• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Return of Hatcher?

Rate this topic

Hatcher is #2 on my most hated players list right behind you know who. i was pissed when we brought him here in the first place. he is a crappy defenseman who is worth nowhere near 3.5 mil. bringing him back would be the stupidest move ever.

The only way I see this being true is if the Flyers will lower the asking price for Forsberg if we take on Hatcher's contract.

Which is an entirly true possibility. He's not very well liked in Philly, and they probably figure that if they have to give up Forsberg, they might as well tie the team he goes to down with a huge boulder in the form of Hatcher and is rediculous contract. It's this reason that the Forsberg trades looks less appealing, if this is indeed the case.

edit: spelling

Edited by Kp-Wings

Here's what Flyers fans have to say about Hatcher. I asked how he's been playing this year on HFboards.

Hatcher is a very solid 4th defenseman, that can play 22 minutes a night, and a great penalty killer.

He's been a + player over the past 40 games or so on the worst team in the NHL. He's a big reason that we have a top 3 PK, possibly the biggest reason. He also hasn't taken many penalties at all, so obviously he isn't the pylon or waste of space that people make him out to be.

He's a very solid #4 defenseman and if he wasn't signed for 2 more seasons, I actually think he'd be a pretty desireable player to add for the cup run.

I haven't seen much of him this year so I don't have an opinion. It does seem that he gets ripped on too much though. He has some size and sandpaper to him. I still don't think I'd want to take on that contract though. If he were a UFA it'd be a different story.

I haven't seen much of him this year so I don't have an opinion. It does seem that he gets ripped on too much though. He has some size and sandpaper to him. I still don't think I'd want to take on that contract though. If he were a UFA it'd be a different story.

My impression is that he has greatly improved over his first post-lockout season and can still be quite effective....

That being said, I don't want him....

As a Flyers season ticket holder, and big time Red Wings fan I would take a pass on Hatcher unless he was part of a much larger deal like stated before. He has played much better the last month and a half but the fans absolutely hate him. He is boo'ed everytime he touches the puck (I know I know, it doesnt take much to get boo'ed in Philly). He has been more physical of late but makes really bad decisions. During a Penguins game back in January he tried to pinch from the point during a tie game. Malkin and Staal blew right by him, went in on a 2 on 1 and scored the game winner. Under the right circumstances he could be valuable but all in all I would say pass on Hatcher. Hopefully Philly can deal him somewhere else.

Hatcher is washed up now, hes like Eric Lindros ;) He is almost worse as Lilja (except I think he can actually still throw hits.......I think?)

Also, I don`t think that Hatcher, Federov, and McCarty are EVER coming back, their all past their prime (except maybe Feder).

There should be something on the top of these forums that spells out FEDOROV correctly with big bright letters. The guy played for us for 10 years, the issue has been beaten to death and half the people still don't know how to spell his name correctly.

Lids-Markov

Kronwall-Hatcher

Lebda-Chelios

We'd lose a PP boomer, but gain on the PK side.

I can live with it.

Well your right but ... i dont understand why we would do this ... first of all its not like our pk is doing that bad and our pp is not @ the best like the previous years ...

hatcher is probably the slowest player ever played in the nhl lol ... and i think lilja is faster then him ... and no i wouldnt want to see lilja in the lineup and there is no way i would want to see hatcher on this team ... i wouldnt even trade our 6th round pick for the year 2009 for him ... getting him is probably the worst decision that holland could take ... i rather trade and get some big goal scoring snipers ... cause getting goals in the playoffs is what we need ... thats why i really hope holland gets bertuzzi ...

Hatcher to the Wings ??

Let's not even discuss this.

It's too funny....

I am not amused, are you, IM? The only player who was a bigger waste of space on the WIngs was Uwe Krupp. Usually. the mere donning of a Wings sweater elevates a player in my mind, but Hatcher is the exception. The Flyers fans who are rating him a solid defenseman must be watching tapes from Dallas. Yes, then. Now? Nope.

:thumbdown:

Here's what Flyers fans have to say about Hatcher. I asked how he's been playing this year on HFboards.

Hatcher definitely gets more grief here than he deserves. Most of the memory people have of him is after his ACL surgery. He was never a fast guy to begin with, but after a major layoff like that, it's gonna take him a while to get back into game shape.

Hatch was big, a solid D man, and as nasty as they come.

All that being said, I have not seen him play since he left Detroit, so I don't know what kind of condition he is in. And I'm definitely not advocating Detroit bring him here.

If he were the Hatcher of old (which seems unlikely), yes he'd be nice to have. But the Wings have more pressing needs up front.

Guest Crymson

http://info.detnews.com/wingsblog/index.cfm

Hatch seems to think its a possibility.

Please remind me why we need a $3.5m 7th defenseman who can't score and is having such a career-worst year that the Flyers almost put him on waivers.

That said, it seems almost everyone agrees that Hatcher ain't today's thang! I'm shocked by the lack of dissidence! Go team!

Edited by Crymson

This would make no sense. Outside of Center, Defense is the deepest position on the team. In addition, there are four D prospects that have legitimate shots at making the team over the next couple years.

I think you can write this rumor off.

Hatcher is #2 on my most hated players list right behind you know who. i was pissed when we brought him here in the first place. he is a crappy defenseman who is worth nowhere near 3.5 mil. bringing him back would be the stupidest move ever.

...which, of course, is a good reason Holland who do such...

...hey, if it weren't for the salary cap, Hatcher would still be a Wing. It's not like they WANTED to get rid of him, they had to. If they only have to pay 3.5 for him, then I would say there is a good chance they would do it...

...of, course, Holland is going to do whatever he feels is best for this team. I could see a package including Forsberg and Hatcher. Wasn't there a stilpulation in the buyout rule that the player being bought out couldn't re-sign or be traded back to the buyee within 2 years? Maybe not, but I thought I heard that...

Wasn't there a stilpulation in the buyout rule that the player being bought out couldn't re-sign or be traded back to the buyee within 2 years? Maybe not, but I thought I heard that...

One year.