• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

We didnt need a Nagy. Phoenix better put that pick to use or else they got robbed.

#22 zata40

zata40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 04:43 PM

i dont get why Phoenix would give up a good player like that, especially when they are struggling
Posted Image

#23 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,358 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(zata40 @ February 12, 2007 - 04:43PM) View Post

i dont get why Phoenix would give up a good player like that, especially when they are struggling

They figure they aren't going to make the playoffs, and that in the offseason they'll just start from scratch and rebuild maybe?
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#24 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

Nice trade for both sides

#NOMOREKINDL

#25 hockeyfanatic

hockeyfanatic

You *will* deliver Stanley. Wonderpus commands it.

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(zata40 @ February 12, 2007 - 04:43PM) View Post

He was going to leave in the off-season, no way Phoenix was willing to pay what he was asking for. Nagy wants way too much for being an unreliable player (not that he doesn't rack up the points, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy). Phoenix must have decided were unlikely to make the playoffs and the deal would be the best they could get.

#26 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE(hockeyfanatic @ February 12, 2007 - 06:05PM) View Post

He was going to leave in the off-season, no way Phoenix was willing to pay what he was asking for. Nagy wants way too much for being an unreliable player (not that he doesn't rack up the points, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy). Phoenix must have decided were unlikely to make the playoffs and the deal would be the best they could get.

Yeah, thats about it. The Yotes are in need of a drastic makeover, and what better way than to dump fragile Nagy and get a first rounder (plus the swedish guy). The season is over in Phoenix, let the trades begin!!!! laugh.gif I think we'll see Doan move on, too.
IPB Image

#27 DesertWing

DesertWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(evilmrt @ February 12, 2007 - 08:04PM) View Post

Yeah, thats about it. The Yotes are in need of a drastic makeover, and what better way than to dump fragile Nagy and get a first rounder (plus the swedish guy). The season is over in Phoenix, let the trades begin!!!! laugh.gif I think we'll see Doan move on, too.

The Yotes have a couple more years of futility ahead of them. They've got a pretty good group of young players that should be ready to play in the NHL in the next year or two. They'll keep Doan around as a mentor to the young guys. Laraque, Boynton, Morris and CuJo will likely be traded. Look for Laraque to Pittsburgh deal in the near future. The Coyotes have two first round picks in this year's draft, and hopefully the front office can use those picks wisely.

#28 GuloGulo

GuloGulo

Never Waive Drake

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:45 AM

Laraque has an NTC btw.. but I think he'd go to a contender if he could.
<DarrylBootland> I'm big league!