• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladyfan

New York Daily News says Schneider is available?

Rate this topic

Yeah, like an hour before everyone else.

Legit sites actually check their sources and make sure something is probably true before posting it on their website.

Eklund doesn't have that burden, so he can post it immediately. If it's wrong, like it is most of the time, people apparently forget all the times he's way off the mark and cling to the rare one he actually gets right.

Blind squirrel...stopped clock...Eklund... :P

Schneiders been playing like crap since he returned from his injury. Hes work in the defensive zone is almost comparable to Lilja these days and Detroit did just fine without him on the PP.

...and we've had some terrible playoff luck since this guy came on board.

If Detroit traded Schneider in a three way deal, and got a defenseman maybe out of Phoenix, I wouldnt mind at all.

Guest Crymson

WHAT??? For who???

On the night on which they heard that Peter Forsberg was dealt to Nashville for a whopping price in young players and draft picks, the Rangers continued to look like a team that no longer might be desperate to acquire another center by the Feb. 27 trade deadline.

But with word coming out of Detroit that Manhattan product and ex-Blueshirt Mathieu Schneider is available, the Rangers still need help on defense. And that was reinforced when the troubled Karel Rachunek-Aaron Ward defense pair yielded a two-on-one goal to Andrew Ladd with 30 seconds left in a first period largely controlled by the Rangers.

Not happening. Schneider is gold in the playoffs. 7 assists and a goal last year.

Schneiders been playing like crap since he returned from his injury. Hes work in the defensive zone is almost comparable to Lilja these days and Detroit did just fine without him on the PP.

...and we've had some terrible playoff luck since this guy came on board.

If Detroit traded Schneider in a three way deal, and got a defenseman maybe out of Phoenix, I wouldnt mind at all.

Give him time. I think you mentioned---correct me if I'm wrong---the bad rap Hatcher got after his poor play returning from injury. TRUST ME, sports injuries take a LOT out of you, especially in an anaerobic sport such as hockey (one begins losing anaerobic conditioning after 3 days without maintenance). It takes some time to return to peak condition.

Not happening. Schneider is gold in the playoffs. 7 assists and a goal last year.

Give him time. I think you mentioned---correct me if I'm wrong---the bad rap Hatcher got after his poor play returning from injury. TRUST ME, sports injuries take a LOT out of you, especially in an anaerobic sport such as hockey (one begins losing anaerobic conditioning after 3 days without maintenance). It takes some time to return to peak condition.

That's very true

Wha?? Do you remember the conversation about Schneider's defensive play in his own end during the playoffs?? He was widely considered to be one of our two worst defenseman defensively in the playoffs. He was terrible in his own end. Sure he put up the points, but as we all know, for the first time last year we scored enough goals to pull out the W's, yet we were constantly deflated by soft goals and piss poor defensive play.

Im not going to care if Schneider sticks around, but it would be nice not have to worry about him repeating his defensive play again this year.

Schneider's playoff numbers against the Oilers did nothing to offset how bad he was defensively in that series. He is what he is...a gifted PP guy who can generate offense from the back-end. He's also a liability defensively who is prone to monumental gaffs and lapses in decision making, many times brought on by teams punishing him on the forecheck.

Guest Crymson

Wha?? Do you remember the conversation about Schneider's defensive play in his own end during the playoffs?? He was widely considered to be one of our two worst defenseman defensively in the playoffs. He was terrible in his own end. Sure he put up the points, but as we all know, for the first time last year we scored enough goals to pull out the W's, yet we were constantly deflated by soft goals and piss poor defensive play.

Im not going to care if Schneider sticks around, but it would be nice not have to worry about him repeating his defensive play again this year.

Enough goals?

In any case, I challenge you to find someone who is both better and as loyal to the organization.

Edited by Crymson

Enough goals?

In any case, I challenge you to find someone who is both better and as loyal to the organization.

There are D-men out there who arent as skilled as Schneider but would be better for Detroit's situation on the back end.

Guest Crymson

Only way if we are going to pick another offensive Def... (Sourray???)

FFS.

How many times have we been over this. You're saying that we should drop Schneider in order to pick up a better defender, and that that defender should be SOURAY? Souray is HIDEOUS in the defensive zone. He's got ~40 points, and he's a -15. Give me a break.

Lidstrom ;)

I meant to trade for.

well personally, i would trade shnieder for a younger guy or dp just because his contract is up and he might retire and he is old

Guest Crymson

well personally, i would trade shnieder for a younger guy or dp just because his contract is up and he might retire and he is old

Schneider has stated that he plays to play well into his 40s.

Enough goals?

yes, enough goals. And probably a lot more had the defense and goaltending been solid, given that Edmonton boxed us out whenever they went up a goal.

As for who else, there has been talk of both Derek Morris and Nick Boynton, in which case, Derek Morris would be an improvement, although the price would be expensive given his contract status.

Schneider is an extremely tradeable player. One of the few "types" of players alot of teams have the need for.

I'd trade him to Atlanta for De Vries or Exelby

Now we're talking.

Craig Rivet is another cheapish option (who wouldnt command Schneider even).

Lets not make Schneid out to be the end all be all, he is very expendable. And for Shanny, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have always believed Scheid is a product of the system and the numbers below prove it. He is good because of the talent around him, not because he is really good. Here is breakdown of his avergaes per game on other teams and his averages per game with Detroit. NOTICE!!! He is a (-17) lifetime with other teams!!!

Total Career Stats

Teams Games Goals Assists Plus/Minus PP Goals PP Assists

Non-Detroit 1110 198 449 -17 88 257

Detroit 209 46 102 67 18 55

Total Career Averages per game

Teams Games Goals Assists Plus/Minus PP Goals PP Assists

Non-Detroit 1110 0.18 0.40 -0.02 0.08 0.23

Detroit 209 0.22 0.49 0.32 0.09 0.26

I miss the Irish Jig either way!!!!

Edited by HuntsVegas Baby

FFS.

How many times have we been over this. You're saying that we should drop Schneider in order to pick up a better defender, and that that defender should be SOURAY? Souray is HIDEOUS in the defensive zone. He's got ~40 points, and he's a -15. Give me a break.

I meant to trade for.

OFFENSIVE DEFENSMEN

Enough goals?

Yes, enough goals. We didn't lay goose eggs in consecutive games to bow out of the playoffs and carried a 2-0 lead into the 3rd of game 6,

A. Why would a non-Wing player be loyal to the Wings? Wouldn't you consider that a bad attribute seeing as he's playing for a team he's not loyal to?

B. In what way has Schneider displayed loyalty to the Wings?

C. Apart from the loyalty silliness there are many blueliners to be had that I'd take over High and Wide.