• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#501 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 01:58 AM

No TV for me tonight. Naturally, a hat trick was scored.

Allow me to explain.

Every game that I've missed this season, someone has scored a hat trick. I missed the early season's 9-2 romp, I missed Cleary's, I missed Hank's.

I've always wanted to see Hank's.

Goddamnit! IPB Image
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#502 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:00 AM

HOH, I know it'd be hard, but if we're down in the playoffs...try not to watch.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#503 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:04 AM

Jesus, I feel like such an ass. Oh man, I am SO emo right now, you have no idea.

f*** ME.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#504 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 18, 2007 - 02:04AM) View Post

Jesus, I feel like such an ass. Oh man, I am SO emo right now, you have no idea.

f*** ME.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#505 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:31 AM

Hey everyone!!! I just got home from Windsor...I was visiting my aunt. But I got to watch the game and can we just say: HANK=ROCK STAR! As soon as he got the hattie I was like, I neeeeeeeeed to be on LGW! But I was thinking of all of you...knowing you were thinking of me smile.gif My boy did it! He played amazing and I'm so glad that even though he looks like an evil cartoon monster he got the hattie.

And now a message from Hank:
IPB Image

I jutht wanna thay thankth to all of the LGW fanth that thtuck with me and thupported me and knew I'd get my hattie! It'th an honor to therve you and your hockey cravingth.

#506 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ February 18, 2007 - 02:31AM) View Post

Hey everyone!!! I just got home from Windsor...I was visiting my aunt. But I got to watch the game and can we just say: HANK=ROCK STAR! As soon as he got the hattie I was like, I neeeeeeeeed to be on LGW! But I was thinking of all of you...knowing you were thinking of me smile.gif My boy did it! He played amazing and I'm so glad that even though he looks like an evil cartoon monster he got the hattie.

And now a message from Hank:
IPB Image

I jutht wanna thay thankth to all of the LGW fanth that thtuck with me and thupported me and knew I'd get my hattie! It'th an honor to therve you and your hockey cravingth.

hahaha

I was totally thinking of you when Hank scored his first, second, and third. I was all "OMG IS HR40 WATCHING!! WHY ISN'T SHE ON LGW?!" laugh.gif
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#507 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:46 AM

HR40, you were the first person I thought of as I hear Ken Kal yelling. Congrats...I'm sure you're swooning for your man tonite.

#508 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE(hockeycrazy3033 @ February 18, 2007 - 03:40AM) View Post

hahaha

I was totally thinking of you when Hank scored his first, second, and third. I was all "OMG IS HR40 WATCHING!! WHY ISN'T SHE ON LGW?!" laugh.gif

laugh.gif Thanks! I was having withdrawal symptoms all day.

QUOTE(Hockeytown Red Wings @ February 18, 2007 - 03:46AM) View Post

HR40, you were the first person I thought of as I hear Ken Kal yelling. Congrats...I'm sure you're swooning for your man tonite.

wub.gif Thanks so much! I appreciate that. It was so great to see the hat trick. The only thing better would have been to be in the GDT while it was happening. And yes...the swooning continues laugh.gif

#509 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 18, 2007 - 12:04AM) View Post

f*** ME.

I don't know if sex is the answer to this situation.

#510 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:29 AM

We will agree to disagree!

#511 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE(Heroes of Hockeytown @ February 18, 2007 - 01:29AM) View Post

We will agree to disagree!

Yeah, yeah, I know--it always helps.

#512 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE(wingsfan979802 @ February 17, 2007 - 11:25PM) View Post

in my video game, rex layed out chara.

All it took was three pebbles and a sling... I am so bad at biblical jokes.

I got home around one and just finished watching the game... DVRed it. Go Zata! Go Wings! Go Wild! Go TIED FOR 1ST PLACE!!!!!

Go post milestones abound tonight!

#513 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE(HenrikRules40 @ February 18, 2007 - 02:31AM) View Post

Hey everyone!!! I just got home from Windsor...I was visiting my aunt. But I got to watch the game and can we just say: HANK=ROCK STAR! As soon as he got the hattie I was like, I neeeeeeeeed to be on LGW! But I was thinking of all of you...knowing you were thinking of me smile.gif

I had to watch the game later, too, so I'll bet we were cheering at the same time. And yeah, I think we all thought of you when Zetterberg scored.

#514 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(wingsfan979802 @ February 17, 2007 - 11:40PM) View Post

1000 post

No need for you to point out whenever somebody hits a "milestone".

Edited by CopenhagenWing, 18 February 2007 - 06:15 AM.

#515 chelios4eva

chelios4eva

BFF

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:18 AM

This is completley off topic, but did anyone go to nhl.com and look at that one "frozen moment" at the top of the page? Its where a VAncover player and a Blackhawks player are checking eachother, right next to them theres a guy with a wings jersey. I found that pretty funny concidering that the wings wern't in that game.

Sorry it was off topic, but i didn't feel the need to make a new thread for something so small.
IPB Image

#516 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:38 AM

Anyone happen to catch Wayne's comments on the game???

Here it is:

“Other than a few guys, we didn’t play hard the first two periods,” Coyotes coach Wayne Gretzky said. “I don’t care who’s on the other side. Gordie Howe in a Red Wings uniform at the age of 72 might have made a goal in the first two periods. Nobody gave that effort, other than the goaltender and a few guys.”

Hahaha...gotta love Wayne. It has to be frustrating as hell for him to be a coach of a team that is just completely the opposite of him in terms of talent. I'm still waiting for him to grab one of the sticks on the bench and go out there to score himself...

Edited by WhiteLightning91, 18 February 2007 - 10:40 AM.

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#517 OpenLane

OpenLane

roll tide.

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(chelios4eva @ February 18, 2007 - 08:18AM) View Post

This is completley off topic, but did anyone go to nhl.com and look at that one "frozen moment" at the top of the page? Its where a VAncover player and a Blackhawks player are checking eachother, right next to them theres a guy with a wings jersey. I found that pretty funny concidering that the wings wern't in that game.

scroll down to post #474
Posted Image