• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chelios4eva

2/14 GDT: @ Dallas Stars, 8:30pm

Rate this topic

And I thought Dallas had Barnaby and Morrow? Those guys playing would've provided some nastiness for Dallas and the game might've been different.

Morrow had surgery in December to repair severed tendons in his wrist. They have no idea when he'll be back. Barnaby has been out of the lineup since early January with post-concussion issues. He temporarily lost sight a couple of times and is considering retirement.

I am amazed this season at the way the Wings can play ho-hum hockey for the first 40 minutes (and make me want to throw things at them!) and then apparently say to themselves, "Well, hmmm... let's go out in the third and just embarrass the crap out of [fill in team here] and win... what'dya say, guys?" They are just sick with skills and don't exploit it half the time.

I just want to say, aside from that one goal, which I know Ozzie wants back, he was great last night. I am taking into consideration how little he's played and the long stretch before this game when he has had no game action, just practices where he couldn't even take shots most of the time. Veteran performance, under the circumstances. I am really glad to have him back. :clap:

Thank you, Wings, for not making me have to hide at work today from my Stars' fan colleagues. I shake my head at them and smile slightly with pity in my eyes, and say, "Well, what could the Stars do, when Z and Dats decided to make magic?" ~snicker~

BTW, am I the only one who thinks Zetterberg is channelling Stevie Y, at times? He reminds me of Stevie, when he does those patient, dangling passes, or comes out of nowhere with a pass like last night, where the goalie never saw it coming. It's lovely to see. I almost fell out of my chair last night when Z passed that puck to Dats. :lol:

i was actually thinking he was more channeling fedorov at times, i have been watching all the old playoff games and cup runs, and when zetts does that power move on the off wing that drives the net is the exact move that feds used to do back in the day. powerful skater, wide strides and the puck just goes to where he is going to be. i actually think pavel looks more like a middle years stevie Y, calm, collected, precision passes and vision, not saying he is stevie y, but his game has a lot of beautiful similarities.

Edited by bowdown13

Guest Crymson

aren't Z and hank the same person?? :blink: hes so good that its like there are two of him on the ice :cool:

Whoops--Z, Homer and Dats.

You definitely are not :D ... I absolutely love Cleary!! I always feel bad for him, because he has to play on a line with Williams.

Don't forget "I'm slumping, but I don't give a s***" Robert Lang as well. What a clumsy fool he is lately. Cleary is being HELD DOWN, BADLY!!

Give him a new center and a scoring wing partner, PLEASE! You've seen what this guy can do-- he kept this team ALIVE during the first half of the season!

Our boys hung in there though and got it done tonight in exciting fashion, but I fear Anaheim or San Jose in the playoffs will not be such a "quiet" affair.

esteef

Blah, blah, blah--how many times have we heard this? You think they're so good? The Ducks and Sharks aren't who we think they are! Now, if you want to crown them, then crown them! But they are who they thought they were! And we let them off the hook!

Hehe.

I, too, expected more intensity, but was very pleased with the 3rd period. They could have easily let up and let the goalie be the star of the game, but really took it to Dallas.

That being said, Z is so good that could Datsyuk be traded for a speedy big winger who can shoot? If we can't re-sign him, we could get something for him... or is this just crazy talk (breaking up the best line in the NHL)?

Umm no, haven't we been over this? The rapport between the two of them and Holmstrom = success.

We've had the perfect experiment with this this season.

The control: playing Zetterberg and Datsyuk apart, and without Holmstrom. Terrible results for all three.

Experiment 1: playing Zetterberg and Datsyuk together, without Holmstrom. Much better results for Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Experiment 2: playing Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Holmstrom together. Incredible--nearly outrageous-- results for all three.

This is scientifically sound.

Keep in mind that Datsyuk KNEW where to be last night on the first goal, and that he and Homer engineered a perfect feed to Zetterberg on the second.

I am amazed this season at the way the Wings can play ho-hum hockey for the first 40 minutes (and make me want to throw things at them!) and then apparently say to themselves, "Well, hmmm... let's go out in the third and just embarrass the crap out of [fill in team here] and win... what'dya say, guys?" They are just sick with skills and don't exploit it half the time.

I just want to say, aside from that one goal, which I know Ozzie wants back, he was great last night. I am taking into consideration how little he's played and the long stretch before this game when he has had no game action, just practices where he couldn't even take shots most of the time. Veteran performance, under the circumstances. I am really glad to have him back. :clap:

Thank you, Wings, for not making me have to hide at work today from my Stars' fan colleagues. I shake my head at them and smile slightly with pity in my eyes, and say, "Well, what could the Stars do, when Z and Dats decided to make magic?" ~snicker~

BTW, am I the only one who thinks Zetterberg is channelling Stevie Y, at times? He reminds me of Stevie, when he does those patient, dangling passes, or comes out of nowhere with a pass like last night, where the goalie never saw it coming. It's lovely to see. I almost fell out of my chair last night when Z passed that puck to Dats. :lol:

Well, they evidently take a page from Rocky's book--get the s*** beaten out of you until the enemy tires out, then erase him.

i was actually thinking he was more channeling fedorov at times, i have been watching all the old playoff games and cup runs, and when zetts does that power move on the off wing that drives the net is the exact move that feds used to do back in the day. powerful skater, wide strides and the puck just goes to where he is going to be. i actually think pavel looks more like a middle years stevie Y, calm, collected, precision passes and vision, not saying he is stevie y, but his game has a lot of beautiful similarities.

He is unique. So is Datsyuk. Nobody puckhandles the way Datsyuk does. I remember that in the '02 finals, Aaron Ward said that he'd rather face off with anybody but Datsyuk, because Datsyuk had so many outrageous hesitation moves. Keep in mind that he was playing against a team with zero mediocre players, and 8 future hall-of-famers.

Edited by Crymson

We've had the perfect experiment with this this season.

The control: playing Zetterberg and Datsyuk apart, and without Holmstrom. Terrible results for all three.

Experiment 1: playing Zetterberg and Datsyuk together, without Holmstrom. Much better results for Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

Experiment 2: playing Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Holmstrom together. Incredible--nearly outrageous-- results for all three.

This is scientifically sound.

As I scientist I'd like to officially verify this methodology.

*checks highlight reels*

Yep. It works.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Guest Crymson

I second that.

Religion is poison.

Oh, and I'm Jewish anyway. I'll compare him to Moses, getting water out of that rock and all.

Guest Crymson

Uh oh. Would that mean we're in for 40 years in the desert? :crazy:

No, that's Phoenix. They've got about 30 years left.

A buddy of mine down here is a huge Stars fan, he walked all the way around the class to avoid having to talk to me today. I got up and went over there, he told me not to talk to him, he didn't want to hear it. LOL

All he could do was complain about how there were more Wings fans at the game than Stars fans (as usual). It's like having a home game in TX.

Guest Crymson

A buddy of mine down here is a huge Stars fan, he walked all the way around the class to avoid having to talk to me today. I got up and went over there, he told me not to talk to him, he didn't want to hear it. LOL

All he could do was complain about how there were more Wings fans at the game than Stars fans (as usual). It's like having a home game in TX.

One of them controls the goal horn.

amen to that.

they need to lock up Dats and throw away the key.

I'm hoping Dats realizes that Zetterberg makes him much, much better and vice-versa. Z needs to sit him down when the season is over and beg him to come back. These two need each other, when they are seperated(as we saw at the beginning of the season) neither puts up amazing stats, when they are working together they are nearly unstoppable and put together some of the prettiest goals ever.