• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladyfan

New York Daily News says Schneider is available?

Rate this topic

WHAT??? For who???

On the night on which they heard that Peter Forsberg was dealt to Nashville for a whopping price in young players and draft picks, the Rangers continued to look like a team that no longer might be desperate to acquire another center by the Feb. 27 trade deadline.

But with word coming out of Detroit that Manhattan product and ex-Blueshirt Mathieu Schneider is available, the Rangers still need help on defense. And that was reinforced when the troubled Karel Rachunek-Aaron Ward defense pair yielded a two-on-one goal to Andrew Ladd with 30 seconds left in a first period largely controlled by the Rangers.

I don't buy it, although...

Schneider for Shanahan anyone? :ph34r:

Schneider for Shanahan ????

Wow, that's a tough one.

As much as I like and miss Shanny.... I would not want to trade Schneids for him.

He is of too much defensive value for us and does provide the much needed veteran experience. (although Shanny has that too..)

I would be the first to be happy to get Shanny back, but I don't think that will happen. Funny story... someone emailed me on myspace because I have a photo of Shanny on it. He told me that the Rangers don't deserve to have him!

Since Schneider is from NY, the paper probably picked up some Internet rumour that someone started, bacause he wants Schneider to come back to NY. Right now, Schneider is a key to Detroit's power play, so I don't see him going any where.

I have to give him props yesterday though. He had that Forsberg deal before anyone else.

Yeah, like an hour before everyone else.

Legit sites actually check their sources and make sure something is probably true before posting it on their website.

Eklund doesn't have that burden, so he can post it immediately. If it's wrong, like it is most of the time, people apparently forget all the times he's way off the mark and cling to the rare one he actually gets right.