• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

2007 Baseball Season

Rate this topic

I was thinking the Same thing. Trading for Dunn and Weathers Because Wake up Tiger Fans Texeria is not going to happen. plus he can play first But The deal is going to be a Three with Houston, Cinn and DET DET will Get Lidge, Weathers, and Dunn. Houston will Get Rodney and Miner,Maroth and Cinn Will Get Monroe, Shelton,Raburn and Angel Castro,Josh Rainwater

I want Craig Monroe off the team right now. He's always sucked, and today was the last straw. You DO NOT go 0-5 with 5 K's, including one in the bottom of the ninth with one out and a runner on third. That's just ri-*******-diculous.

Gah, the bullpen is such a mess. I'd do the Dunn trade, though I don't want to give us Vasquez or Trahern. We can't keep punting games away though, so if we have to overpay a bit, so be it.

Its what ive been saying about Monroe all along. The occasional "Craig did it again!" moment (although its been few and far between this season) tends to mask all the other countless games where he does jack and basilcally hurts the team with his K's and pop ups. He's inconsistency at its finest.

Taking one positive note from the loss, Durbin got hit around quite a bit in his short outing today. It'll make it a little easier for Leyland to move him to the pen now, where he can help out. When Rogers and Robertson are ready to return, I want Miller up here for good.

I was thinking the Same thing. Trading for Dunn and Weathers Because Wake up Tiger Fans Texeria is not going to happen. plus he can play first But The deal is going to be a Three with Houston, Cinn and DET DET will Get Lidge, Weathers, and Dunn. Houston will Get Rodney and Miner,Maroth and Cinn Will Get Monroe, Shelton,Raburn and Angel Castro,Josh Rainwater

Where did you get all these names from? Detroit is NOT getting Lidge and Dunn without giving up at least one of their premier prospects. Bundling together a whole bunch of average MLB'ers and average minor leaguers doesnt get you that.

Thats like one of those crazy Maltby, Meech, Lilja, and Samuelsson for Iginla trades people post!

Grandson

Polance

Sheffield

Maggs

Dunn

Gullien

Pudge

Casey

Inge

Verlander

Miller

Bondo Bench Thames, Perez,Infanie,Rabalo,

Porcello

Trahern

Zumaya

Cruz

Lidge

Sleeth

Bazardo

Ledezma

Bird

if they ARE NOT on this list use them BUt not Maybin

So the trade is Dunn, Weather for Shelton, Jair Jurrjens,and Monroe

Lidge for Rodney, Miner, Virgil Vasquez, Tata

Dunn's not coming here unless Trahern is involved! Theres like 4 or 5 teams who want Dunn at this point. Jurrjens is decently regarded but nowhere near as compelling to them as Trahern would be. Shelton's value has plummeted, and Monroe is entering free agency at the end of the year i believe anyway. Reds could do much better than that package from another team.

The current asking price for Lidge is a young catcher and young pitcher. Tigers dont have the catcher to give, so they'd have to make it a good young pitcher. Miner and Maroth dont qualify. There you're looking at De la Cruz having to be involved probably.

You have to give to get!

Put it this way, the original scenario from the what manny posted was Dunn for Trahern, De La Cruz, and Rodney. Your counter is Jurrjens, Monroe, and Shelton. Thats some dropoff aint it?

Incredible night! What a game, way to go JV! The atmosphere at Copa looked awesome tonight. Besides the Maggs walk-off homer in the ALCS last season, this is my favorite moment of the Leyland-era Tigers. The excitement and buzz for this team in the city of Detroit is truly amazing. 33,000 people there on a Tuesday night. Just a couple years ago, that number was lucky to be a 1/3 of that. I will never forget this.

Toss in Rogers stoning the Yankees in the Wild card series last year for the Leyland-era highlights. ;)

Toss in Rogers stoning the Yankees in the Wild card series last year for the Leyland-era highlights. ;)

Strangely, Rogers starts against the Yanks and A's in the playoffs last year actually ranks higher for me the Magglio HR to win the ALCS! His whole "in the zone/madman" demeanor and the way it got me fired up too is something i'll never forget.

Dunn's not coming here unless Trahern is involved! Theres like 4 or 5 teams who want Dunn at this point. Jurrjens is decently regarded but nowhere near as compelling to them as Trahern would be. Shelton's value has plummeted, and Monroe is entering free agency at the end of the year i believe anyway. Reds could do much better than that package from another team.

The current asking price for Lidge is a young catcher and young pitcher. Tigers dont have the catcher to give, so they'd have to make it a good young pitcher. Miner and Maroth dont qualify. There you're looking at De la Cruz having to be involved probably.

You have to give to get!

Put it this way, the original scenario from the what manny posted was Dunn for Trahern, De La Cruz, and Rodney. Your counter is Jurrjens, Monroe, and Shelton. Thats some dropoff aint it?

Los Angeles Times said: "The Angels had preliminary discussions with Cincinnati about acquiring Dunn, according to a baseball source, but those talks quickly ended when the Reds requested a proven major league starting pitcher, a major league infielder  preferably a second baseman  and a top prospect."

So we could give them Maroth is the Proven starter, Ryan Raburn is the major League Infielder , Prospects Jurrjens, Miner, Virgil Vasquez. Monroe and Rodney is a throw in and They give us Dunn and Wheathers, and Sean Watson

Guest Agalloch

Adam Dunn would be a huge mistake. He's hit nine homers in GABP this year, and only THREE of those would've been gone in Comerica. The rest would've been flyouts.

He'd be horrible in Comerica, and would be a whipping boy soon enough. He needs to be in a hitters park to succeed. His home/away splits are disgustingly bad.

