• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

OFFICIAL: Forsberg traded to Predators

Rate this topic

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196374&hubname=

Wow and what a price tag

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg.

It is important to note that while the two teams may have agreed on the players involved, the deal is not official until it is approved by the league via a trade call involving both teams and NHL Central Registry. Sources say that call has not been completed, so it is premature to say that the deal has been finalized, only that it has been tentatively agreed to by both teams and it is expected.

Edited by Matt

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196374&hubname=

Wow and what a price tag

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg.

It is important to note that while the two teams may have agreed on the players involved, the deal is not official until it is approved by the league via a trade call involving both teams and NHL Central Registry. Sources say that call has not been completed, so it is premature to say that the deal has been finalized, only that it has been tentatively agreed to by both teams and it is expected.

...even though it isn't official, I guess there isn't much power of the Swede influence...

That's pretty much Filppula, Kindl, a 1st and a 3rd. WAY too much for Pete at this stage of his career.

I 100% agree. I'm glad that he didn't come to the Wings because it took way too much to bring him in to Nashville. It sucks that he is now on the team that is gunning for the division. But I am still glad that we didn't give all that up for a guy with a bad foot that has definitely seen better days

...well at least we didn't get UNDERbid this time. Usually players that we want are traded for FAR less than what we offered them to another team...

....I agree that is too much for a UFA. Even if they re-sign him, that is a lot of young talent to give up. Good for Philly!

Unfortunately, a healthy Forsberg will make Nashville that much more dangerous in the postseason. They're making it to the second round this year, if not the Conference Finals.

I kept hoping against hope this wouldn't happen and kept telling myself that Nashville wasn't among the teams that he'd waive his NTC for. Guess that was all BS.

Unfortunately, a healthy Forsberg will make Nashville that much more dangerous in the postseason. They're making it to the second round this year, if not the Conference Finals.

I kept hoping against hope this wouldn't happen and kept telling myself that Nashville wasn't among the teams that he'd waive his NTC for. Guess that was all BS.

...well Nashville is one of the better teams in the league right now. And this day and age of NON-dynasty teams (thanks to the salary cap,) why not waive the NTC to have a good chance at winning the cup, and then sign somewhere else the following season if you aren't really happy there...

...well, who's left that we want, Bert, Doan, Smith, Lapointe?

11-Jan-07: Missed 4 games (groin).

04-Jan-07: Groin, day-to-day.

27-Dec-06: Missed 3 games (concussion).

19-Dec-06: Concussion, day-to-day.

16-Dec-06: Missed 5 games (foot injury/flu).

08-Dec-06: Foot injury, day-to-day.

02-Dec-06: Flu, day-to-day.

24-Nov-06: Missed 1 game (back injury).

22-Nov-06: Back injury, day-to-day.

15-Nov-06: Missed 2 games (ankle injury).

11-Nov-06: Ankle injury, day-to-day.

26-Oct-06: Missed 1 game (left wrist injury).

20-Oct-06: Left wrsit injury, day-to-day.

19-Oct-06: Left wrist injury, left Thursday's game.

18-Apr-06: Missed 1 game (groin).

16-Apr-06: Groin, day-to-day.

15-Apr-06: Missed 4 games (groin).

07-Apr-06: Groin, day-to-day.

21-Mar-06: Missed 1 game (knee injury).

18-Mar-06: Knee injury, day-to-day.

01-Mar-06: Missed 8 games (groin).

26-Jan-06: Groin, day-to-day.

25-Jan-06: Groin, left Wednesday's game.

23-Jan-06: Missed 2 games (groin).

18-Jan-06: Groin, day-to-day.

10-Dec-05: Missed 6 games (strained groin).

26-Nov-05: Strained groin, day-to-day.

25-Nov-05: Strained groin, left Friday's game.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=81...name=nhl-flyers

Doesn't look too healthy to me edicious...

But I do agree that if he can stay healthy it will be a great trade for Nashville and they will have made themselves the team to beat in the West...I don't think he will stay healthy though

...well Nashville is one of the better teams in the league right now. And this day and age of NON-dynasty teams (thanks to the salary cap,) why not waive the NTC to have a good chance at winning the cup, and then sign somewhere else the following season if you aren't really happy there...

Despite the fact that Todd Bertuzzi won't return to the Panthers' lineup until the 20th--seven days from the deadline--as he's had some difficulties recovering from back surgery, Panthers coach and GM Jacques Martin says that teams are inquiring about Big Bert:

"I've gotten quite a few calls, but I'm not sure what's going to happen yet," said Martin. "We're still in this and we're going to fight right to the end.

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapshots/ind..._02.html#237892

doesn't sound like I want him on the Wings if he is having Back problems still after the surgery...

I think a different power forward would be better, but we definitely need to get one soon, especially since Nashville just got better

Doan re-signed. and I don't think we have a realistic shot at Smith.

Bert, Guerin, Tkachuk, Lapointe...

Doan resigned with the Yotes yesterday :hehe:

Well, the world order doesn't get turned upside down. Forsberg is on a rival where he belongs and I can go back to making fun of his dives.

P.S. Anyone who thinks Holland should have outbid that package is nuts.

Agreed.

I don't really root for players to get injured... but let me say if Floppa happened to encounter health-related difficulties this postseason, it wouldn't make me sad.

I don't know why people are so pissed at Holland. He tried to land him, and if it was for to much I'm fine they didn't get him. Although I would have loved to add him I think Nashville paid way to much. I only see this being a good deal for them if they get a cup out of it.

It's not overpaying when you consider that we still have Klein and Franson as stud defensive prospects in the system. This is what Poile has been stocking all this young D talent for anyway. solid defensive prospects are always going to be a premium, so why not hoard them and use them to get things that you need?

Kariya-Forsberg-Radulov

Erat-Arnott-Sullivan

Hartnell-Legwand-Dumont

Hordichuk-Fiddler-Tootoo

Timonen-Weber

Zidlicky-Hamhuis

Suter-Vishnevski

God damn, that is a lineup to be reckoned with. No team comes close to rolling top-3 line depth like the Preds do now.

That's pretty much Filppula, Kindl, a 1st and a 3rd. WAY too much for Pete at this stage of his career.

exactly.

wouldn't it be funny if the preds turned around and traded him away to columbus or someone out of the playoffs. think about it, he already waived his no trade clause

It's not overpaying when you consider that we still have Klein and Franson as stud defensive prospects in the system. This is what Poile has been stocking all this young D talent for anyway. solid defensive prospects are always going to be a premium, so why not hoard them and use them to get things that you need?

what it would've taken the Wings to match that offer would've been overpaying.

And it's still a risk for the Preds. If they don't go fairly deep, this trade isn't worth it.