• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorLidstrom5

Deadline deal for goalie?

Rate this topic

Well, with all these injuries mounting to our top goaltenders, it's a thought. Would you try to get a rental goaltender like CuJo or Esche that maybe you can sign an extension if one or both of our top 2 don't come back or do you trust that these guys can stay healthy the rest of the season?

I'm not sure it would be wise to get a goalie and waste a trade but then again are you content with a Hasek or Osgood/Mac tandem? Thoughts?

Well, with all these injuries mounting to our top goaltenders, it's a thought. Would you try to get a rental goaltender like CuJo or Esche that maybe you can sign an extension if one or both of our top 2 don't come back or do you trust that these guys can stay healthy the rest of the season?

I'm not sure it would be wise to get a goalie and waste a trade but then again are you content with a Hasek or Osgood/Mac tandem? Thoughts?

Nah were fine but good thought. I think in the off season we take a look at Biron. He's an great goalie backing up Miller and I think he would fit well here

Yes. Goalie is the last thing we need, and the most expensive thing we could buy. Forget the idea of getting another goalie.

Hasek should be ready to go in Dallas. I know he's all about playing at 100%, but if it were the playoffs they'd probably just give him cortisone and let him be on his way. It may be a chronic thing, but it's still just a minor injury.

I'm not sure Oz will ever be back, but he's just having some hard luck right now as opposed to any lingering aches. And frankly, if Hasek goes down in the playoffs, and we have to bring in Oz who's barely played off the bench, I think we've got an equal shot with him as we do with any rental like Cujo: none.

Well I really don't see Osgood or Hasek back next year so we are going to have to get a veteran goalie next season to play with Howard.

Osgood is under contract next season, and Hasek's stellar play this year has earned him another, I would think.

Well I really don't see Osgood or Hasek back next year so we are going to have to get a veteran goalie next season to play with Howard.

Holland has said he could resign the Dom...if Hasek makes it through the season without hurting his groin and the Wings win at least one round of the playoffs, after the season they had, my guess is they will sign him another year.

Why not? Like shadow said.....if Hasek finishes out the year, and it's a pretty good year, then why shouldn't he come back? Same for Osgood. It's not like Ozzie's getting old and his body is falling apart.

not that anyone can predict Dom's next move (not me, not even him, I think!), I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him back with Ozzie as backup again next season. Mac's 27, for all that we refer to him as a rookie. If he's going to be back up to the back up again, I would think it would be kinder to trade him in the off season to a team where he gets to play.

If it's Dom and Ozzie next season, is Howard ready for call up when needed? I assume so, although I've never seen him play.

As for this season, I wouldn't panic yet about a minor boo-boo to Hasek's wrist. Despite the doomsayers like Ted Kulfan this morning, I highly doubt this is a season-ending injury for Dom - don't even understand why anyone would say that. Now Ozzie, I am a little concerned about. Can he come back and will be he able to play up to speed if so. He sure will be "rested" if needed for the playoffs, won't he? :)

No deadline deal.

Seriously, haven't we played musical goalies enough over the past few seasons?

I will not act surprised if Hasek's health goes down south before the playoffs (started around this time last season), but he's kicked butt more often than not this season, and I highly doubt Osgood will continue to have bad luck with injuries.

If Hasek goes down, I'm comfortable in having an experienced and mentally tough 'tender in Osgood. He's not the best out there but knows what it takes to win in this league still.

As much as Osgood has sacraficed in wanting to be a Red Wing again, relegating to the backup role, I highly doubt he or a guy like Martin Biron would be comfortable juggling a #2/#3 role when both are capable of starting for most NHL teams.