• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Earthhuman

Nashville's record doesn't reflect it's team lately

Rate this topic

Nashville has a 4-3-0 record for February so far, and we've come within 2 points of tying for the league lead... this you know.

Assuming it comes down to the 5(ish) games we have left against them, do you think we realistically have a shot at winning the division? I think we had the edge at the beginning of the month, but with Vishnevsky and Forsberg in the line-up, they might be the better team?

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom-------------------------------------------Kariya-Forsberg-Sullivan

Samuelsson-Lang-Cleary (Or Williams)----------------------------------Erat-Legwand-Dumont

Franzen-Draper-Maltby (Or Williams)------------------------------------Tootoo-Arnott-Radulov

Franzen-Filppula-Hudler----------------------------------------------------Hordichuk-Fiddler-Nichol

------------------------------------------------------vs.-------------------------------------------------------

Lidstrom-Markov------------------------------------------------------------Timonen-Zidlicky

Schneider-Kronwall---------------------------------------------------------Weber-Suter

Lebda-Chelios---------------------------------------------------------------Hamuis-Vishnevsky

Hasek, Osgood-------------------------------------------------------------Vokoun-Mason

Lines are somewhat guessed (I can't fit in Williams (Samuelsson not injured in perfect world (and why can't I fit Langfeld in there?)), especially for Nashville. I just went by point totals.

The games are hinged on Lidstrom and Hasek for us (with just a hint of Zetterberg), and Kariya and Vokoun for them (I haven't seen them play much, but those two are especially valueable). A healthy Forsberg may make the difference.

Edited by Earthhuman

Preds also have Hartnell manning the wings.

It's the Preds explosive offense vs. the Wings team defense. No idea which is better.

i agree we have blew this year against them only had 1 win, we cant match their style of play, but i cant believe they might have to move, they're alowwed to move after this season and they need to go on a good playoff run to get a stronger fan base, hopefully they choke in the first round so they can move hopefull to a canadian city :yowza:

A healthy Forsberg may make the difference.

So might Guerin or Tkachuk or Bertuzzi.

We'll still have atleast 4 (if not 5) games against the Preds by the time the deadline has come.

i agree we have blew this year against them only had 1 win, we cant match their style of play, but i cant believe they might have to move, they're alowwed to move after this season and they need to go on a good playoff run to get a stronger fan base, hopefully they choke in the first round so they can move hopefull to a canadian city :yowza:

The Wings have taken 2 of 3 against Nashville this season. Where do you come up with 1 win?

Having Forsberg makes it that much harder for us to win the Central and the President's. This is going to be an interesting 5 remaining games vs. Nashville. At least we won't meet them in the 1st round.

Pre-Forsberg signing, I would have said that we don't have a shot at winning the division.

Post-Forsberg signing, my thoughts haven't changed.

Unfortunately yes. The one season where getting #1 actuall mattered for this team, it'll be out of reach. Bummer. Now it's all about beating them Sharks or Stars. The way the Sharks have been playing lately (and the way they rolled over vs the Oil) I'm not entirely pessimistic.

Guest Crymson

OMG, do we have a hope?

To quote Steve Yzerman: That's the great thing about sports-- you never know what will happen.

The continuous attempted rationalization of a vacation to hopelessness regarding our playoff hopes simply baffles me. Can it, please.

Do you not watch Wings games??? Detroit has won 2 of 3 games, shutout Nashville's offense who was the best in the league at the time, and scored 5 goals against them the 2nd time exposing not just Vokoun but Mason as well.

OMG, do we have a hope?

To quote Steve Yzerman: That's the great thing about sports-- you never know what will happen.

The continuous attempted rationalization of a vacation to hopelessness regarding our playoff hopes simply baffles me. Can it, please.

I think we 100% have a chance at still winning the division, were only 1 point back.. PLUS DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

Guest Crymson

I think we 100% have a chance at still winning the division, were only 1 point back.. PLUS DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Damn...I completely forgot that when we played Nashville and lost 6-2, MACDONALD of all people was in net. And then theres the little fact that we took 10 penalties...and that there were 2 2on 3s against us...and one of them was a FULL 2 minute 5 on 3. And it was a second of back to back games.

Knowing this, Id say Detroit has fared VERY well against Nashville this year.

anything can happen last year us and Nashville were close up until the end of january i think then we ran ahead of them and won the diviision by like 10 points or something, you never know what can happen, forsberg may get injured again, or another key player could as well

Wings are one point behind, not 6, or 8 or 10 with little to no games left. YES they have a hope. This Nasvhille crap is pissing me off. Are we suppose to be mighty scared of them now because they got Forsberg? I mean at first I was pissed, but then I realized how injury prone the guy is and that the Wings would be risking and giving up WAY too much.

The Wings are fine at where they are at, and they are still a great dominating team. Give them some toughness up front *Tkachuk, Lapointe, Guerin..et* and the Wings will all of a sudden be the team no one wants to face.

Wings are one point behind, not 6, or 8 or 10 with little to no games left. YES they have a hope. This Nasvhille crap is pissing me off. Are we suppose to be mighty scared of them now because they got Forsberg? I mean at first I was pissed, but then I realized how injury prone the guy is and that the Wings would be risking and giving up WAY too much.

The Wings are fine at where they are at, and they are still a great dominating team. Give them some toughness up front *Tkachuk, Lapointe, Guerin..et* and the Wings will all of a sudden be the team no one wants to face.

Agreed, dude Even if the Preds do take the devision they could choke in the first round just like we did last year, Man I think the Wings have just a good chance as any other team going into the play offs. ONE man can't possibly make THAT big of a difference, and think about it Forsberg played with his new players how many times? While guys like Nicky, Drapes, Maltby Ozzy and Homer have played together for about 10 years, same with Dats and Zetterberg. They've played together for what 3 years and look that s*** they pulled off in Dallas! That pas Zetterberg pulled of WTF how did they do that. Our Chemistry with our whole team is prolly around 100%, that Forsberg trade could cause some problems with the teams chemistry

Nope, I was scared of them before. They're scary good this season.

But the Wings have handled them pretty well this season.

That being said, there have been just three games played. And of course, things can certainly change at the drop of a hat, and that's before Forsberg and Vishnevski get involved.

And intensity changes greatly between a regular season series and a playoff series. Not saying that the regular season doesn't matter, but it's a different season, so to speak. If we hold our own against Nashville in our remaining games for the season, I might feel better about our playoff chances. However, San Jose and Anaheim scare me a bit more, due to our West Coast troubles. But again, regular season vs. postseason...could be a whole new ballgame.

Edited by edicius

We have plenty of hope. Even with Forsberg, there still plenty beatable. Look at how we've played them earlier this season. The two wins we shut them down pretty good. The one game where they lost, I don't know what really happened on that. But I still think we have hope. And knowing Forsbergs history, he'll break his ankle in about 3 or 4 games anyways. :P

Yes we have hope. Anything can happen in the playoffs

just go back to the last play-offs for the Wings.

i honestly didnt think the Oil would take the Wings out, and they shocked all of hockey and went to the 7th game of the Cup finals.

moral of the story:

cliche maybe, but ANYTHING can happen! thats what makes it exciting too. so,

as far as reaching nashville in the standings and whatnot,

im not too concerned about,

a team shouldnt play in the play-off and hope to avoid a certain team.

be it nashville, anaheim, or san jose.

Guest Crymson

And intensity changes greatly between a regular season series and a playoff series. Not saying that the regular season doesn't matter, but it's a different season, so to speak. If we hold our own against Nashville in our remaining games for the season, I might feel better about our playoff chances. However, San Jose and Anaheim scare me a bit more, due to our West Coast troubles. But again, regular season vs. postseason...could be a whole new ballgame.

Conjecture. I don't get the use.

We have plenty of hope. Even with Forsberg, there still plenty beatable. Look at how we've played them earlier this season. The two wins we shut them down pretty good. The one game where they lost, I don't know what really happened on that. But I still think we have hope. And knowing Forsbergs history, he'll break his ankle in about 3 or 4 games anyways. :P

Joey Macdonald happened on the 6-2 loss.