• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chelios4eva

2/14 GDT: @ Dallas Stars, 8:30pm

Rate this topic

My faith in Joey MacDonald dropped from zero to negative SIX last game. So here's to hoping Dominik Hasek is alllll better.

The Stars are a solid team (Philadelphia is not) and we could certainly use a win to regain the points we lost in Philly.

TSN is reporting Mike Smith will start for the Stars tonight, not Turco.

Depending on which newspaper you read, either Osgood or Hasek will be starting tonight.

Could be either goalie, I guess. Dom or Ozzie would be fine vs. Dallas (just not Mac, please). Turco's been shaky the last couple of starts, so they say in Dallas. Smith is a pretty good goalie, by the way. Wish I could go to the game, but it's mid-week, and too far to drive, etc. Phooey... don't they know they should put Wings/Stars games on a weekend?

I loved Ozzie's comment about him and Dom both coming back, in Helene's column in Freep today: "Sexy tandem back in the saddle in Dallas."

:P

One paper had Hasek saying yesterday that the wrist was feeling better but wasn't quite 100% yet... Which makes me think Osgood will start, especially since he's been taking extra time at practice lately.

Smith has been great lately and turned in a nice performance last week in a shutout of Anaheim.

One paper had Hasek saying yesterday that the wrist was feeling better but wasn't quite 100% yet... Which makes me think Osgood will start, especially since he's been taking extra time at practice lately.

Smith has been great lately and turned in a nice performance last week in a shutout of Anaheim.

yeah, the freep article says probably Ozzie:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...419/1053/SPORTS

Who knows, by game time, right?

Wings come out and play 60 FULL minutes.

Wings 4 (Cleary, Homer 2, Zetterberg)

Stars 2 (Nagy, Zubov)

lets hope the sharks open a can on the preds tonight!

Prediction: Wings lose, Preds win.

BTW the Free Press thinks Osgood will start tonight.

YAY for our goalies back!

I think Oz should get the start because he's been outta the loop for awhile, plus he's got an excellent record against the Stars. He pretty much owns them. :D

Anywho. Wings win tonight 4-2 (Kronwall, Hudler, Franzen, Maltby)

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

Legend has it there was a man on that fateful day, March 6th, 1836, who died a revolutionary to stall Santa Anna and his men as they finished their siege of the Alamo.

This man, already a highly decorated veteran from his time in the Napoleonic Wars, ended his military career early after France's defeat and crossed the ocean to settle in the frontiers of America. He blazed trails in the American west, found himself a pretty lady and settled down on a ranch in modern day San Antonio.

Trouble was afoot. As Santa Anna crossed the Rio Grande, intent on dissolving the Texan government, there was a call to arms; what brave men would answer this call in the face of total destruction? Alongside heroes such as Davy Crockett, Tomas Lang left his wife and children to fight for his independence.

It didn't take long for Tomas to garner the respect he deserved; recognized as a military man, he quickly found himself in charge of the troops, albeit off the record. After thirteen brutal days of combat, as the Alamo Mission crumbled around him, and all hope was lost, Tomas rallied his troops. They were ready to follow him to their deaths, and so they charged into the enemy lines to give the rest some chance of escape. Torn asunder by Mexican bullet and bayonet, Tomas died knowing he had done the right thing; that he would be remembered.

Time, however, spares few, and in all likelihood you have not heard of him. But there is still hope. When our Wings take the ice tonight against those Stars, in the place that he would call home, it is a chance to remember brave Tomas and his last stand, it is a chance to...

REMEMBER THE LANGAMO

I'm going to the game tonight... I'm sitting 2nd row oppisite side of the players bench between the net and the blue line ( the side the Wings will be shooting at 1rst and 3rd)

Needless to say: GO WINGS

Wings 5

Stars 4

I'm going to the game tonight... I'm sitting 2nd row oppisite side of the players bench between the net and the blue line ( the side the Wings will be shooting at 1rst and 3rd)

Needless to say: GO WINGS

Wings 5

Stars 4

I have seats in the same area as yours for the Stars/Ducks next Friday. Needless to say, I would trade you right now. I can't get there from here for a mid week game, with work commitments and such... it's all Bettman's fault, he should know to schedule the Wings on a weekend, so I can go. Yay for Center Ice, for sure!

Interesting that the Stars' coach decided not to play Turco tonight. The Wings have his number, and Dallas knows it. Someone posted in here last Fall, that if Turco fell and cracked his head open on the ice, Red Wings would spill out. :lol:

Let's hope that's true tonight! Let's Go, Red Wings!! :clap:

REMEMBER THE LANGAMO

The game is being played at the "AA"lamo. ;)

Wings get back on track, and withstand the Stars efforts.

I think Oz should get the start because he's been outta the loop for awhile, plus he's got an excellent record against the Stars. He pretty much owns them. :D

Anywho. Wings win tonight 4-2 (Cleary, Hudler, Franzen, Maltby)

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather see Hasek get the start, and have Ozzie go on Saturday. It seems as though they are rushing him back with some of the press releases. Even if he's on the border, yet ok to go tonight, I'd still rather see him get three more days of rest, and be sure he's healthy. I don't wan't to lose Ozzie any more. He needs to be ready come playoff time, and if he comes back too early and goes down for the next month, there's no way in hell he'll be ready if the unmentionable happens.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

REMEMBER THE LANGAMO

Heroes of Hockeytown, this is why you earn your spot on the LGW roster, and why J Dub and Lilypads, well, don't! ;)

More than seeing Homer get a goal, I'd like to see him lay someone out. Hell, I'd like to see anyone lay anyone out. I'm being terribly picky, aren't I? I know, I know.

Hmmmm.... this is a tough call. I'm still not confident that the loss last night was the end of our woes. Why? The forwards all played pretty half-assed once adversity reared its ugly head. Then again, it was a back to back... so maybe it was just fatigue?

I'll give the boys in red the benefit of the doubt.

Wings 5 (Pashax2, Z, Holmer, Lids) Dats has been slumpy lately, but he's usually great vs. Turco, maybe that'll extend to Smith?

Dallas 2 (both from Nagy who's not yet gotten a chance to get lazy again ;) )

Anywho. Wings win tonight 4-2 (Cleary, Hudler, Franzen, Maltby)

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

talk about going out on a limb!! hahaha why don't you throw in lillypad for another. geez=) j/k

they'll have Smith we'll have Osbad.

if the Wings come out sharp they'll win it.

otherwise Oz will win the game for Stars

What?

Pathetic. Really pathetic.

talk about going out on a limb!! hahaha why don't you throw in lillypad for another. geez=) j/k

Hahah I know right? I picked the least likely to score!

Ozzie to start tonight. Hasek to start against Phoenix on Saturday.

Also, Cleary is out today with the flu. Markov is back, and they'll dress 7 D tonight.

M-Live