• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

interminded

Dom & Ozzie probably returning this week

Rate this topic

let's be carefully optimistic that are goaltending due will return this week:

Chris Osgood (broken bone in right index finger) had an extra-long practice and took shots; he might be able to dress Wednesday. Jimmy Howard was called up to be on the bench for the Flyers' game, but said he didn't think he'd go on the rest of the trip. Dominik Hasek (tendinitis in his right wrist) is also expected to return later this week. ... Zetterberg said he'd get his chipped teeth fixed next Monday.

DETNEWS.com

BTW.. I meant PROBABLY in the title... ;)

Edited by interminded

MLIVE does the smart thing: They just report the conflicting reports ! : :D

Conflicting reports muddle injury situation:

The answer as to whether Dominik Hasek and Chris Osgood are close to returning or are out for an extended period of time depends on who you ask:

February 13, Detroit News:

Wings coach Mike Babcock was hoping to get Danny Markov back in the lineup against Philadelphia, but Markov (back) missed his third consecutive game because of soreness.

Babcock said Dominik Hasek (right wrist) is scheduled to do some drills with goaltending coach Jim Bedard today at Joe Louis Arena. Babcock hopes Hasek will play in one of the two upcoming road games.

Chris Osgood (index finger) practiced with Bedard after the team was done skating. Osgood could be back within two weeks.

February 13, Detroit Free Press:

Danny Markov said his back and side were too sore to play Monday, but estimated he'd return later this week.

Chris Osgood (broken bone in right index finger) had an extra-long practice and took shots; he might be able to dress Wednesday.

Dominik Hasek (tendinitis in his right wrist) is also expected to return later this week.

I guess freep and detnews have different sources.

There's a big difference between wednesday and within two weeks....

I hope it's wednesday !

MLIVE does the smart thing: They just report the conflicting reports ! : :D

I guess freep and detnews have different sources.

There's a big difference between wednesday and within two weeks....

I hope it's wednesday !

Me too!

It seems like we haven't seen the Wizard play in forever!

Just found this on detnews.com:

Chris Osgood (index finger) practiced with Bedard after the team was done skating. Osgood could be back within two weeks.

Sounds kinda vague to me, what's going on? :huh: He can't seem to stay healthy at all.

EDIT: Hockeycrazy, sorry for overlapping (and interminded too :P).

Edited by FinWing

hris Osgood (broken bone in right index finger) had an extra-long practice and took shots; he might be able to dress Wednesday. Jimmy Howard was called up to be on the bench for the Flyers' game, but said he didn't think he'd go on the rest of the trip. Dominik Hasek (tendinitis in his right wrist) is also expected to return later this week. ... Zetterberg said he'd get his chipped teeth fixed next Monday.

Whew.....that's a relief. With all this concern about the Wings goaltenders returning, I was extremely worried about when Zetterberg was going to get his chipped teeth fixed.

Good news again:

Dominik Hasek (sore right wrist) will be available for tonight's game. If Hasek doesn't play, Joey MacDonald would start. Chris Osgood (broken index finger) has been working out with goaltending coach Jim Bedard the past several days and is close to returning. The Wings sent Jimmy Howard to Grand Rapids.

Dom's available and Ozzie is close to returning.

:)

NICE

GOALIE UPDATE

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...419/1053/SPORTS

Journalism 101: Chris Osgood (broken right index finger) and Dominik Hasek (tendinitis, right wrist) both had such good on-ice workouts Tuesday that Osgood was prompted to suggest a fitting headline would be "Sexy tandem back in the saddle in Dallas."

:lol: @ Ozzie!!

Hasek dittoed their near-readiness. "If needed, I could go tomorrow," he said. "I don't want to say it's great, but definitely I feel progress, and I feel I could go."

In all likelihood, Osgood will get the nod. MacDonald has started seven games and has dug himself a 1-5-1 record with a 3.46 goals-against average and .872 save percentage, and the Wings need points to secure first place in the Central Division and thus delay meeting powerhouses Anaheim and San Jose. Plus, Osgood needs to get into a rhythm in case he's needed in the playoffs

so there ya go!

No GDT yet...

Are Dom and Oz the best 1& 2 in the league?

Depends upon the night, I guess. (smirk)

The Wings are, however, the only Team in the League with TWO goaltenders on the roster who have won the Stanley Cup as a Starter.

That's quite a distinction.

Oz looked good tonight....