• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

Hank #1 Star in SEVEN wins in a row!

Rate this topic

In case you hadn't realized just how hot Henrik Zetterberg is right now, try this:

The Red Wings have won 7 of their last 9 games. In those 7 wins, Zetterberg has been the #1 Star in EVERY ONE of them!! Thats right, he has now been the #1 Star in the last SEVEN Wings wins. In those 9 games, he has 11 goals, 12 assists for 23 points.......in NINE games!!! You have to go all the way back to January 28 in our 3-1 win over Colorado to find a Wings win in which Z was NOT the #1 Star. If you don't belive me, I've listed the 3 stars from the last 10 Wings games going back to Jan 28.

This guy in UNBELIEVABLE right now!!!!!!!

Feb 17 4-1 W PHX

1. ZETTERBERG

2. Datsyuk

3. Zigomanis

Feb 14 3-1 W DAL

1. ZETTERBERG

2. Smith

3. Osgood

Feb 12 1-6 L PHI

1. Forsberg

2. Umberger

3. Richards

Feb 11 7-4 W CGY

1. ZETTERBERG

2. Lidstrom

3. Datsyuk

Feb 8 0-1 L STL

1. Sanford

2. Jackman

3. Legace

Feb 7 4-2 W PHX

1. ZETTERBERG

2. Joseph

3. Holmstrom

Feb 5 4-3 W NYR

1. ZETTERBERG

2. Datsyuk

3. Hossa

Feb 2 5-3 W STL

1. ZETTERBERG

2. Holmstrom

3. Draper

Jan 30 4-3 W NYI

1. ZETTERBERG

2. Lidstrom

3. Kronwall

Jan 28 3-1 W COL

1. Datsyuk

2. Holmstrom

3. Franzen

He has been great lately. But 23 points in 9 games?? Holy crap ssson!

Also, from his profile on NHL.com: "Note Worthy -Leads the NHL in scoring since the All-Star break with 8-12--20 points."

And check out this page... http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&am...eStarsStandings He's tied for 1st with 4 1st star selections in the NHL.

Edited by Adidarw

Seems to me like people are already set on Brodeur.... too late this season. And all from a 10 game slump right at the beginning to take him out of the race.

Those that don't think Brodeur should win it are the type that want Crosby to break every record there is. I'll bet he'll be a captain before Yzerman became one, all to make him the best... :thumbdown:

Zetterberg probably deserves it, especially if we take the division.

That is amazing!! Zetterberg has very quicky become my favourite player (he was always up there,but his play lately put him over the top).I hope to hell he remains on this team for many years to come(his entire career would be best).Talk about a hidden draft day gem!! Do we have great scouts and management or what???

Makes you wonder how many points he could have had this year if he didn't start out so slow. Can you believe he only had 3 points after 12 games.

i love zetteberg and i think he is doing great this year, but i think brodeur deserves it this year, he has 11 shutouts which is amazing, and is on his way to a 40 win season, and look at their defence nj has a crumby team without brodeur they'd be at the bottem of the league, last year when he was out for about 10 games they won just 2 of them i think but if zetteberg keeps this up tell the end of the year i'll have to change my mind

Where would we be without this guy :crazy:

I don't even want to think about that! But yeah...he's hotter than fire right now. It's an utter joy to watch him. His offensive steadiness coupled with his defensive prowess impresses me more every game. I always think I couldn't be more in love with Hank and then he pulls a hat trick and my awe multiplies to the nth degree.

Makes you wonder how many points he could have had this year if he didn't start out so slow. Can you believe he only had 3 points after 12 games.

His scoring since December 23rd is 17 goals and 43 points in 26 games, which is the points-per-game pace of Crosby this season, and notably better in the goals department.

THAT is how good Hank has been since Dec 23rd...best in the league at both ends.

Guest LivingtheDream

Where would we be without Hakan Andersson? I don't want to think about that....

He is playing amazing and I am not in the slightest way trying to take anything away from him, but I think the key is his playing with Datsyuk. Pavel assisted on all 4 goals last night. On the third goal (Hanks hatrick goal), Datsyuk dominated offensively for a good long while and made the plays that led to that goal. - watch the replay. My point is Hank is truly THE Wing, but we have to keep these two together to get this kind of insane production. I just hope we can. I hope Pavel is smart enough to see that sure, he can go somewhere and make a bit more $$$, but he won't win and he won't have a line mate like Hank. IN short, he will be rich(er), but not happy in his work. Maybe he should study the post Wings career of Federov as an example.

Any way, back to Hank. The guy just does it all. Do you think he is a shoe in for the Selke? I hope so. I love hearing the quote over and over that nobody less than Gretsky says he is the most under rated player in the whole NHL.

Give Brodeur the Vezina. Let Zata have the Hart. He deserves it.

And on another note, today I finally managed to get myself a Zetterberg jersey inexpensively! $110 with shipping on eBay. The seller (20_west) has more of Zetts too, just FYI... :D

Edited by edicius