• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheChosenOne

Anyone Else Feel That Nashville Will Become A True Rival?

Rate this topic

And I mean more than just a "division rival" like the Blue or Hawks. I know I feel a passionate hatrid for them, and I think they are obviously our biggest competition. This has been our division for so long, and no there's finally another team that can puff their chest and go toe to toe with us. I hope it becomes something that has Wings fans really hating the Preds and the Preds fans really hating the Wings (which they probably do already).

no they wont, they have to a good team for a long time for a rivalry to form, and i see them as only being good for a few years then fading out.

Do you see that or do you hope for that? Because the Preds have a great core of young forwards and defensemen. The only thing I see that can slow them down is Kariya and Hartnell are both free agents after this season.

No, we need some guys who can fight for it to become a true rivalry.

Yup. We can hate Nashville all we want, but until we get some guys who are willing to throw down with Hordichuk, Weber, Hartnell, etc, it wont reach the level of a true rivalry.

They are kind of a rival by default right now.

The Avalanche rivalry is fading, and the Blackhawks and Blues aren't consistently good enough yet to turn it into a mutual feeling from both St Louis/Chicago and Detroit to be a rivalry.

I don't see, and hope not, for a drastic event like Lemieux-Draper to put a Detroit/Nashville rivalry to any boiling point, but it's slowly turning into a respectable rivalry, kind of under the water right now.

Forsberg will most likely be gone at the end of the year. And, even so, he isn't enough. The Red Wings will never have another rivalry like the one they had with Colorado, just simply because of the fact that hockey will never be like that again. I think the Predators are currently our biggest rival, and I think their fans feel that even more than us. But, like I said, NHL rivalries will never be as good as the one we had with the Avalanche ever again.

Guest Crymson

And I mean more than just a "division rival" like the Blue or Hawks. I know I feel a passionate hatrid for them, and I think they are obviously our biggest competition. This has been our division for so long, and no there's finally another team that can puff their chest and go toe to toe with us. I hope it becomes something that has Wings fans really hating the Preds and the Preds fans really hating the Wings (which they probably do already).

Now? Yes. Long term? Probably not. I don't think Nashville will last much longer.

Guest LivingtheDream

Nah, half the dumb rednecks and white trash in Michigan came from places like Tenessee in the first place.

Guest Tunbo Batman

bah, their pride balloon is so inflated right now its about to explode right in their sorry face.

you cant come within a hundred miles of a nsh fan (all 16 of them) without them shouting at your face OMFG FRIST PALCE OFOMFMFOFMFMO (drool). gets annoying after a while, they better hang to their 15 seconds of fame because with the stupid move they just made, they wont be good for long. 3 first rounders for a guy who might play 35 games for them? okaaaaaaay.

and NO, they are not rivals and will never be. why? because you need to HATE a rival, you need to be anxious for your next game against them so you can beat them. most people just wish they didnt exist.

The Wings have a lot more history against the Blues and Hawks then against Nashville. Just because Jordin Tootoo sticks his foot out and trips people doesn't make the two teams rivals. They met one time in the playoffs, and it wasn't really a groundbreaking series to begin with. No, I don't consider the two rivals at all.

Edited by Kp-Wings

you cant come within a hundred miles of a nsh fan (all 16 of them) without them shouting at your face OMFG FRIST PALCE OFOMFMFOFMFMO (drool). gets annoying after a while, they better hang to their 15 seconds of fame because with the stupid move they just made, they wont be good for long. 3 first rounders for a guy who might play 35 games for them? okaaaaaaay.

You'd be doing the same thing if you favorite team was still fairly new in the hockey league and doesn't have as much past history to refer back to. Nashville fans should be happy right now, let them go about their business and be excited that this is probably their 1st team that might push for a deep playoff run or contend for a Stanley Cup. They don't have much else to build on right now because they are so new. Don't sound snobbish just because you are a fan of a team with a deep/successful history in this league that has been around longer.

Do you see that or do you hope for that? Because the Preds have a great core of young forwards and defensemen. The only thing I see that can slow them down is Kariya and Hartnell are both free agents after this season.

I really do believe that the preds wont be good for to long, for a few years yes, they will be a very strong team. But as long as the team keeps on trading it's young stars for short time big scores they wont last to long, unless something dramatically changes. they just seem like a team that thinks mostly of the present and not much of the future.

they made 1 trade and upshall hasnt done much for the team, ryan parent is a great young prospect but they can do without him because of the many young d-men they have, you can't make that judgement with 1 trade

If we face them in the conference finals this year, that could catapult this into a real rivalry. Playoffs are what bring out rivalries, not regular season games.

Edited by Airborn

Rilvaries are really only made in the playoffs and i fullu expect which ever one of us is playing San Jose to lose in the 1st round

lol nashville hasnt lost to san jose yet this year, they won 5-0 last meating, we on the other hand would probably because they cream us a lot but the sharks dont have a lot of playoff exp being the youngest team in the nhl that could play a factor if we had to face them

Nah, half the dumb rednecks and white trash in Michigan came from places like Tenessee in the first place.

It wouldn't be a Nashville thread unless it was insinuated they're a bunch of rednecks. Thanks for you important contribution :rolleyes:

I really do believe that the preds wont be good for to long, for a few years yes, they will be a very strong team. But as long as the team keeps on trading it's young stars for short time big scores they wont last to long, unless something dramatically changes. they just seem like a team that thinks mostly of the present and not much of the future.

They make one big deadline trade and suddenly they're a team that never thinks about the future? That makes plenty of sense :rolleyes:

Guest Crymson

no! i will not buy into any rivalry that that stupid f***** bettman rams down our throats. nashville shouldn't even have a hockey team, for crying out loud.

i hate you bettman. may you burn in hell.

:thumbup: