• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mudvayneowns91

What's our answer?

Rate this topic

The only way I could see upping the Preds is if we did a few moves. We could get rid of that lazy guy Langer, get Ktachuk and Guerin. I'm not saying I see us doing that. For one, they'd one quite a bit more than we'd want to give and for two, they would rather shot themselves in the foot than to help their dreaded rival, the Wings. But I ask everyone, where does Kenny look to from here?

(I know I spelled our wrong, can't seem to change it)

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

well first of all, i think ur looking to say whats OUR answer, but yeah nobody really knows, we all speculate, but im wouldnt be surprised if we had a deal that was completly out of left feild. u never know..and theres like 800 threads on this

The only way I could see upping the Preds is if we did a few moves. We could get rid of that lazy guy Langer, get Ktachuk and Guerin. I'm not saying I see us doing that. For one, they'd one quite a bit more than we'd want to give and for two, they would rather shot themselves in the foot than to help their dreaded rival, the Wings. But I ask everyone, where does Kenny look to from here?

(I know I spelled our wrong, can't seem to change it)

Careful with calling Lang lazy. The correct term on LGW.com is "Land is Lazy and He sucks" and thats trademarked, haha)

well first of all, i think ur looking to say whats OUR answer, but yeah nobody really knows, we all speculate, but im wouldnt be surprised if we had a deal that was completly out of left feild. u never know..and theres like 800 threads on this

Yeah, read the bottom of my message

The only way I could see the Wings shipping Lang is if we landed Floppa. Now that Forsberg's out of the picture, I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing Lang traded.

The bashing on Lang needs to stop. He is NOT Lazy and he does NOT suck. Thank you.

He shows up in the playoffs when it matters..and that's really all you can ask for.

Willie on the other hand? Get rid of him.

Haha, sorry if I came across that way, I was just informing the correct termanology to the new guy. I didn't mean to make it sound like he was in my bad books. I like Lang. Not my favorite, there are indeed times when he looks like he is floating out there, but he has the talent, is a solid 2nd line man for us, and it would talk a hell of a move to satisfy and justify trading him.

Agreed Willy can go.

Lang looks like he's skating in cement. While I admit, he does have pretty good skill with the puck, but without it, he looks like a man that could be legally blind. I'm not saying J Will is a good player, but at least the guy is trying

Haha, sorry if I came across that way, I was just informing the correct termanology to the new guy. I didn't mean to make it sound like he was in my bad books. I like Lang. Not my favorite, there are indeed times when he looks like he is floating out there, but he has the talent, is a solid 2nd line man for us, and it would talk a hell of a move to satisfy and justify trading him.

Agreed Willy can go.

Sorry if I came off like a jerk, if I offended you, I didn't mean to

well first and foremost we need to get rid of Lang cause he's lazy and sucks. :P

no, but seriously......lang is awesome, we all go through slumps and he's one of the few dependable guys come playoff time. I can see us giving up Williams, Maltby, a rookie, or a draft pick and us getting Keith Tkachuk, Bill Guerin, or Owen Nolan.

I am sure we will be fine. We all know that our team right now needs a little extra to get over the Preds, let alone the Ducks, Sharks, and Flames.

I believe we will keep up with the Preds on the trade aspect, we won't go get something just to get it. We also won't sell the farm either. Like Holland said, there is a new season in September to consider. ;)

Sorry if I came off like a jerk, if I offended you, I didn't mean to

haha, not sure if that was serious, but if it is don't worry about it. I wasn't offended. Everyone has opinions and this is the place to share them. Whether you like guys or not, everyone is going to see them in a different situation.

I am sure we will be fine. We all know that our team right now needs a little extra to get over the Preds, let alone the Ducks, Sharks, and Flames.

I believe we will keep up with the Preds on the trade aspect, we won't go get something just to get it. We also won't sell the farm either. Like Holland said, there is a new season in September to consider. ;)

I know we have to think about next year, and the year after that, and after that ... but it's been its been 5 years since the cup was in Detroit ... i'm getting impatient. :P

I know we have to think about next year, and the year after that, and after that ... but it's been its been 5 years since the cup was in Detroit ... i'm getting impatient. :P

:lol: Right. Just thank your lucky stars you ain't a Leafs fan then. :P

:lol: Right. Just thank your lucky stars you ain't a Leafs fan then. :P

I tried to find a little smiley hanging himself. I know as Red Wings fans we have been a little bit spoiled since the mid-90's. Some amazing teams, wicked players, 3 cups, so perhaps our expectations are a little high. But none the less, I seem to think every year we have a shot and we get bounced, so I will just try, try again.

The bashing on Lang needs to stop. He is NOT Lazy and he does NOT suck. Thank you.

He shows up in the playoffs when it matters..and that's really all you can ask for.

Willie on the other hand? Get rid of him.

Hahaha, so you're a "take things one problem at a time" kinda guy, eh?

I agree that Williams is a pox upon this club, but Lang's actually marketable out there. And to be honest he hasn't had the greatest season with the wings. IF they can move him for someone that'll fit the teams needs better right now they might as well try, at least from my perspective.

He clearly doesn't suck, but he might not be the greatest wing right now, and the wings need a dangerous second line!

Hahaha, so you're a "take things one problem at a time" kinda guy, eh?

I agree that Williams is a pox upon this club, but Lang's actually marketable out there. And to be honest he hasn't had the greatest season with the wings. IF they can move him for someone that'll fit the teams needs better right now they might as well try, at least from my perspective.

He clearly doesn't suck, but he might not be the greatest wing right now, and the wings need a dangerous second line!

I agree, the wings do need a second line that can do damage. I cringed momentarily when they moved Dats and Zets back together, but with the result I am not complaining about that. But if we hit a hot defense who can slow those guys another group is going to have to step up.

And yes, Lang has a lot more trade value than J-Will or a few other guys for that matter, but it is Trade-deadline time, so some teams are dropping players to lower wage, so perhaps we don't have to trade Lang. We can use a lower option in a trade, or two.

I agree, the wings do need a second line that can do damage. I cringed momentarily when they moved Dats and Zets back together, but with the result I am not complaining about that. But if we hit a hot defense who can slow those guys another group is going to have to step up.

And yes, Lang has a lot more trade value than J-Will or a few other guys for that matter, but it is Trade-deadline time, so some teams are dropping players to lower wage, so perhaps we don't have to trade Lang. We can use a lower option in a trade, or two.

Well part of the problem likely is that Lang is playing with essentially only one other forward out there- Cleary. Give that line a powerful winger and maybe it'll heat up? Or even push Lang to wing and put a powerful centre? I dunno... Hopefully Kenny will figure things out. If not I'm not terribly worried. It's not like this is my last chance to look forward to the Wings fighting for the cup! :hehe:

haha, not sure if that was serious, but if it is don't worry about it. I wasn't offended. Everyone has opinions and this is the place to share them. Whether you like guys or not, everyone is going to see them in a different situation.

I'm being sincere, I promise. But to topic, I live in Colorado so I am forced to watch a lot of Avs games. Why not try to get a guy like Hejduk? No one is untouchable if Super Joe is talking bout being shipped. Hejduk has 5 goals and 2 assists his last 3 games and 9 points his last 5. He's been the only bright spot they've had the last 3 months. Why not give the Avs our bad Cz Rep. with Langer and in return, we get a player that just turned 31 two days ago and a guy that will score. He averages 31 goals a season and has hit the 50 goall mark. He's had a solid international career even. They Avs need leadership with someone other than Sakic and we could use a scorer

I'm being sincere, I promise. But to topic, I live in Colorado so I am forced to watch a lot of Avs games. Why not try to get a guy like Hejduk? No one is untouchable if Super Joe is talking bout being shipped. Hejduk has 5 goals and 2 assists his last 3 games and 9 points his last 5. He's been the only bright spot they've had the last 3 months. Why not give the Avs our bad Cz Rep. with Langer and in return, we get a player that just turned 31 two days ago and a guy that will score. He averages 31 goals a season and has hit the 50 goall mark. He's had a solid international career even. They Avs need leadership with someone other than Sakic and we could use a scorer

Well as for being sincere, truly dont worry about it, no offence was taken. I know it is sometimes hard to judge a persons tone threw typed words, sometimes I fear ppl think I am a dick.

Yeah, I think if it were earlier in the year and Hejduk had come available I think with our initial scoring problems Detroit would have been in there. But since Zets and Dats have got going, I think (in my opinion, cant speak for Kenny) that a more physical forward is what we are after.

That being said, its not like there are a ton of guys out there matching those requirements.

Oh yeah, and what is this about Joe talking about being shipped?