• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Forsberg unhappy about trade

Rate this topic

He just seems unhappy he had to leave Philly. I was maybe hoping he was upset about where he landed or wished he went somewhere else...Oh well, just sounds like he's trying to show some respect to Philly and then move on.

Not all is perfect in paradise. Take a look:

Forsberg disappointed with trade

I think that was a PR qoute for the Philly fans and media. What is he supposed to say? "I'm so glad to be off of that sinking ship!" He will be plenty happy playing for the best team in the NHL as long as he stays healthy.

He just seems unhappy he had to leave Philly. I was maybe hoping he was upset about where he landed or wished he went somewhere else...Oh well, just sounds like he's trying to show some respect to Philly and then move on.

you usually dont hear guys "showing respect" to other teams by saying "it's not a fun day" or "I dont feel good about it." He simply brushes over the fact that Nashville is a great team and continues on talking about how bummed he is.

Its not a knock against Nashville, but its not going to hype up his teammates thats for sure. I wouldve happened to whatever team traded for him, which in this case just happens to be the Preds.

Maybe thats just a business tactic YG :D I.E. "I'm not happy now, but i'll BE happy if you sign me to fat extension!"

If Forsberg's looking for money, he doesnt need to use tactics. Hell get whatever he wants from any number of teams. The thing is, this may be something that makes Philly fans feel good, but its sure as hell not going to make Preds fans feel good.

I think that was a PR qoute for the Philly fans and media. What is he supposed to say? "I'm so glad to be off of that sinking ship!" He will be plenty happy playing for the best team in the NHL as long as he stays healthy.

Indeed...after all, he did waive his no trade clause.... ;)

you usually dont hear guys "showing respect" to other teams by saying "it's not a fun day" or "I dont feel good about it." He simply brushes over the fact that Nashville is a great team and continues on talking about how bummed he is.

Its not a knock against Nashville, but its not going to hype up his teammates thats for sure. I wouldve happened to whatever team traded for him, which in this case just happens to be the Preds.

If Forsberg's looking for money, he doesnt need to use tactics. Hell get whatever he wants from any number of teams. The thing is, this may be something that makes Philly fans feel good, but its sure as hell not going to make Preds fans feel good.

I was half joking, but i think there is some validity to my comment. Im sure after what the Preds gave up they started negotiating on an extension right away....at least thats what i'd think. If you come across as being unhappy you're more likely to sweeten the pot for yourself. And considering Forsberg's health issues, maybe he feels he can get the most right now since the Preds will be desperate to keep him to make the trade look better.

Plain and simple he really didn't want to be traded. He probably scoffed at the idea before the trade, b/c he didn't like even the idea of it.

Anyway he agreed to be traded

Besides speaking strictly about the cities, I'd hate to go from Philly to Nashville too.

Edited by auxlepli

Plain and simple he really didn't want to be traded. He probably scoffed at the idea before the trade, b/c he didn't like even the idea of it.

Anyway he agreed to be traded

Besides speaking strictly about the cities, I'd hate to go from Philly to Nashville too.

Can you imagine what it wouldve done to his relationship with Holmgren if he had refused to be traded to a team that had offered Upshall, Parent, and a 1st for him??

Can you imagine what it wouldve done to his relationship with Holmgren if he had refused to be traded to a team that had offered Upshall, Parent, and a 1st for him??

yeah this was all PR, he didn't want to leave but im sure he's excited to go to a team that has a strong chance to get to the finals. Oh, and they got a 3rd rounder as well.

Exactly.

Who wouldn't be unhappy with going to nashville.

1. Baby s*** yellow hockey sweaters.

2. Nothing but horrible country music non stop.

3. Fans who are more interested in watching cars drive in circles then seeing a fierce body check or a masterful one timer.

4. NON STOP COUNTRY MUSIC!

5. Sweden is some part of Russia to folks from Nashville.

Other quotes:

"Well it looks like I'm now the most educated man in a U.S. state.......I finished 2 years of high school. They found out I speak 2 languages - called me a space alien. They're trying to get me to run for President of Tennessee now."

Locker room - "For the last time, NO! I don't label my skates with the 'L' and 'R'........I memorized it."

Moving day - "They're called 'books". They're for......forget it. Just please take the box marked "library" into the.....oh nevermind. I'll find it."

aloha

Guest Crymson

Forberg no longer seems to be totally about the money. He actually seemed loyal to Philly.

Take note. Loyalty on a team is important. We have lots of it in Detroit.

Wow!

I wouldn't want anyone traded to the Wings say something like that. That was weird :unsure:. He's going to a team that has an excellent shot at winning the Cup, you'd think he'd make some of those typical comments like, "I'm going to do the best I can to help the team", "Nashville has a great group of guys, I hope we can win the cup", etc.. Instead he talks about how disappointed he is for being traded.

I can imagine playing in Philly would be similar to playing in Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, etc.. The team is well supported and a big part of the city.

There's no chance he's going to re-sign with the Preds. They're going to have to go all the way or they're screwed.

I'm glad we didn't get Forsberg.

Guest DetroitBoy313

I don't know but I kind of feel bad for the guy.He probably feels like he let his team down.It's not easy being a player like Forsberg with his talents and not being able to help your team.Well at least he speaks the truth,everybody wants all athletes comments to be sugar coated I respect him more for admitting that he is unhappy with the trade then sitting there and bulls***ting.You gotta feel for the guy.....he's going to Nashville for God's sake,lol.

Wow, I think some of you are reading way too much into his comments. I've heard plenty of players say it's a tough day when they're traded. They make friends on a team. They get used to the city. Very few players would actually want to have to move on a couple days (if that) notice in the middle of the season. Being traded is tough no matter how bad the team is you're leaving and how good the team is that you're going to. I think he was just being respectful of the Flyers organization. He certainly didn't think when he signed with them two years ago that it was going to end up like this. That's disappointing and that's all I think he meant by it. Once he arrives in Nashville, I'm sure he'll be focused on helping his new team. Afterall, he had to agree to the trade. He has to be feeling fairly good about ending up there or it wouldn't have happened.

I'm not happy about him ending up in Nashville and I hope it backfires on the Predators. But there was nothing wrong with Forsberg's comments and I don't think they're any indication of impending trouble.