to Dallas for a # 1 pick..thats it!

Edited by Red Wings 516

Tjarnqvist and a first is a pretty high price to pay for a UFA like Nagy, who's even having a bad year. So what does that mean for anyone trying to pick up Doan? I don't think Doan's going anywhere anyway, but this trade makes picking up a Forsberg or a Guerin that much more expensive.

Tjarnqvist and a first is a pretty high price to pay for a UFA like Nagy, who's even having a bad year. So what does that mean for anyone trying to pick up Doan? I don't think Doan's going anywhere anyway, but this trade makes picking up a Forsberg or a Guerin that much more expensive.

True, but you have to take into account that Dallas and Phoenix are in the same division.

I am just not sure about Doan. I know this is Phoenix making the room to give Doan pretty much whatever he wants ... but with that guying being such a competator is he gunna want to stay in a city where the are doomed for all eternity to not make the playoffs? With Doan, sure he will be drawn (as anyone would) by a good chunk of coin, but I think his eyes are going to wander to a more competative team.

Dallas is looking like a pretty good playoff team. They did better than I expected in spite of key injuries.

Still, they've got the ever present playoff goaltending question. Will Turco step up?

He's been yanked his last couple starts. Not a good part of the season to be looking shaky.

We won't be getting Doan. Nagy has been the likely candidate all year. He's been nothing but trouble when it comes to contract requests (especially considering his injury history). I'm glad we didn't pick Nagy up, I watched him (and Doan) a lot when I lived in Phoenix. Definitely not the kind of winger we need. Doan would be a nice addition, it's unfortunate he probably won't be moved.

Good addition for Dallas, though.

Edited by hockeyfanatic

True, but you have to take into account that Dallas and Phoenix are in the same division.

Good point. Still, other selling teams will look at this deal and say if Nagy can go for this much, Iwe can ask for that much more. Anyway, it's about time the Coyotes realized they're going nowhere and finally started trading off their few assets. If they are going to trade Doan, the asking price is going to be too rich for most teams' blood, especially the Wings.

i dont get why Phoenix would give up a good player like that, especially when they are struggling

He was going to leave in the off-season, no way Phoenix was willing to pay what he was asking for. Nagy wants way too much for being an unreliable player (not that he doesn't rack up the points, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy). Phoenix must have decided were unlikely to make the playoffs and the deal would be the best they could get.