• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tim

LaPointe and Burtuzzi

Rate this topic

Guest Tim

There has been a interest in both of these players in the wings camp (espn.com). If they get both, they will have that 'gringing edge' that they will need for the playoffs..... What do you think? Big and they can fight !

Edited by Tim

There has been a interest in both of these players in the wings camp (espn.com). If they get both, they will have that 'gringing edge' that they will need for the playoffs..... What do you think? Big and they can fight !

This post has been edited by Tim: Today, 12:34 AM

I agree. We need some size. If we don't get some size into the lineup it will be like last years playoff. :thumbup:

instagrit to be sure, but who would center that line?

I would put Bertuzzi on a line with Dats. Hank can score on whatever line he is on. LaPointe would go back with the Grind line.

Betruzzi is the only questionable in that decision to me only because he's coming off back surgery. It could take him a while to get back into prime shape. I've always liked Marty because he has an edge to his game. He did take plenty of stupid penalties in his last go-around with the team but he's matured beyond that now I would think.

Both would be interesting additions. Lapointe makes $2.4 M this season, but that is not an issue at this point of the season.

You act like Lapointe is actually a tough guy still. Have you seen his fights this season? Give me a break. I'll take Fedoruk or Eager over Lapointe.

slightly off topic but im lobbying for Fedoruk/Fedotenko. Fedoruk can fight and hit and would protect dats or zett. Fedotenko is also a good hitter, seen some tampa games and hes not afraid to hit or get in a scrum. He can also score goals in the postseason (hint: GWG in Cup Finals), plus we need to more people that start their last name with "F", reminds me on the mid 90's.. :D

You act like Lapointe is actually a tough guy still. Have you seen his fights this season? Give me a break. I'll take Fedoruk or Eager over Lapointe.

By stating that Lapointe would be an interesting addition, I act like he is actually a tough guy still? Come again?! I'd take Fedoruk or Eager over Lapointe too, I never said I wouldn't.

I would put Bertuzzi on a line with Dats. Hank can score on whatever line he is on. LaPointe would go back with the Grind line.

why would you break up our top line. i would definately put bertuzzi with lang.

why would you break up our top line. i would definately put bertuzzi with lang.

Whoever comes here, be it Bertuzzi, Guerin, Tkachuk, whoever is almost certain to play on Lang's line, it's obvious that Lang is totally ineffective without a scoring winger on his line...

This is off topic and i know you all hate him but EK is saying that Smyth to det (e)4. is there a chance of this happing?

I wouldn't believe a single thing Ek says is going to happen until it actually does, BUT.... I would love to see Smyth come here...

From hockey buzz........

)…players like Ryan Smyth and Sheldon Souray are still more likely to stay put than move at all. However, if they ARE moving, I have given you the teams where it is most likely. What you read as rumors below are just trades that are being discussed. It is ALWAYS possible and often times probable that players don’t move at all…HAVE I CONFUSED YOU ENOUGH YET???

The Chart is of course only as good as I am at deciphering the various clues. For entertainment purposes only…please no wagering.

Tier 1.

Bill Guerin-Detroit (e4), San Jose (e4), Atlanta (e4), Toronto (e3), Anaheim (e2), Buffalo (e2), Ottawa (e2)

Keith Tkachuk- Atlanta (e4), Anaheim (e3), Pittsburgh (e3), San Jose (e2), NY Islanders (e1)

Eric Brewer- Edmonton (e4), Buffalo (e4), Atlanta (e3), Ottawa (e2), Toronto (e2)

Ryan Smyth- Detroit (e3), Atlanta (e2), Anaheim (e3)

Sheldon Souray- San Jose (e4), Detroit (e2), Edmonton (e1)

Martin Biron- Tampa (e4), Florida (e3), LA Kings (e2)

Does anyone know when Bertuzzi will play? I thought I heard he would play last night but he wasn't on the ice. I guess his back isn't coming along as well as they hoped. Personally I think Bert would be a good, cheap but only has another year on his contract since I doubt he'd add much this season.

Be that Burt or LaPointe, I think wings do need 2 'tough' guys at least. After watching the Flyers game I was in shame when a bunch of bullies just beat up on us and NO ONE stepped up.

Edited by Offspring2099

Former Wings forward Martin Lapointe was in town Wednesday -- as a Blackhawk.

There's speculation he could be returning for a longer stay.

Lapointe, 33, has another year left on his contract, but the Blackhawks are in a rebuilding mode and could be willing to trade him.

Lapointe, though, doesn't want to abandon a young Chicago team.

"I'm here (Chicago) and my family is well settled in Chicago and we love it there," Lapointe said. "We're (the Blackhawks) going through some rough times, but I enjoy working with the young guys and I take pride in that."

Blackhawks general manager Dale Tallon said he'll continue to listen to trade proposals until the Feb. 27 deadline.

Detnews.com