Also, zburg, please don't try to come up with anymore trade proposals. You're terrible at it.

So the trade is Dunn, Weather for Shelton, Jair Jurrjens,and Monroe

How can you honestly say that would actually happen? Monroe is awful, and Shelton hasn't played a single game yet this year. That's two of three who have virtually no (if any) trade value at all. Jurrjens is nothing in the way of as good of a prospect as someone like Trahern either, and won't get nearly the same draw. Unless Mike Milbury is all of a sudden GM for Cincinnati, nobody in there right minds would accept a trade like that.

I like C-Mo... hes got good power and is starting to rack up the RBIs. he has struggled a but this year, but he will heat up. after last season, we know what he can do and he will start to get the AVG back up

Why do we want Adam Dunn? If I recall correctly last year's big problem at the plate was striking out too much. Dunn strikes out like it's his job. That's like saying the Wings need to get tougher so let's trade for Sergei Samsonov.

By the way, I don't think Roman Colon is getting called up any time soon.

Los Angeles Times said: "The Angels had preliminary discussions with Cincinnati about acquiring Dunn, according to a baseball source, but those talks quickly ended when the Reds requested a proven major league starting pitcher, a major league infielder  preferably a second baseman  and a top prospect."

So we could give them Maroth is the Proven starter, Ryan Raburn is the major League Infielder , Prospects Jurrjens, Miner, Virgil Vasquez. Monroe and Rodney is a throw in and They give us Dunn and Wheathers, and Sean Watson

No way. Our problem is bullpen, not hitting.

Worst Story Ever!!!!!!!!!:

My ex-girl freind went to the Whitecaps game Friday night, and met KENNY ROGERS! She got 2 pictures with him, and autographed Tigers hat! What do I get? She got me nothing!!! No getting back together now......

Worst Story Ever!!!!!!!!!:

My ex-girl freind went to the Whitecaps game Friday night, and met KENNY ROGERS! She got 2 pictures with him, and autographed Tigers hat! What do I get? She got me nothing!!! No getting back together now......

My brother and sister in law went to the game too. They sat right in front of the bullpen so got to see him warming up about 15 feet away. Kenny said he was more nervous pitching there than in the Major Leagues. Apparently the atmosphere was just crazy, it was a sold out game and people were excited.

As for pitching they said he did OK.

My brother and sister in law went to the game too. They sat right in front of the bullpen so got to see him warming up about 15 feet away. Kenny said he was more nervous pitching there than in the Major Leagues. Apparently the atmosphere was just crazy, it was a sold out game and people were excited.

As for pitching they said he did OK.

Yeah I heard that. He said on the news that Toldeo/West Michigan fans were amazing, and really cared about baseball.

Why do we want Adam Dunn? If I recall correctly last year's big problem at the plate was striking out too much. Dunn strikes out like it's his job. That's like saying the Wings need to get tougher so let's trade for Sergei Samsonov.

By the way, I don't think Roman Colon is getting called up any time soon.

Thats true, but, the Tigers havent been striking out like last year, theyre currently 10th in the AL. They could almost afford to have a guy like Dunn in there now, especially considering the guy he'd be replacing in the outfield is currently 3rd in the AL in K's anyway. There's a difference of about 30 K's between Dunn and Monroe, but obviously the production of Dunn over Monroe easily outweighs that difference. Plus he'd batting between much better hitters in our lineup. Im not saying im gung ho over going after Dunn though, i really havent made up my mind on that.

Speaking of my boy Monroe, i read a little comment from him regarding all his strikeouts. Apparently he considers himself to be a power hitter with the likes of McGwire and Dunn, as he pointed out both those guys have high K totals too! Uhh...are you that stupid? Also he says its no big deal because a strikeout is just like any other out. Umm...no it isnt. Ever hear of advancing a runner? Kinda hard to do that without hitting the ball or just hitting a lazy fly. He really annoys me i tell ya...go steal another belt Craig.

Oh, for anyone who didnt hear about Roman Colon in Toledo here's what happened. Apparently in the lockeroom, Virgil Vasquez turned down Colon's Ipod. Colon got pissed at him. Jordan Tata eventually got involved (in Vasquez's defense i assume) and things between him and Colon began to get physical. Jason Karnuth (i think its Jason..) tried to play peacemaker between the two, and ended up taking a Colon punch and having bones broken in his face. Colon was suspended for a week or so i believe, but theres been talks that the Tigers will just get rid of him now.

Edited by Lou_Siffer

Guest Agalloch

Craig is one of the worst hitters in the league. OBP below .300 and strikeouts galore.

Dunn would be a mistake. Please, just take a look at his home/away splits. I know he hit a couple more this weekend, but before that, only three of his nine homers at home would've been gone at Comerica. He would not work in Comerica. Just bring up Raburn, whom is ******* tearing it up in Toledo after his slow start.

Woah wait a minute...De La Cruz is in the pen tonight? News to me!

As for as possible pen help from within the organization, this is it! Hope he works out.

If he gets hit up, a trade absolutely has to be 100% made...cause theres no one else.

I got a question: Is it true Leyland smokes during games in the clubhouse??? I heard Brandon Inge say earlier this year that during his long at bat he thought Jim smoked almost a half of pack. Not sure if he was joking, or dead serious.

I really feel like theres going to be a trade by Friday, im actually sensing it may be Robertson now being dealt for a reliever and a prospect maybe.

Texas has always had the eye on Nate, and i know he just got hit up by the Rangers in his last start, but something involving him and Otsuka/prospect could be on the horizon.