• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agalloch

Zetterberg for Art Ross, and a concern for this season.

Rate this topic

Guest Agalloch

Obviously Zetterberg has no shot in hell of winning the Art Ross this year. However, if we were to resign Datsyuk for next year, and those three played on a line the entire year, don't you guys think he could at least compete for top five in points next year? He's dominating every game he's playing. The only reason he isn't higher than he is is because of the awful start he got off to, thanks to playing with the likes of Jason Williams. I honestly believe he'd have a shot at it.

Secondly, it's becoming apparent we're turning into a one-line team. This is basically what Ottawa was last year, and it obviously didn't turn out too well for them. The Lang line is awful, and not because of Lang himself. I know everyone loves to call him lazy and terrible, but take a second to think about who his wingers are. Jason f'ing Williams and Dan Cleary. He has no one to finish plays. I think a Bill Guerin type player would rectify this situation, along with Mikael Samuelsson coming back.

Thoughts?

I agree on both counts. The fact that we have almost no scoring depth is pretty scary. Samuelsson's return should help that out and I really don't get why Babcock doesn't try Hudler on the second line.

I agree on both counts. The fact that we have almost no scoring depth is pretty scary. Samuelsson's return should help that out and I really don't get why Babcock doesn't try Hudler on the second line.

Get Flippula on that 2nd line, watching Lang tonight totally pissed me off. Cleary/Williams/Flippula please

Get Flippula on that 2nd line, watching Lang tonight totally pissed me off. Cleary/Williams/Flippula please

Either that or give him more than 7 minutes of ice time.

Lang stays put at 2nd line center. He and Cleary have shown they have chemistry. Williams on the other hand blows dick.

I have an idea. Maybe Babcock should hold a tryout for the Dads before they return home and see who can take over for Williams.

Sounds like a plan to me...

Because Babcock has said he doesn't want two terrible skaters on the same line.

Because Babcock has said he doesn't want two terrible skaters on the same line.

Could it really be worse than having Jason "Non-Factor" Williams on the ice? That line has been absolutely stagnant on the ice lately, aside from the occasional turnover from Williams or Lang.

Guest Crymson

Obviously Zetterberg has no shot in hell of winning the Art Ross this year. However, if we were to resign Datsyuk for next year, and those three played on a line the entire year, don't you guys think he could at least compete for top five in points next year? He's dominating every game he's playing. The only reason he isn't higher than he is is because of the awful start he got off to, thanks to playing with the likes of Jason Williams. I honestly believe he'd have a shot at it.

Secondly, it's becoming apparent we're turning into a one-line team. This is basically what Ottawa was last year, and it obviously didn't turn out too well for them. The Lang line is awful, and not because of Lang himself. I know everyone loves to call him lazy and terrible, but take a second to think about who his wingers are. Jason f'ing Williams and Dan Cleary. He has no one to finish plays. I think a Bill Guerin type player would rectify this situation, along with Mikael Samuelsson coming back.

Thoughts?

Our top line is the best in the league, yes. It must be kept together at all costs.

Yes, the W-L-C line sucks ass. I blame Lang and Williams. Lang is in a catastrophic slump, and Williams has flat out lost it. Cleary, I think, needs a better line. We've seen what he can do with a good center. Slap him with one, and give him either Samuelsson or another strong winter, and he'll do well.

ahmen to that, Hudler deserves time on the second line, not sure why he isn't being given the time. Lang can only do so much with his linemates, this team is in desperate need of scoring wingers.

Guest Agalloch

Now that you guys mention it, putting Hudler on the second line would be a great idea.

He seems to be a future pure goal scorer, and that's what Lang needs. Isn't he one of the higher players in the league in goals to ice time? That, coupled with the fact that he and Lang are pretty much best friends, makes it seem like it could work quite nicely.

Guest Crymson

Now that you guys mention it, putting Hudler on the second line would be a great idea.

He seems to be a future pure goal scorer, and that's what Lang needs. Isn't he one of the higher players in the league in goals to ice time? That, coupled with the fact that he and Lang are pretty much best friends, makes it seem like it could work quite nicely.

To me, Lang looks like he's playing whilst ill. He's slow and sloppy.

I agree that Hudler should move up.

I also don't know why Norton isn't playing in place of Langfeld. Langfeld sees no playing time anyway. Anyone care to enlighten me?

To me, Lang looks like he's playing whilst ill. He's slow and sloppy.

I agree that Hudler should move up.

I also don't know why Norton isn't playing in place of Langfeld. Langfeld sees no playing time anyway. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Langfeld was terrible tonight. I counted 4 shifts in a row where he made glaring mistakes that ended up in a giveaway, a turn over, or a scoring chance.

Over the past few games (and Im surprised to hear myself say this) but Jason Williams has had a little jump to his step. Cleary was a beast tonight. Lang was ABYSMAL. Every time this guy is on the ice, I want to cry. You can blame his linemates all you want, but Cleary always works hard and Willys been putting in the effort a little more lately.

....Im also surpised to find myself HOPING Sammy will be back soon. And Kopecky. This 2nd line needs an overhaul NOW. Teams will learn how to shut down Hank, Pavel, and Homer over a 7 game series, and then well be done.

Maltby-Draper-Franzen was our 2nd line tonight. They had more and better scoring chances, coming closer than did our "real" second line.

i highly doubt our second line will look the way it does in 2 weeks. if the wings are serious about contending for a cup, they desperately need a trade. even if it isnt a blockbuster trade, they need to do something to add chemistry. look what zetterberg has done since he was lined with datsyuk. chemistry goes a long way in hockey. maybe lang-filppula-hudler will have chemistry or something. i dont even know if its possible. i just dont like the idea of sending the same guys out there over and over before you realize they just shouldnt play together. mix things up babcock! you might get lucky.

as i've said all year, we are one competent right wing away from winning it all. You think that line is lethal now, put a dominate right wing that can muck up in the corners between the wonder twins and see what happens

I miss when the Wings were able to roll 4 lines and then still have great depth down in GR.

I still think they'll get someone in a few days..or actually two players and all will be well again! Wings actually have two lines that can score but the Cleary, Lang, Williams has just been awful. They should get it going soon.

Hudler on Lang's wing? Haven't I been pushing that combination since oh I don't know last May?

I don't care if neither Hudler nor Lang is quick...they have tons of skill and would make it work. Hudler still scores more than J-Willy with no top end speed and no ice time, and a center who is less offensively talented than himself. Imagine what he'd do with real ice time on Lang's line in Williams' spot.

Our top line is the best in the league, yes. It must be kept together at all costs.

Yes, the W-L-C line sucks ass. I blame Lang and Williams. Lang is in a catastrophic slump, and Williams has flat out lost it. Cleary, I think, needs a better line. We've seen what he can do with a good center. Slap him with one, and give him either Samuelsson or another strong winter, and he'll do well.

Amazing insight. :clap:

Guest Crymson

I miss when the Wings were able to roll 4 lines and then still have great depth down in GR.

Eh, $70m in payroll helped us in that department. LOL.

personally i think we should call is the L W C Line, aka the Womens Toilet Line

Guest ZetterBurger40

Although the first line is accounting for the most of Detroit's goals lately, I wouldn't say that they don't have any scoring depth. When Dats/Zett started off slow, it was Lang/Cleary that picked up the slack. The team is working well, and your first line should be your best line...Finally, it is.