• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chelios4eva

2/14 GDT: @ Dallas Stars, 8:30pm

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

If Hank keeps dominating the way he is it will be hard to stop the Wings. I'd feel more comfortable if the first line wasn't the only option though.

Keep in mind that it is Z, Hank and Dats who do the work. Without those two, Hank wasn't doing so well earlier. They're a trio.

3 Stars per NHL.com

1. Hank

2. Smith

3. Ozzie

:D

I remember seeing Mike Smith play quite a bit when he was in junior here in Sudbury with the Wolves.I don't remember him being all that good.He must have done quite a bit of work on his game.

edit-Nevermind,I just checked his numbers from when he was here,and they're pretty good.Perhaps it's the team as a whole I remember sucking.

Edited by Bob_Essensa

Keep in mind that it is Z, Hank and Dats who do the work. Without those two, Hank wasn't doing so well earlier. They're a trio.

aren't Z and hank the same person?? :blink: hes so good that its like there are two of him on the ice :cool:

I just saw the highlights of the game tonight on tsn.. Wow what a pass hank made for Dats that was amazing.. ANd the smile on dats after he scored that goal was priceless

yeah, it's clear those two love playing together. and they make each other so much better.

aren't Z and hank the same person?? :blink: hes so good that its like there are two of him on the ice :cool:

I think he may have meant Homer. Typing too fast... :) But Zetterberg is good enough to be two people. He was amazing tonight. Stars fans saw greatness tonight on their ice, and it was wearing a winged wheel. His daddy must be incredibly proud right now.

You definitely are not :D ... I absolutely love Cleary!! I always feel bad for him, because he has to play on a line with Williams.

Aww, I love Cleary too--when I heard he might not play today I was like wonderful--Lilja (seriously the man of 9 lives (everytime he is suppose to come out of the lineup someone gets sick/hurt) will get to play. But when I saw him, I was sooo happy. It was nice to see him unselfishly pass the puck to Schneids for the EN, much like Hank did for him a few games ago. So yea, it was great to see him get a point, but obviously Hank stole the show.

PS--Cleary and even Lang get brownie points for having to deal with Williams night in and night out.

Nice to get a win, but as someone said, I expected more intensity following that Philly game embarrassment. And I thought Dallas had Barnaby and Morrow? Those guys playing would've provided some nastiness for Dallas and the game might've been different. Our boys hung in there though and got it done tonight in exciting fashion, but I fear Anaheim or San Jose in the playoffs will not be such a "quiet" affair.

Stay on Target Kenny! ! !

esteef

I, too, expected more intensity, but was very pleased with the 3rd period. They could have easily let up and let the goalie be the star of the game, but really took it to Dallas.

That being said, Z is so good that could Datsyuk be traded for a speedy big winger who can shoot? If we can't re-sign him, we could get something for him... or is this just crazy talk (breaking up the best line in the NHL)?

yes, I too remember those cases from previous seasons.

but this season we had 4-3 and 2-1 against Stars and these were both tight games.

if anything, I'd rather use these recent games as indication rather than what happened

long time ago

nice try, though

Interesting post, seeing as that everything you said in your initial post was wrong. Wings win a tight game, Ozzie played great, and more importantly..........Didn't allow a flukey goal to "hand" the Stars a win in a tight game.

Nice try, though.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Interesting post, seeing as that everything you said here was wrong. Wings win a tight game, and Ozzie played great, and more importantly..........Didn't allow a flukey goal to "hand" the Stars the win.

Nice try, though.

I am amazed this season at the way the Wings can play ho-hum hockey for the first 40 minutes (and make me want to throw things at them!) and then apparently say to themselves, "Well, hmmm... let's go out in the third and just embarrass the crap out of [fill in team here] and win... what'dya say, guys?" They are just sick with skills and don't exploit it half the time.

I just want to say, aside from that one goal, which I know Ozzie wants back, he was great last night. I am taking into consideration how little he's played and the long stretch before this game when he has had no game action, just practices where he couldn't even take shots most of the time. Veteran performance, under the circumstances. I am really glad to have him back. :clap:

Thank you, Wings, for not making me have to hide at work today from my Stars' fan colleagues. I shake my head at them and smile slightly with pity in my eyes, and say, "Well, what could the Stars do, when Z and Dats decided to make magic?" ~snicker~

BTW, am I the only one who thinks Zetterberg is channelling Stevie Y, at times? He reminds me of Stevie, when he does those patient, dangling passes, or comes out of nowhere with a pass like last night, where the goalie never saw it coming. It's lovely to see. I almost fell out of my chair last night when Z passed that puck to Dats. :lol: