• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:00 PM

Our second line is probably the worst in the NHL. Williams and Cleary are NOT second line players. Cleary had his fun and scoring tear, but it's time to get back to reality people. Also notice that Cleary was on Zetterberg and Datsyuks line when he was scoring all those points. He didn't do any of that when he was with his current line. Maybe Cleary could be a goal scorer, but it's highly unlikely.

And Williams... Well, we all know the story there. hehe.gif

#122 StevieY9802

StevieY9802

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

You make a good point of why they wouldn't trade and yes they are doing better than what people thought, for the second straight year, but like many have said the second line needs help. Outside of that top line who is scoring. Wasn't last night the first night where a goal was scored without Zetterberg, Datsyuk or Homer having any part of it for a while now? Guerin would help out a lot playing on the right side of Lang. I like Cleary there and if he could get going again I like that line. I don't think they will get two top 6 forwards but maybe two forwards total

#123 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(Kp-Wings @ February 22, 2007 - 12:00PM) View Post
Also notice that Cleary was on Zetterberg and Datsyuks line
Cleary/Lang connected quite a bit this season. The problem is a large part of Cleary's success was just him feeding off Lang, who had been carrying the offense before Dats and Zata got going. Replace Williams with Hudler, and Lang has two capable scorers on his wings. Lang and Hudler have displayed chemistry in the past. Williams can play with Filppula and Kopecky/Samuelsson or he could even be the spare.

EDIT: What's with merging the thread when I'm trying to post? Some mods have no manners.... laugh.gif

Edited by eva unit zero, 22 February 2007 - 12:14 PM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#124 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(eva unit zero @ February 22, 2007 - 12:14PM) View Post

Cleary/Lang connected quite a bit this season. The problem is a large part of Cleary's success was just him feeding off Lang, who had been carrying the offense before Dats and Zata got going. Replace Williams with Hudler, and Lang has two capable scorers on his wings. Lang and Hudler have displayed chemistry in the past. Williams can play with Filppula and Kopecky/Samuelsson or he could even be the spare.

EDIT: What's with merging the thread when I'm trying to post? Some mods have no manners.... laugh.gif

With Mike Babcock as coach, there's very little chance that will happen. rolleyes.gif

Edit: I'd like to clarify why I say this. Remember when Babcock did bench Williams about a month or two ago, and Williams threw a little hissy fit over it and immediatly get's back in the lineup even when he clearly doesn't deserve it? Well, I do remember it, and will not let it go anytime soon. Plenty of players complain about being scratched, and their respected coaches don't care, telling them if they want to play they need to play better. Babcock immediatly gave Williams a spot back just because Williams was "upset". This is why he'll never be a spare. Babcock will give in if he so much as blinks.

Edited by Kp-Wings, 22 February 2007 - 12:31 PM.

#125 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE(Never Forget Mac #25 @ February 22, 2007 - 08:53AM) View Post

Lang I'm sure will do better than he has been lately once the playoffs roll around. He always seems to thrive under those conditions. That being said, that line is not clicking by any means.

I hope so. I wanted to throttle him last night. It enrages me when a player is in a huge slump but still doesn't really seem to give a s***. Last year it was Lilja; now it is Lang.

QUOTE(Kp-Wings @ February 22, 2007 - 10:00AM) View Post

Our second line is probably the worst in the NHL. Williams and Cleary are NOT second line players. Cleary had his fun and scoring tear, but it's time to get back to reality people. Also notice that Cleary was on Zetterberg and Datsyuks line when he was scoring all those points. He didn't do any of that when he was with his current line. Maybe Cleary could be a goal scorer, but it's highly unlikely.

And Williams... Well, we all know the story there. hehe.gif

Uhm try again.. Cleary NEVER played with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. NEVER!!!. Where on earth did you come up with this? Try again.

Cleary scored all of his points with Lang and Williams/Sammy, usually Williams.

QUOTE(Kp-Wings @ February 22, 2007 - 10:27AM) View Post

With Mike Babcock as coach, there's very little chance that will happen. rolleyes.gif

Edit: I'd like to clarify why I say this. Remember when Babcock did bench Williams about a month or two ago, and Williams threw a little hissy fit over it and immediatly get's back in the lineup even when he clearly doesn't deserve it? Well, I do remember it, and will not let it go anytime soon. Plenty of players complain about being scratched, and their respected coaches don't care, telling them if they want to play they need to play better. Babcock immediatly gave Williams a spot back just because Williams was "upset". This is why he'll never be a spare. Babcock will give in if he so much as blinks.

Umm again, where did you get this? Show me your sources. Because of Williams` poor performance, Babcock benched Williams. He allowed Williams back into the lineup several games down the line. This is standard operating procedure. What, do you expect a coach to bench a player for the entire season based on bad performance? Try again, kiddo. FYI: Williams produced in his return to the lineup after that period.

Again, where on earth do you come up with this BS? The comment on Cleary's involvement with Zetterberg and Datsyuk was a blatant lie--either that or it showed that you just don't watch Wings games at all, in which case you really shouldn't be posting here--and this one on Williams and Babs was such pure fairy tale that I'd like to punch you through your monitor.

Give it up.

#126 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ February 22, 2007 - 12:53PM) View Post

I hope so. I wanted to throttle him last night. It enrages me when a player is in a huge slump but still doesn't really seem to give a s***. Last year it was Lilja; now it is Lang.
Uhm try again.. Cleary NEVER played with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. NEVER!!!. Where on earth did you come up with this? Try again.

Cleary scored all of his points with Lang and Williams/Sammy, usually Williams.
Umm again, where did you get this? Show me your sources. Because of Williams` poor performance, Babcock benched Williams. He allowed Williams back into the lineup several games down the line. This is standard operating procedure. What, do you expect a coach to bench a player for the entire season based on bad performance? Try again, kiddo. FYI: Williams produced in his return to the lineup after that period.

Again, where on earth do you come up with this BS? The comment on Cleary's involvement with Zetterberg and Datsyuk was a blatant lie--either that or it showed that you just don't watch Wings games at all, in which case you really shouldn't be posting here--and this one on Williams and Babs was such pure fairy tale that I'd like to punch you through your monitor.

Give it up.

Babcock benched Williams ONE GAME. That's it. There was no fairy tale about it. Babcock benched him against the Av's, Williams complained like a little girl, and came back the next night against Chicago. No lie in that.

And Williams "produced" against one of the worst teams in the league (Chicago). So when Williams "produces" against an actual good team, then maybe we'll talk. But as of right now, I have yet to see it.

And excuse me for getting the Cleary situation wrong. I'm sorry I don't remember every little situation and every little stat that goes on with the Wings this season. With the way that line is playing right now, how can anyone ever believe they played good? Way to really blow it out of proportion.

Edited by Kp-Wings, 22 February 2007 - 03:31 PM.

#127 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Kp-Wings @ February 22, 2007 - 01:30PM) View Post

Babcock benched Williams ONE GAME. That's it. There was no fairy tale about it. Babcock benched him against the Av's, Williams complained like a little girl, and came back the next night against Chicago. No lie in that.

And Williams "produced" against one of the worst teams in the league (Chicago). So when Williams "produces" against an actual good team, then maybe we'll talk. But as of right now, I have yet to see it.

And excuse me for getting the Cleary situation wrong. I'm sorry I don't remember every little situation and every little stat that goes on with the Wings this season. With the way that line is playing right now, how can anyone ever believe they played good? Way to really blow it out of proportion.

Babcock benched Williams against Anaheim on the 6th of January. Before Babcock benched Williams, he demoted him to the 4th line. Williams returned on the 8th to play against the Avs. His ice time? 10:55--third to last, after Lilja and Hudler. The Red Wings` next meeting against the Blackhawks was on the 13th, in which Williams scored two goals. Two goals is a big deal against anyone. Babcock brought Williams back because he complained, eh? Show me some proof. I imagine that claim is just utter conjecture on your part, in addition to the fact that Babcock is avowedly not a complete wuss. Nice try. No lie in your statement? lol. That's comical--not only is your claim unsubstantiated, but your information is even wrong.

I've blown it out of proportion? No, I've uncovered you trying to use utter bulls*** in order to support one of your points. Had you watched any games in the first half of the season, it is an utter impossibility that you wouldn't have known that Cleary never played on a line with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Again, nice try. Let's try to be constructive here, and not fib to gain an upper hand in discussion.

Edited by Crymson, 22 February 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#128 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

Hey Hamlet, dont push the panic button yet.